Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

I've been using Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil on my face for a week and it's amazing. It's meant to even up skin tone, discolourations, fine lines (don't have any, only smile lines), etc. I have very fair sensitive skin and this seems to calm it down and give a glow to you. It moisturises beautifully and leaves your skin very supple and smooth. It hasn't made me break out at all and most reviews I've read say the same. I love it!!
    dallison and *Kat* like this.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

^You have me very intrigued! I'm not sure if that brand is carried here, but I looked up just rose hip oil and found this:

Here are some of the healing aspects rose hip oil is credited with for helping the skin:

Scars, including acne scars and old scars
    Dry eczema
    Skin burns, including sunburn
    Rehydrates dry skin
    Repair damaged skin cells of all sorts
    Reduce wrinkles
    Benefit for dry, mature, aging skin

I'm really interested in it for rehydrating the skin. I live in such a dry climate and dehydrated skin can make skin appear to have more fine lines than it actually does. Plus, if you have a skin condition (like acne), keeping your skin hydrated is important for your skin just healing itself.

Rose hips are very high in vitamin C hence the list of symptoms it releaves.
    Free Charmed.

SuriCruise, Thanks to you I went and looked up more information about Rosehip oil (I'd never heard of it before). I saw rave reviews on makeupalley and everywhere else. I ordered it immediately. A little about my skin; extremely dry and flaky. My makeup always looks caked on because of this, no matter how little I use. I never had problems with Acne, even through my teen years. I'm 22 now and everything changed around 6 months ago. I've had horrible breakouts and acne scarring in such a short period of time. I'm desperate to get rid of them. Can't wait till it gets here!

After reading this, I purchased a bottle of it at my local organic/health food/products store. Will report back on what it does for me. Thanks!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

1) Rio Rosa Mosqueta oil - I discovered and stocked up on this in the UK - fabulous stuff. Apparently, rosa mosqueta oil is nature's answer to Retin A.

2) Erbe Europea Olea Biocream - from the Erbe spa in NY - it has ozonated olive oil in it. Turned my skin around. Skin is well hydrated and clear now and recovered from Retin A overuse. No more red, irritated and flaky skin.

It's $150 a jar, lasts about 6 months but it's worth it. If you can find it (or another quality moisturizer with ozonated olive oil), get it. Best moisturizing cream I have ever used and I'm a skincare fanatic.

Glad to be of help! It's very moisurising. Put it on a night after cleansing your face. You can put a tiny bit on during the day under makeup, maybe mixed with your normal moisturiser. I tried this and couldn't wear much make-up but didn't need to. It seemed to actually make my undereye concealor look better. Overall, you just wake up looking refreshed and glowing. Hope you guys like it, post when you get it!
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Quote Originally Posted by SuriCruise View Post
    I've been using Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil on my face for a week and it's amazing. It's meant to even up skin tone, discolourations, fine lines (don't have any, only smile lines), etc. I have very fair sensitive skin and this seems to calm it down and give a glow to you. It moisturises beautifully and leaves your skin very supple and smooth. It hasn't made me break out at all and most reviews I've read say the same. I love it!!
    This sounds wonderful. I have a few scars from acne that I'd like to even out. I'm wondering though, since it seems to treat dry skin as well, would it be too oily for oily/combo skin? My skin tends to be on the oily side and I'm afraid it will make me break out.

I'm on my second evening of nothing but the rosehip oil on my face as an overnight moisturizer. So far, so good; my face feels very soft. I also ended up purchasing some chamomile oil and a bottle of shea oil (fragranced with sandalwood and rose), so I'm going to playing around with oils for a while.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

When you start looking into cleansers Brookie, try rose water (I buy mine in the cooking aisle). Yes it does have some alchol/preservative in it, but its the best cleanser that I've ever used.
    Brookie likes this.
    Free Charmed.

SillyMe, it should be fine for oily skin. My t-zone gets a bit oily and I find this okay. Just don't put it on in those areas during the day. It hasn't made me break out and most of the reviews I've read say the same. It's possible that it could but it's unlikely (it's non-comedogenic and not pore clogging). Still using it and liking it.

Anybody know anything to clear up blackheads / shrink large pores on the nose?

salicylic acid peels and retin a.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Okay, so I've been using the Trilogy Rosehip oil for 10 days now. It feels so good on my dry skin. There's no visible oiliness, my skin soaks it up in minutes. After using it overnight for a couple of days I started getting small bumps all over my cheeks and chin. But it lightened up my acne scars well. I did a little more research on it and found that it's best used AFTER the breakout has stopped and you're just left with acne scars. Using it during a break out will only make it worse. Unfortunately I was still breaking out when I started using it. Since then I've used it as a spot treatment for my scars and also under my eyes. And it's working out really well so far. I plan to start using it all over my face as soon as I stop breaking out.

Another product I discovered recently was the Monistat chafing relief powder gel as a face primer. I was looking for cheap primers since I'm on a really tight budget. I came across many reviews that claimed that this gel was comparable to Smashbox photo finish primer because they basically contained the same ingredients. It's around $6 for 1.5oz. It works amazing! I need a very small amount of product and it gives a silky powdery finish. My foundation and concealer glide on smoothly, and it does not settle into fine lines.

Quote Originally Posted by SuriCruise View Post
    SillyMe, it should be fine for oily skin. My t-zone gets a bit oily and I find this okay. Just don't put it on in those areas during the day. It hasn't made me break out and most of the reviews I've read say the same. It's possible that it could but it's unlikely (it's non-comedogenic and not pore clogging). Still using it and liking it.

Anybody know anything to clear up blackheads / shrink large pores on the nose?
    Great thanks! I think I'll be off to find some rosehip to add to my skin care regimen!

bite beauty high pigment matte pencils. specifically, zinfandel.

i tried one of these randomly at sephora during my lunch break because i saw the colour and immediately went oooh! pretty!
    it's basically a lipstick in a fat pencil. it's not truly 'matte' and i like that because true matte lipsticks feel weird and dry out my lips. this is kind of halfway between a cream and a matte, or a less shiny cream i guess. it's got a nice consistency.
    but the best thing about it is the colour. zinfandel is basically electric coral. i've been loving all the orange that's everywhere lately but as a pale blonde with cool undertones, it's very hard to find the right shade. well, this is it. it's very bright. perfect for summer. orange but flattering on me. love this.
    perfect summer make up - just add some liquid black eyeliner and a bit of mascara and you're good to go.
    zinfandel is the last one on the right:

review here: MAKEUP JUNKIE: Spring Beauty Review 2012: Bite Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencils
    http://callitbeauty.blogspot.com/201...r-brights.html

again, it's the one on the far right:
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information