Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried Bare Escentuals?

My skin actually "burned" and got red. I tried it a couple of times and I had the same reaction. I have oily, but very sensitive skin. (I have rosacea.) I was really sad it didn't work for me. I have found another mineral makeup to use and I don't react to that one.

SVZ

It was probably the Bismuth Oxychloride, a lot of people react to it

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    It was probably the Bismuth Oxychloride, a lot of people react to it
    That could be it! The makeup I use now does not contain that.

(You are a super sleuth!)

Default Svz

Is this the makeup you got for your mom?
    Is she liking it?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Is this the makeup you got for your mom?
    Is she liking it?
    I got her this Mineral Makeup | Mineral Cosmetics from Alima Cosmetics

from Alima cosmetics the satin matte foundation because her skin is a bit oily

and also the April's Mix finishing powder from

Natural mineral based powder cosmetics and skincare. - Foundation & Setting

Pure Luxe cosmetics.

She likes the Alima, though was using too much before so it looked cakey so she only uses it only special nights out. However she's using the April's Mix everyday! Whatever it is in it is really amazing, it makes her skin glow without being shiny...it has sparkles in it I guess but it's not noticeable at all.

A customer creation! A blend of correctors, bronzers, radiance, and Glow powder... this beautiful finishing powder will amaze you! Lends an all-over healthy glow and soft shimmer to your skin. The color in the jar is an apricot/clay. A Pure Luxe BEST SELLER!

OK-I gotta tell you I hate it. I just can't get the hang of it or something. And it feels funny-I can't describe it.It is either too light-doesn't cover a whick or MAJOR makeup-don't need that. Sounds like I am in the minority here-but doesn't work for me.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    OK-I gotta tell you I hate it. I just can't get the hang of it or something. And it feels funny-I can't describe it.It is either too light-doesn't cover a whick or MAJOR makeup-don't need that. Sounds like I am in the minority here-but doesn't work for me.
    My friend didn't like it either. I don't know how old you are McJag, but my gf is 35. She said it got stuck in her fine lines and excentuated her pores. She thought she was too old for the stuff, lol. I haven't tried it though, because of her experience. I'm old too!

Oh and SVZ we just rented Diggers with Paul Rudd. There's one scene where he's in his tighty whiteys, except they're red. Ooooh la la.

Well you guys, it took me along time to figure out how to use it. I have the bloodiest red cheeks you've ever seen. I have finally figured out how to cover them with my bare esen. I could make you an offer for the foundation. I don't need anything but the foundation, medium. PM me if interested!
    I am down to my last few grains of makeup, and have been mixing a cheap L'Oreal mineral makeup with my B.E. It seems to be working very well. Not as shiney. But, the cheap stuff does not last as long.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I think I'm going to go to Sephora tomorrow to check it out. I've been sitting here with the starter kit in my "shopping cart" for sephora.com for awhile now, but I'm refusing to throw down $60 for a bunch of makeup I'm not even sure I'll like-especially with all the mixed reviews. I know I'm looking for something light and easy, minimum amount of steps/work to a finished face, it LOOKS like the bare minerals kit would do that, but who knows?

My 16 yrold daughter loves it. She looks like a fucking model with airbrushing when she has it on. beautiful.

I am 46 and I absolutely love, love it. I bought it form QVC which is actually cheaper than the BE website. The starter kit is $49.00 including shipping and you just go to QVC website. Just ordered it for my Mom because she wanted to know why my skin looked so good and glows.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me.it only means the night is coming.

^^Good to know. I'll have to try it for myself. Maybe she couldn't apply it correctly.

^ It's cheaper, but you don't get all 3 brushes with it, you only get 1. I still bookmarked it for myself since the other products on there seemed to be a bit cheaper than the website.

You bet I tried it! It's an excellent product line. (You saw the infomercial didn't you!) The make-up looks very natural, wears well and requires virtually no reapplication.
    I do have my doubts about it being "so pure you can sleep in it", since the powders are buildable. Besides, that whole idea sounds eerily.... unhygienic.
    Anyway, I recommend it. Give it a shot.

Bronze Member

I use it and love it. But if you use to much it will not look good. You really have to do a little at a time, also deonds whihc brush you use to apply it. And if you get it on QVC in one of the Today Special Values..which is coming up June 16th. You really get a better deal then getting the drugstore kind because it lasts forever! If you go to QVC and put in this #A72961 that will be the TSV on June 16th. Plus you have a 30 day money back guarentee if you don't like it. HTH!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information