Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried Bare Escentuals?

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    My friend didn't like it either. I don't know how old you are McJag, but my gf is 35. She said it got stuck in her fine lines and excentuated her pores. She thought she was too old for the stuff, lol. I haven't tried it though, because of her experience. I'm old too!
    Mother won't tell me how old I am on the grounds it will date her! lol
    That wasn't the problem with me at all-it was going from LACK of coverage to mask like. I am going to have to work with it again & see if I can improve my trust level of it. Everyone else has!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Well, I went to the boutique today to check them out, found out they didn't carry the starter kit in store with my foundation shade (but the bigger, $15 cheaper online one does). So, I took all the info about the shades she used on me that I loved home with me and just dropped roughly $130 on Bare Escentuals stuff (well, 95 now, another 30 next month). I bought the $60 kit from the website, and then bought the concealer, blush, and 2 extra brushes on Ebay (Ebay is the best thing ever, I only spent $50 for those 4 things, woulda been at least $80 at the store). I really do love the stuff, I thought I looked really fabulous afterwards, I can't wait to get my makeup

I think this thread is making a convert out of me. I had a chance to buy the starter kit for $60 and didn't do it, so now I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pay more. The Alima stuff SVZ mentioned sounds good, too.

PB, be careful if you have sensitive skin though, since BE has that Bismuth Oxychloride that SVC mentioned. Maybe try one of the others that SVC talked about. (I have been using Laremin, but have ordered some samples of Alima.)

My skin isn't overly sensitive, but I do have mild rosacea and wouldn't want to irritate it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Mother won't tell me how old I am on the grounds it will date her! lol
    That wasn't the problem with me at all-it was going from LACK of coverage to mask like. I am going to have to work with it again & see if I can improve my trust level of it. Everyone else has!
    Hehehee. That's funny because my siblings and I aren't sure of exactly how old my mother is. I've never known. I can only guess, lol.

I'm going to buy a kit too. There's a seller on Ebay who has a lot of positve reviews. I will report back!

Got all my stuff today and I love it. I've already got my eye on some eye stuff.

I just wanted to post these. This is my first attempt at doing the makeup. On the eyes I just did a kit of browns, nothing fun and exciting yet, I was just getting used to the blending.

Before (breakout and all...)

After

You look like you're a pro already! It doesn't even look like you have m/u on! Great job! What a cutie.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I really prefer my makeup on my face to look very natural, sometimes I'll go wild with the eyes though. The flash on the camera kind of muted some of it though, I'm wearing a bit of blush, but it either isn't as much as I thought I put on or it didn't show up well in the picture.

I got my starter kit two weeks ago, and I love my new makeup. It covers up the rosacea and evens up my skin tone. I only buff one time, because I don't like to feel like my make up is caked on. Plus, I want to make the foundations last as long as possible.

My only complaint is that the Mineral Veil itches when I get hot. But aside from that, the Mineral Veil is a great product because it covers up my oily spots and I only have to touch up once, no more than twice a day. When I used my MAC Blot powder, I probably touched up 3 or 4 times a day.

^^I'm sold. I'm going to get some. If it works for rosacea, I'm in.

I love mine too. I am only using the warmth right now though. I have Jergens self tan stuff for my face. When I brush on a little of the warmth over my cheecks, nose and forehead I look like I just spent a day at the beach. No one would ever guess that I'm pale as hell underneath. I'm a sunscreen freak, but I don't want to look like a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    ^^I'm sold. I'm going to get some. If it works for rosacea, I'm in.
    It will cover it up and even up your skin tone. You may want to use a primer underneath, or if you're going the Bare Escentuals route, you could use a product called Well Rested underneath.

Wow, No Day, that's very impressive. I'm sold too. Your skin looks flawless.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information