Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Razor recommendations?

Maybe the people who can use those disposables have finer hair. I have to shave my legs every single day and my hair is on the coarse side. I know what you mean, NoDay, those daisy's can make you bleed.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Elite Member

I started using conditioner instead of shave gel (or actually, instead of soap or shower gel since I'm cheap) a few years ago and it really does work as well or better. I always run out of shampoo faster than conditioner but like to buy my Costco size bottles at the same time, so this helps even them out too.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I've been using the Schick Intuition for years now, probably almost 10, but the refills are so damned expensive that I've been looking for other options. I bought the Schick Hydro Silk last week at Target and used it this morning for the first time and got uncomfortable razorburn in my underarms and some nasty cuts in my bikini line (and I haven't cut myself shaving in YEARS), although my legs feel pretty good.

Anyone have any good razor recommendations? After that I just want to suck it up and pay the price for the Intuition refills, but $20 for 3 cartridges is crazy.
    I just bought that same razor and had burn from hell on my legs and bikini line, my armpits were fine. I was really surprised that it gave me razorburn, since I have the Schick Hydro for men and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Maybe the people who can use those disposables have finer hair.

You may have a point my hair is pretty fine other than a few rough patches.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I'm a Venus user. For me it's the best razor I ever used. Very close and safe shave.

Who remembers this one?! Go on, age yourself!

I remember it!

I have been doing laser hair removal which drastically reduced the hair on my legs but I haven't completed my treatments and there are still some patches of hair I need to shave. I've taken to using my husband's disposable Schick Extreme 3. They have the moisturizing gel strip, 3 blades and most importantly, the blades and cartridge thingy are flexible (not pivoting but flexible) which is what I really need for places like knees, behind the knees and underarms. I don't understand why they don't use the same flexible style on women's razors. And I don't mean those pivoting head things, which don't do shit. Those--I tried all the Venus kinds--actually left me with stubble, I hate them.

*just googled and apparently they have a women's version of the same Schick Extreme 3 razor. Duh me.

Omg flickers! I forgot about those! What a blast from the past!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I remember it!

I have been doing laser hair removal which drastically reduced the hair on my legs but I haven't completed my treatments and there are still some patches of hair I need to shave. I've taken to using my husband's disposable Schick Extreme 3. They have the moisturizing gel strip, 3 blades and most importantly, the blades and cartridge thingy are flexible (not pivoting but flexible) which is what I really need for places like knees, behind the knees and underarms. I don't understand why they don't use the same flexible style on women's razors. And I don't mean those pivoting head things, which don't do shit. Those--I tried all the Venus kinds--actually left me with stubble, I hate them.

*just googled and apparently they have a women's version of the same Schick Extreme 3 razor. Duh me.
    I just ordered 2 8 packs of the ladies one at amazon for $22.00... damn you! I'll let y'all know how it works!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I caved. I went and bought a new Intuition razor and some refills (but bonus! Target had a deal if you buy 2 Schick items you get a $5 gift card!). My underarms are already way happier with me.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I used one of my SO's spare razors several years ago and never went back to using the ones that are typically marketed to women. He uses the Gillette Fusion and it's the best. We buy the refills at Costco and they're pretty expensive but really good.
    I do the same. I got a spare handle to match the Bloke's Gillette razor and use the heads that he feels are past their best for shaving his face with. They're still plenty sharp enough to do my legs and underarms with.

One thing I won't ever, ever use is Bic Sensitive disposables. I used one in an emergency (left my usual razor at the BF's and was getting ready to go out) and ended up with the worst razor rash ever and covered in cuts. My poor legs looked like I'd tried to walk through barbed wire.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I use men's razors too. Gillette sensor 3 disposables. They work very well for me.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information