Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Drug Store Mascaras?

I like Lash Stiletto by Maybelline. I don't need volume since I have thick lashes, but they aren't terribly long and this really adds length to mine.

Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I have stick straight lashes. I heat the lash curler up with my blow dryer and clamp the thing down for about 10 seconds. I have to do it twice for each eye for the curl too stay all day.
    How long do you point the blow dryer at the curler? I've heard this tip before but I've always been scared I might burn my eyelid.

I swear by Maybelline's Lash Discovery. I have these short, thin, stick straight Asian eyelashes and this mascara does wonders for me.
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    ^^define-a-lash. i like that one too, nov.
    Thanks Ang, I don't normally care just sonlong as it's the sane brand & on sale, but I can see that I need to take notes as some of the types in this thread will work better for me I think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    How long do you point the blow dryer at the curler? I've heard this tip before but I've always been scared I might burn my eyelid.
    I bought a cheapy electric heated eyelash curler & it's really good. Now, I got mine from Aldi so that probably won't work for you but Target or Walmart/CVS/etc might do them....
    Free Charmed.

It doesn't need to be real hot . Just like 5 to 8 seconds on high heat. You kind of get the hang of it. If your worried, lightly touch it to your lip area. If it's too hot there, it will be too hot for your eye area.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Another vote for Lashblast. Most stuff from Maybelline is good, in my experience. I'm a big fan of Full n Soft and Lashblast. Other brands tend to flake off eventually during the day.
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I read the thread title as Drug Store Massacres. How do you choose a favourite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    If we want to discuss drug store massacres, can we?

definately

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I bought a cheapy electric heated eyelash curler & it's really good. Now, I got mine from Aldi so that probably won't work for you but Target or Walmart/CVS/etc might do them....
    I'll look around and see if we might have those around here. Thanks, Nov!

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    It doesn't need to be real hot . Just like 5 to 8 seconds on high heat. You kind of get the hang of it. If your worried, lightly touch it to your lip area. If it's too hot there, it will be too hot for your eye area.
    Ok, I'm going to try it and see, because my lashes will not hold a curl. Thanks!

Oh, and to everyone recommending LashBlast, I agree that it's definitely a good mascara. I used it for a while during one of the many times I strayed from Voluminous. It's about a dollar and a half more expensive than Voluminous and I tended to run out of it sooner, though.

Here you go... A lot more than I paid for mine though, I think I paid a fiver ().

Buy Blinc Heated Lash Curler online at CVS.com
    Free Charmed.

Thanks, I'll look at my CVS tomorrow and see if they have one. It looks like it might take some practice - I can't tell from the pic how exactly to use it!

You just use it like a brush & brush your lashes upwards & away from your eye... The bit between the combs is/are heated.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by frecklered View Post
    Another vote for Lashblast. Most stuff from Maybelline is good, in my experience. I'm a big fan of Full n Soft and Lashblast. Other brands tend to flake off eventually during the day.

I *love* Full n Soft by Maybelline, it really does have a soft finish, it enhances what you've got but still looks natural, with no clumpy stiff lashes. My lashes are okay, not too sparse but not especially long or thick so I use the L'Oreal Voluminous over that if I really want a more dramatic look.

i still miss maybelline's lash-by-lash that i wore in high school...dark indigo, transparent-looking tube. i like the mascras that make my lashes look whispy & separated. thick, clumped-looking lashes creep me out.

mascara is my absolute favorite makeup item.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    Hands down, L'Oreal Voluminous. My girlfriend who works at MAC Cosmetics says that not only do all the girls at MAC wear that mascara, but the girls in the nearby counters like Estee Lauder, Clinique swear by it too. So cheap and so effective.
    Me too! And I've probably used Voluminous for 20 years now - or close to that! It never fails me, I'm constantly asked if lashes are fake or real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Ditto. I love it. It's got an awesome brush. The only thing I wish it did was hold a curl better, but it's not marketed for that. I'll sometimes use a curling mascara (right now it's Rimmel Sexy Curves) under it to hold the curl, but then I put Voluminous on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thighs View Post
    I have been hearing good things about voluminous..I think I'll check it out while Ulta has a sale $5 for any L'oreal mascara

Which Voluminous is better original or carbon black?

also has anyone tried the million lashes?
    I'm currently using the million lashes one in that gold tube and it too is awesome!

I have never had any trouble with flaking or smudging or anything like that. Mascara is the one thing I put on everyday before going to work and I must have my Voluminous!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^ i love the million lashes one, too. it's the best mascara i've ever used.

i also have the maxfactor false lashes and it sucks. it makes your lashes clumpy after two coats and you definitely need two coats with this one.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information