Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

Vitamin C serum on my face - I make it myself. It evens out skin tone, helps build collagen, fights free radical damage.
    Retin A Rx - really helps minimize lines.
    Revlon Lip Butter - love the combination of lipstick and gloss, lots of great colours to choose from and reasonably priced.
    La Roc Posay Anthelios sunscreen - the best sunscreen out there. High PPD, great for sensitive skin.
    L'Oreal Voluminous mascara - handsdown my favourite mascara. Really helps build volume and give my tiny eyelashes length.
    Olive oil - great hair treatment when warmed up. Mixed with sugar, it makes a great body scrub.
    All natural facial peel / exfoliator - Blend 2 parts pineapple, to 1 part papaya with a tablespoon of honey. Really makes skin glow and soft.
    Apple Cider Vinegar is great for clarifying your hair.

Silver Member

I love Mistral soaps. They are pricey, but they last longer than regular soap and don't irritate my hyper-sensitive skin.

Anything City Lights - lip gloss, especially.

I got a Ruffian nail polish in my birch box last month and it is really nice and provides smooth luscious coverage and lasts almost an entire week.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Anyone here who still prefers wet shaving over waxing or creams should maybe try old fashioned solid shaving soap and a shaving brush instead of gel or foam. The Bloke prefers using a brush/soap so when I ran out of my shaving gel I ninja'd his stuff and was really surprised at how much better it was - a much closer shave. I'm going to keep using his stuff from now on.

ETA: After the initial outlay (for a reeeeeally good brush that won't fall apart) this is very, very economical. A block or tub of shaving soap can last up to 12 months and costs just a few quid. Compare that to the cost of a can of gel and how many you go through over the course of a year.
    I'm a little late to this, but my SO uses the Art of Shaving and loves it. I steal his razors, but never his shaving cream.

My new favorite body lotion is Nivea Smooth Sensations. It absorbs instantly and my skin is still soft the next day and the fragrance is nice. Not heavy or fruity. I used to use St. Ives Whipped Silk and they stopped making it. I hate lotion because most of them are way too heavy and greasy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Also (minor bitch) why is the shaving gel aimed at women always more expensive than the stuff branded for men?
    because the bastards can get away with charging more. There's a whole host of products and services with different prices for different genders: deodorants, shampoos, soaps, health care, insurance, dry cleaning, haircuts, cars, clothes

It's always more expensive to be female. You can find the same plain unisex t-shirt or gym socks priced for less in the men's section for no reason at all.

Rant off.
    Kittylady likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Sally Hansen "Wined Up" nail polish. I bought this at Target the other day and it's a perfect color for fall. Pictures don't do it justice.

I also got OPI Samoan Sand, which is a pretty neutral.

It's old fashioned, been around for ever. But the reason it's around so long is it works. If you're a blonde or have highlights, and like ash tones, you need this stuff.
    Brookie, sputnik and kasippu like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^I'll have to try that. I've never seen it around. I'll take a look on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Sally Hansen "Wined Up" nail polish. I bought this at Target the other day and it's a perfect color for fall. Pictures don't do it justice.

Oh Samoan Sand. That used to be my staple. I'm going back to it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post

I fucking love Samoan Sand! It's my favorite neutral

OPI nail polishes in general last a good long time.

bought lipstick on a whim last night. just walked into sephora to see if anything struck my fancy and i started trying on lipsticks and i fell in love with urban decay's revolution lipstick in 69 even though it's a brand i haven't worn since their nail polish in the 90s. i didn't even know they were still around but their revolution lipstick line is amazing. 22 bucks. highly pigmented, thick formula but goes on creamy and shiny, not like those opaque lipsticks that feel like you've smeared dry paste on your mouth. with this, you get full coverage with just one swipe. or you can also wear less, spread it around with your fingers and top it off with gloss and it works as a stain. great lasting power too.
    they have lots of different colours but 69 appealed to me because it's a strong, cool red with pink undertones. i liked it so much i'm going back to try some of their lighter neutrals.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

It's old fashioned, been around for ever. But the reason it's around so long is it works. If you're a blonde or have highlights, and like ash tones, you need this stuff.
    yup. my hair guy recommended this line when he did my colour. it's amazing and cheap. the only problem is a couple of times i forgot to rinse out my ears and this stuff is really pigmented and i'd have blue on the inside of my ears. stained a couple of towels that way lol
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I NEED to get that lipstick. it looks gorgeous.
    sputnik and kasippu like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have been using spam to get rid of redness on my skin.
    It effects good on it. And price is not high.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; November 26th, 2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Persistent bastards

Pure "Chimp"?????? I do not want anything associated with chimps on my face.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information