Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried Bare Escentuals?

I'm jealous! (I wish it worked for me.)

FYI, QVC is having a special to celebrate the anniversary of easy pay. Anything you buy from the website today is available for 5 easy pays, you can pick up a lot of stuff and make the payments more manageable. I got 3 eyeshadow kits for 5 $20 payments.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Ok.. I got mine few days ago.. and I'm not sure... hm.. it feels good on my skin, it feels good to the touch- but I have a feeling it doesn't cover very well... My blemishes are visible like I have nothing on... I think L'Oreal covers better... Am I doing something wrong? Is my application method not good or something? HELP!
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

You have to buff it in. They do such a crappy job in the video that comes with the kit.

Here is how I do it, since I have some funky acne half the time. I use my blemish brush, dip it in the container lightly, the tap it in the lid. Then I will brush little bits on the red spots or blemishes as needed, making sure after swiping it on to go back and forth quickly over the area, buffing.

Then I take the buki brush, dip it in just a bit, then tap and get the product up into the brush using the lid, the work in circles all over. Then I do this again, as much as necesarry...just use a little at a time. Also, when you buff do it hard. You can't just sweep it over all ladylike like they show in the video.

There is a link out there to someone who had the best example with photos of how to do it. I'll see if I can find it and post it here...but until I read and saw that I had trouble with it being too powdery and not covering right.

HTH

So you do use just a tiny bit? Is it true that it takes some time (like few minutes) for minerals to "do their thing" and then you actually see the 'results' ? I saw few videos on youtube, but those girls already have flawless skin with no blemishes, of course its going to look good! If you could find that link, I would really appreciate it!

You use a small amount. On the blemish brush, if I have a bad one to deal with, I will throw some more on it. The important part is buffing it into the skin.

It doesn't take time for me to see stuff being covered up and evening out. If it doesn't look right, just take a teensy bit more, and buff. Start out with a little, and you can just keep adding as you need to. After a bit you'll figure out how much you need to start with.

I am having difficulty finding the link, with the glut of stuff all over about mineral make-up now.

Ok, I will try that.. Maybe even now... I don't really like wasting (expensive) makeup, but I do have to practice...
    Thank You!

I watched the DVD that comes with the starter kit. It isn't quite as easy as they make it out to be. I lost some powder when I was trying to tap a little into the lid. A lot came out in a big clump, then got everywhere! But I'm getting better. It does take practise.

It looks great though! I love the liquid skin reverer upper. I put that on morning and evening. And the Warmth is fantastic. I thought it would be way to dark for me, but you just use a little and your skin glows.

I didn't know about buffing "hard" Flak. I'll have to try that.

I've tried a low end mineral make-up and I like it, but I have the WORST time trying to find foundations that are fair enough for me. Everything is too dark or too yellow and makes it look too dark on me. I'm temped to try BE, but the starter kit doesn't feature the lightest shade they make, so I'd probably have to just go with getting the lightest shade alone without the brushes and all that other stuff they throw in to make you feel like you're getting a deal.

Is anyone else here super pale or use the lightest shade? I hate to shell out the $$$ for this and it be too damn dark, even if I can return it. I'd sample first, but the closest Sephora to me is an hour and a half drive one way.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^^The starter kit includes Light and Fairly Light. The Fairly Light is too dark for me though. I didn't know they had a lighter shade than Light. I'll have to get some to use as concealer.

According to their website, their lightest shade is Fair and it's not included in the starter kit. I guess most of the population isn't ghostly, though.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    Wow, No Day, that's very impressive. I'm sold too. Your skin looks flawless.
    Ditto! I think I am about to be converted! Seriously, the difference between those two pictures is very visible yet it looks like you are wearing no make up at all! That truly is impressive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    According to their website, their lightest shade is Fair and it's not included in the starter kit. I guess most of the population isn't ghostly, though.
    This would be a problem for me...with regular foundations the lightest I've ever seen is Ivory and even that is too dark for me...

Heh, I am in the ghostly white minority Laurent!

Anywho, for me...my skin isn't too bad. Like I am just very, very pale and so what happens that annoys me is like when I get too hot (like when I am outside or something) my whole face, but mainly my cheeks get insanely red and it just is not very flattering and I just hate it. My skin also gets very oily too and I have pretty dark under eye circles (due to lack of sleep/stress most likely...) and most of the time I am very self conscious about my skin and like many say sometimes wearing foundation can feel like you are wearing a mask and that isn't fun!

I like what I am hearing so far about this stuff...I've watched the infomercials and it seems like it might be worth a try! Like, with regular foundation it just wears off quickly and doesn't really cover up my under eye circles like I would like...

I think as soon as I get payed I might have to seriously consider getting my hands on this!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

If you go through bareminerals.com (same company's site, that's what they do the starter kit through though b/c of the TV offer) you can get a starter kit with fair. I know you can b/c my kit was fair and fairly light-they give you 2 different foundation colors in the starter kits.

Gold Member

I use the L'Oreal kind and I love it. I have oily skin, so this helps out and it doesn't make my skin feel like it can't breathe.

I too like the L'Oreal. It isn't as sparkly as the BM.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information