Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

I didn't want to try retin a on my sensitive skin, but I did a little google and found that baking soda mixed with a little water works to clear blackheads so I tried it on my nose and it really does work. Minimal irritation on my super sensitive skin and it felt so clean afterwards. I read if you do it once or twice a week it helps.

Re: Rosehip Oil. I find it soaks in best when mixed with a little light moisturiser. I think it has made my dark circles a teensy bit lighter so far (they're caused by not enough fat under the eye are and thin skin so you can see the dark muscle underneath) - it seems to have thickened the skin a teensy bit. It has also made my nasiolabial lines (from nose to mouth) disappear pretty much Anyway, my main reason for posting here again was to tell everyone it use it on their eyelashes at night! I've been doing this and my eyelashes (which are naturally dark and quite long) are definitely longer than before and are so well conditioned and soft. It probably just makes them fall out less but they look quite a bit longer so I'm happy

The Rosehip Oil hasn't cleared up my light discolouration as much as I had hoped, but I think in combo with a few other things it will. I have good skin, never get blemishes, etc but some days it appears nice and fair and I don't need foundation but other days it is kinda blotchy like the discoloration in my lower face is visible, it's not bad but not glowing and clear. I really want to have a more even tone so am still trying to find a good routine.

Scrubbing with sugar and olive oil once a week leaves your skin beautiful! Rub it on gently, wash off, then cleanse to remove excess and pat dry. I'm going to try getting into a better routine with this scrub and baking soda on the nose once a week and I'll keep using my rosehip oil every night and report back!

Skinfesto?
    Novice likes this.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

I bought some pumpkin seed oil today at TJ Maxx in the food section. Supposed to be good for your skin too. It smells fabulous, rather nutty; kinda greenish brown in color. Massaged some into my hands earlier and they feel nice. (I love playing with various oils; I've bought other food-grade oils from stores and used them on my skin: grapeseed oil, avocado oil, sesame oil, etc.)
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I love camellia oil for my face but I'm having difficulty finding any so I use rosehip instead.
    Brookie likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Burts Bees cuticle cream is a lifesaver in the winter.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

One of the best facial cleansers I've ever used is the Shu Uemura High Performance cleansing oil. I love that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I love camellia oil for my face but I'm having difficulty finding any so I use rosehip instead.
    I buy mine from ebay I really love this oil in the spray pump. I am a bit of a self confessed oil fanatic!

Silver Member

1. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

This is a great sheer-medium coverage foundation with a semi-matte finish. I like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and YSL Teint Touche Eclat foundations for natural sheer coverage, but they expensive. I personally think that the Bourjois foundation is quite comparable to the Chanel and YSl and at less than half the price, it's a great alternative when I want to save money. Also, try the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation.

2, Revlon Just Bitten Stain Balm

Not as "balmy" as Clinique's Chubby Sticks, but these work great as stain once the "balm" portion fade away. I prefer to use them as stain and just blot off the balm once I applied. Easy to apply, nice even colour application instead of the patchy one from the older Just Bitten stain (also less drying), twist up for convenience. Smitten and Crush are my two favorite shades.
    McJag likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm a tightwad so I get Miss Sporty or NYC Color Perfect Stay foundation for 3.50-ish. Both are made by the same company so when one isn't available I get the other. They seem to hold well, even on my notoriously fickle oily-but-dry skin, and haven't triggered a breakout in all the time I've been using them.

I have also just stocked up on Nivea Soft moisturiser. Another cheap and cheerful product (around 4.50 for 200ml) that is suitable for face/body/hands that has done wonders for my complexion without causing blocked pores or breakouts or causing my makeup to slide off. The only problem that I have with it is that my OH keeps stealing it to slap on his feet because it's better than the stuff he bought.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Body Fantasies Paradise Fantasy

This stuff smells YUMMY!! It seems to last longer than the other Body Fantasie fragrances, too.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Anyone here who still prefers wet shaving over waxing or creams should maybe try old fashioned solid shaving soap and a shaving brush instead of gel or foam. The Bloke prefers using a brush/soap so when I ran out of my shaving gel I ninja'd his stuff and was really surprised at how much better it was - a much closer shave. I'm going to keep using his stuff from now on.

ETA: After the initial outlay (for a reeeeeally good brush that won't fall apart) this is very, very economical. A block or tub of shaving soap can last up to 12 months and costs just a few quid. Compare that to the cost of a can of gel and how many you go through over the course of a year.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Clean and Clear Persa Gel 10. My hormones have been fucked the hell up for about a year or so and I have the skin of a zitty teenager so I get this thinking at least it would help shrink the huge zits I get right before my period. This stuff is awesome and dries up your oil slick face, gets rid of big zits in a day, and cleans up blackheads. I love this shit and its only $5 a tube.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Anyone here who still prefers wet shaving over waxing or creams should maybe try old fashioned solid shaving soap and a shaving brush instead of gel or foam. The Bloke prefers using a brush/soap so when I ran out of my shaving gel I ninja'd his stuff and was really surprised at how much better it was - a much closer shave. I'm going to keep using his stuff from now on.

ETA: After the initial outlay (for a reeeeeally good brush that won't fall apart) this is very, very economical. A block or tub of shaving soap can last up to 12 months and costs just a few quid. Compare that to the cost of a can of gel and how many you go through over the course of a year.
    I now use hair conditioner. Saw it on the internet and tried it. Works great. I'll never use shaving cream again.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Coconut oil. I use it as a deep conditioning hair mask, use a teensy bit on damp hair for frizzies, rub it on elbows, feet, use it on my face once or twice a week after exfoliating as a nightly moisturizer.
    Brookie likes this.

I use a touch of coconut oil on my heels. Works better than any lotion or cream I've ever had. My pedicurist seems to appreciate it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I now use hair conditioner. Saw it on the internet and tried it. Works great. I'll never use shaving cream again.
    I have tried that but even with a fresh head on the razor and lashings of moisturiser afterwards I still got the odd outbreak of razor rash (I've got very sensitive skin). So far with the brush/shaving soap I've been smooth and itchy blotch free.

Also (minor bitch) why is the shaving gel aimed at women always more expensive than the stuff branded for men?

Thread Information