Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Perfume/Cologne -- how much to use?

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I agree with Angel, a tiny tiny tiny bit goes a very long way. Just to be safe I use it only in winter and make sure I have plenty of time to let it settle before I go out.

With most of my other perfumes I do a spray and naked walk through, then touch whatever is left on the sprayer to my wrists.

My favorites right now are Issey Miyake's Drop of Cloud and Theirry Mugler's Innocent Illusion. I save my Armani Code, Issey Miyake and Angel for winter.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

ugh. angel smells like candied ass.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It really depends on the person wearing it. Some people it smells like way too much patchouli, it kind of smells like fresh baked cookies on me.

The reviews on makeup alley are fucking hilarious; either people are totally in love or they're saying it smells like ass and they almost threw up and it started to stink worse throughout the day. It is definitely a love/hate thing.

i hate angel. on anyone. and even if you just sniff it on a piece of paper. but i have a deep-rooted hatred of any sweet smelling perfumes. i love the smell of cookies - on cookies. not on skin. i hate any beauty product that smells like food. whether it's any kind of fruit (especially coconut) or vanilla or cinnamon or that sugary crap smell that angel and lolita perfumes have. they make my head itch on the inside.
    angel and lolita are no.1 and no.2 on my list of stinkiest perfumes evar.
    Last edited by sputnik; April 26th, 2010 at 11:29 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I just found this Angel Perfume is DANGEROUS

not surprised. that shit smells so bad it has to be bad for you.

This may be unpopular, but I think any kind of cologne or perfume is only appropriate when you're going out in the evening. Why would anyone need it in the office, for instance? Get outta here with that smelly shit -- if soap and deoderant (and maybe a light, scented moisturizer at the very MOST) is not enough for you during the work day, then something's wrong with you.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

it's not about it not being 'enough' - no one needs to wear perfume, ever. that doesn't you shouldn't if you want to. the key is wearing a small amount so you can only smell it if you get really close to the person.
    for me it's just a part of my routine, i don't even think about it anymore. i don't need to wear make up either but i like to. i like to go to work and have my eyes done and lips glossed and smell nice.
    you may not like it and that's fine but 'inappropriate'? seriously? if it's some strong musky shit maybe but everyone benefits from smelling nice, men and women. i like smelling a nice, clean smelling cologne on men.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I always spray cologne into the air and walk thru it. Seems to be about the right amount for me.
    Me too.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    not surprised. that shit smells so bad it has to be bad for you.
    I figured you would say as much. I thought, now that is someone who really does not like Angel. The MSDS's gave me a chuckle.

i have a physical and psychological aversion to 'angel'. i just don't understand why it was so popular. who wants to smell like sugared anus?

i have a physical and psychological aversion to 'angel'. i just don't understand why it was so popular. who wants to smell like sugared anus?
    Seriously stop! I can't stop laughing at your descriptive. I personally do not get the sugared anus note; scent is a very personal thing. I think someone bathed in it and you were locked trapped in an elevator. I once went out with a man and it was obvious he was wearing Angel and too much of it and it was not his scent. I just about passed out at dinner. So now you've got me sniffing all my perfumes; regular Issey Miyake kind of smells like what I imagine a corpse flower to smell like and the smell of Drop of Cloud makes me mildly thirsty. I need to stop smelling all this stuff because I'm giving myself a headache.

it's not about it not being 'enough' - no one needs to wear perfume, ever. that doesn't you shouldn't if you want to. the key is wearing a small amount so you can only smell it if you get really close to the person.
    for me it's just a part of my routine, i don't even think about it anymore. i don't need to wear make up either but i like to. i like to go to work and have my eyes done and lips glossed and smell nice.
    you may not like it and that's fine but 'inappropriate'? seriously? if it's some strong musky shit maybe but everyone benefits from smelling nice, men and women. i like smelling a nice, clean smelling cologne on men.
    Agree to disagree, then. I don't like smelling artificial scents on people no matter what the particular scent, when I have to be around them all day.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Any scent I use, and I use daily, I bathe in. I wear a lot because I love perfume. More is better! I adore perfume!!

I currently wear Evening in Paris. I always run through a bottle before I get my next one. I am due to switch soon!

Now I can say that cheap perfume should not be bathed in, or purchased. I will buy body sprays sometimes (cheap) and use as air freshner.

And if you have to wear cheap shit, for economic reasons, just use a little so only you can smell it.

ETA I bathe regularly and do not drench myslef in perfume to hide odor, I just love perfume!

Quote Originally Posted by baked_tater View Post
    Any scent I use, and I use daily, I bathe in. I wear a lot because I love perfume. More is better! I adore perfume!!

I currently wear Evening in Paris. I always run through a bottle before I get my next one. I am due to switch soon!

Now I can say that cheap perfume should not be bathed in, or purchased. I will buy body sprays sometimes (cheap) and use as air freshner.

And if you have to wear cheap shit, for economic reasons, just use a little so only you can smell it.

ETA I bathe regularly and do not drench myslef in perfume to hide odor, I just love perfume!
    Ummm-were you in a restaurant in Dallas last week??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information