Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake tan

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    ^^ mine too! If I am cold, you can see all of the red/purple veins everywhere. Its like a map to my cardiovascular system, lol. You can see through my skin!

I gave up tanning beds years ago, when I got skin cancer at age 19, but I still do the sunless tanners. Mostly because I get sick of being picked on.
    My veins are blue. Must mean I have blue blood .

I've never been picked on because of it, but people do make comments on my skin during the summer when eveyone desperately tries to get a tan and I do everything I can to avoid getting a tan. I like my vampire skin.

fgg

i'll get a spray tan if i have an event or i'm going on a vacation where i'll be in a bathingsuit. otherwise, i just go with however light or dark i happen to be at the time.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

meh embrace the pale. I used to get all sorts of teasing for being "too white". I really don't mean to be racist towards Oompa Loompas but I'd much rather be white than orange.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

^^ i love pale skin on others, too, but not on myself. plus, when i get a natural tan it looks orangey, anyway. when i came home from vacation the last time, my friend asked me if i used a little too much fake tan...

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    It won't last that long, Stef! Give it a try.
    i just bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    this is the best self tanner I've found to date. And I am a self proclaimed expert. I am the whitest person in the world

Flash Bronzer Oil-Free Tinted Self-Tanning Face Lotion - Self tan by Lancome
    it sounds great, but i can't afford lancôme.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Elite Member

I love the Clairin's sunless tanner. Exfoliate first, then apply moisturizer. After that has soaked in mix the tanner and moisturizer and apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    meh embrace the pale. I used to get all sorts of teasing for being "too white".
    Same, once I stopped tanning in my late teens I'd sit on the beach in floppy hat and long sleeved cheesecloth, and I was the first person I knew to start wearing rashies when I swam. All my friends would laugh at me as they toasted. Now, the worst offender of them has had 2 facial surgeries along with countless sunspot removals, and she uses me as an example to her daughters of how to look after your skin and "don't do what mum did".
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm so pale that I could rent myself out as a dead body to tv crime shows. I don't want something that makes me look well tanned, just something to give me a hint of a healthy glow so I don't look like I've just been dragged out of a river by a corpse recovery team
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

My favorite self tanner is by Shiseido. I shower at night and exfoliate all over. I put it on almost immediately after getting out of the shower. I wait about an hour before going to bed.
    Have never screwed it up and I love that the first application is a noticeable difference, but not extreme at all. So even if I f'd it up, no one would really notice. It builds nicely as well.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    sorry to necro this thread, but i didn't want to open a new one for this.

has anyone of you tried the "st moriz instant self tanning mousse" before and if you have, would you recommend it?

St Moriz 200ml Instant Self Tanning Mousse: Amazon.de: Parfümerie & Kosmetik

i've never used a fake tan in my life and i'm this close to buying it. it only has great reviews and it's really cheap.
    i'm tired of being a pale potato.
    it's good! and really cheap. i'm too lazy to use it consistently though, but it does give good results.

^ Jesus, it lives! The fuck you been?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    it's good! and really cheap. i'm too lazy to use it consistently though, but it does give good results.
    i've tried it twice so far. the first time i screwed it up. it says you should wait 4-6 hours until you shower - i showered after 4 because i looked like a cast member of jersey shore, but it was just the tanner itself, the color didn't stick to my skin at all. the application is also kind of tricky because it dries so quickly.
    the second time i did it right, waited 6 hours, and got a little tan. so little that the tan lines i still have from summer were still there.

i'm kind of disappointed. maybe i should've bought the "dark" version and not the "medium" one.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

But does it drip when you're a whore sweating in church?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^

in all seriousness, i think an instant bronzer that's basically just brown cream you put on could drip.

Haha, that reminds me of this embarrassing teen moment.
    My bff and I had slathered ourselves in a foaming tan product called Sudden Tan. Big in the 70's. "Got a minute? Get a tan" was their slogan.
    We were riding a scooter around in her yard through a sprinkler and the gross brown drips appeared instantly on our legs. It was mortifying since her brothers cute friends were watching us. Pretty funny now though.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information