Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Products you cannot live without?

My skin can be a bit of a problem for me sometimes if I don't exfoliate and moisturise regularly, it gets all rough and dry. But I have just tried some Dove products and my skin is the softest it has been in my LIFE. It's worked miracles!

I use Dove Cream Oil Body Wash, in the Cherry Blossom and Almond scent. It comes in a Cocoa butter version too which I'm going to try after I've run out of this.

Then I use Dove Silk Glow Beauty Body Lotion:

Highly recommend them both! In the UK it's pretty cheap, right now it's discounted in Boots to about 1.10 for the body wash and 3.42 for the lotion.
    Last edited by levitt; April 12th, 2009 at 02:25 PM.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I think it's actually 'Soap & Glory' (they make 'Sexy Motherpucker Lip Plump Gloss', so possibly southernbelle got confused).

Soap & Glory Trick and Treatment Under Eye Dark Circle Concealer - .23 oz. : Target

Thanks. I've actually seen that product line at Target.

Best moisturiser hands down I've used to date! It's for babies but it works amazingly, I can't stress it enough. I am prone to really dry skin and this softens it up after just one use. Brilliant.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

mineral concealer + a little powder on the nose tip,mascara(not fussy about the brand as long as it not to cheap)

thats all i need basically

MAC foundation and concealers and powder

its the only range where i can find a perfect match for my skincolour
    I also use rimmel clear plumping lip gloss and boots natural collection mascara.
    i don't like to wear lots o makeup.
    I'm into DIY natural beauty home remedies... some of my favourites are -coconut milk as a deep conditioner
    - olive oil + eggs as a protein conditioner
    - baking soda for whiter teeth
    - castor oil for thicker eyelashes
    - coconut oil can work really well as a hair sealent
    - apple cider vingear is a really good for rinsing hair with because it is controls porosity

Silver Member

Retin-A and excellent high UVA protection sunscreen. Everything else is negotiable and I usually go for whatever is cheapest.

Whipped foundation. I get the one from Maybelline. OMG, best thing ever for my skin texture. Not too oily (like regular foundation can get), and not too thick like a powder. I set it in with a micro-minerals powder. It looks natural, yet it also looks...idk "done" if you know what I mean. My skin is very smooth, but you can't tell I have makeup on.

Oh, and also, cocoa butter. Loooove it. I apply it every night.

Used it consistently for many, many years. Has yet to let me down. The key is gentle, not excoriating pressure when using.

Cherry carmex. Works great with my lips and smells good.

Herbel Essences Curl Shampoo.

And this baby:

I love this perfume. It's not strong or musky.
    A woman has the age she deserves.
    -Coco Chanel

I love Herbal Essence's new Hydralicious line. I use the volumizing shampoo and conditioner. It leaves my hair silky soft without weighing it down (do I sound like a commercial?) and it has a great scent.

This is the greatest mascara I have ever used. I constantly get compliments on how long my lashes are (which is hilarious to me because I have practically non-existant lashes without mascara).

I'm totally addicted to MAC lipstick in Brave. It's a great day time color and it lasts a really long time. In all fairness, it does feel dry on my lips but I consider that a small price to pay for the long lasting effect:

After going back and forth with multiple department store foundations (none of which I was happy with), I decided to try a cheap foundation. I will never look back. Covergirl True Blend is my perfect shade. It goes on smoothly and doesn't make me oily by the end of the day. It provides the perfect sheer coverage:

I'm still looking for the perfect concealer. I have tried tons of different types but have yet to find one that covers my under eye circles and lasts throughout the day. If you know of any good ones I'd love to hear about them.
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    I use Aveeno body cream. It is a blessing and prevents me from going crazy... I have eczema and this is the only cream that will stop the itching.

I'm going to have to try it! I have horrible eczema (just started a few months ago but has become really bad because of the warm weather). I woke up this morning and my finger was so swollen I couldn't even bend it all the way. The itching drives me nuts!! I've been using Aquaphor (the healing ointment because I can't find the regular) because that is what was recommended to me but it isn't helping. The Eucerin original formula works better but I'm still looking for something that works well.
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information