Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

For a week now, Ive been dealing with a breakout of hives after using some cheap face powder. I found it when I ran out of foundation. I wish to god I never brought it because the hives just won't go away. New ones pop up.
    On top of the hives, now I have 'that time of the month' breakouts.
    Ran out of everything. Christmas left me broke til fuggin' hell I don't know when. Waiting til payday to try and find something affordable to help
    I even tried my teen kid's acne treatment to no avail.

Soo....

currently experiencing a fml moment.

help? *cries*

For hives I find Benadryl take orally works a million times better than anything put on them. Of course, it does knock me out.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

after seeing it on anne hathaway and having it identified by a poster on the board, i bought deborah lipmann nail polish in 'stop and stare' and i have finally found my perfect blue-red. it's a gorgeous, magenta-based jelly cream red. and the polish is great quality.

the pictures don't do it justice but to give you an idea:

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

That is seriously gorgeous. Is it available online too?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

pretty sure it is if you're in the US or canada. i didn't look into it because usually shipping to chile is so expensive it's never worth it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ooh! She has some pretty seriously awesome colors. Still, about $20 apiece though. This one is awesome, but I'm only brave enough to put it on my toes:

I love this one too:

Hit Me With Your Best Shot
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

^^
    yeah, i paid 16$ for it in new york and the only reason i paid that much is because it's a red, and i know i will wear it often. i wouldn't pay that much for a trendy colour or a super sparkly one that i might get tired of or only wear on special occasions.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer

It is completely awesome. I don't normally buy Lauder makeup - it's more of an old school brand and I associate it with my grandmothers - but this was really highly recommended at makeupalley, and I wanted a change from my usual Laura Mercier. It comes in about 8 colors, stays on all day even on my oil slick skin. Great stuff.

And I got a free gift, that came with a really excellent mascara- Sumptuous. I may buy this full size.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'm loving NYX cosmetics right now. Budget makeup with good quality.

I recommend NYX Megashine Lipglosses, already have 4 of them,they are very pigmented & feel like liquid lipstick. Kinda like MAC Lipglass. If you're looking for a cheaper MAC lipglass dupe,NYX Megashine will be the one.Couple of swatches:

Pictures courtesy of : Makeup Geek | Tips, Video Tutorials, Reviews, and more!

Also NYX cream blush:

Pics from: make{up} me happy!: NYX cream blush swatches!
    Great consistency,minimum shimmer, last for hours. Very recommended.
    **Say Auf Wiedersehen to your NAZI Balls**

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer

It is completely awesome. I don't normally buy Lauder makeup - it's more of an old school brand and I associate it with my grandmothers - but this was really highly recommended at makeupalley, and I wanted a change from my usual Laura Mercier. It comes in about 8 colors, stays on all day even on my oil slick skin. Great stuff.
    re: estée lauder, i find they've improved a lot over the past few years. i always pretty much ignored their counter in department stores but in the past year i've bought 3 lipsticks from them, the hot pink i recommended upthread, a really awesome cherry red from the same line, and a red lip gloss:

Estee Lauder pure color lip gloss in 'wet cranberry'. it's one of those reds that flatter almost everyone, and it's pretty much the best lipgloss i've ever owned, almost like a lip stain and gloss in one. serious staying power.

http://beautyswatch.com/2011/02/este...wet-cranberry/
    (it looks weirdly orange on the girl wearing it, in reality it's a lot closer to the swatch)

and the cherry red lipstick is estée lauder pure color #74 in cherry passion. the creme (pretty sure there's a shimmer version with the same name). it's the perfect deep blue red/maraschino cherry.
    this guy loves it : dustyohunter: makeup and rock & roll » Estée Lauder Cherry Passion Lipstick

@sputnik, I love Estee's lipstick. It's soo moisturizing & I love their range of colors. I do love fine shimmers in my lips. The colors I love are Silk Sari & crystal coral.
    **Say Auf Wiedersehen to your NAZI Balls**

agree. both the gloss and the cremes have an awesome consistency and they're very moisturising. and good staying power for cremes too.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick -- I need this in order to live. The only lip balm that works for me.

Lancôme and Loreal are owned by the same company. Also owns Ralph Lauren and a slew of others that I don't quite remember. My husband's old boss's wife was/is their VP and has the most exotic life ... constantly traveling to places all over the world. She used to get me 50% off beauty products (at the time, I was a hardcore Lancôme user). I think I cried when hubby's boss retired.

I have very fair, very sensitive, very dry skin. It sucks. I've tried so many different skincare products and I still haven't found "the one" yet. Right now, I was talked into Sephora's new line (under eye, serum, moisturizer and night cream) but it's still not enough moisture. It might be okay during the summer though. I used to use Lancome's Absolue line (which I think has recently trickled down to Loreal) but I was always looking for something more brightening. I tried Philosophy's line once (Hope in a Jar and all that stuff). It felt fabulous the first time I used it, then I woke up with hives the next morning. Took it back to Sephora and found out that Philosophy uses a lot of marine by products (oil and stuff) ... I'm allergic to seafood, so I was told to stay away from Philosophy. It took me a good two weeks to get over the reaction.

I love, love, love Urban Decay. The colors and products are so ... different. I also love Fresh's products ... particularly their lip sugar treatment in Plum. My lips feel so soft and the sheer color looks so good with my cool skin tone. If I don't wear makeup one day, the plum shade still looks good. I also love Fresh's strawberry facial scrub/mask ... smells good and really gets rid of the dead, dry skin on my face. I adore Givenchy's Phenomenal mascara. It's got a little ball on the end instead of a traditional brush and it covers every nook and cranny. Pricey but I love it. I used to use Benefit's Bo-ing concealer (with no foundation but a light dusting of powder) until I discovered IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye. It needs to be applied with a concealer brush instead of fingers (but use finger to set after applying with brush) which took a while to get used to. I have horrible under eye circles and IT's concealer is amazing. I also use it around my nose to cover redness. It truly is amazing.

I am a makeup whore.

I wanted to recommend a product I got last week. I wasn't familiar with the brand, got it as a gift. It is called -417 aromatic body butter. I usually have a very dry skin and my skin felt silky soft after using it and the scent was so nice I didn't wear a perfume after applying the cream. I got the ocean scent. I think they are new on the market.
    http://www.minus417.com/

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information