Login to remove the ads!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discontinued make-up you want brought back

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    The whole damn line of Prescriptives! I went to buy some powder over the weekend and they are gone, baby, gone
    I was griping about how hard I am to match to a friend over the weekend and said I might just have to break down and get my make-up mixed at Prescriptives from now on, when they told me the whole line was gone! I can't believe it! I bet there are some seriously pissed off people, because it specifically catered to the very hard to match.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I shouldn't read this thread, it's making me want all these discontinued products!
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Back in the 70's and early 80's, Revlon made a gorgeous brick red matte lipstick called "Le Mood Jazz"--isn't that a great name?!

I STILL miss it. It was both my Mother's and my favorite. I've never managed to replace the shade, either. An Origins lipstick called Terra Cotta came close, but not quite.

Ad Vault
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I just went to their website and saw where they're not being sold in the U.S. anymore. News to me. Their 2000 Calorie mascara was pretty awesome as I recall.

What? Noooooooo!!!

I bet there are some seriously pissed off people, because it specifically catered to the very hard to match.
    I almost cried. Their make up is pretty much all I wear. They are partnered with Clinique though which I only found out a few months back.

The discontinued food thread - and the fact that Cover Girl just discontinued my prized TruShine Blushberry Shine lipstick - is the inspiration for this thread.

I went to pick up a tube of my perfect lipstick and it's GONE! Assholes! One of the very few great products they make and they stop making it! I found the last tube to be had in the city in CVS and snapped it up. I'm not even sure it hasn't been opened, but I had to have it. I'll disinfected it when I get home.

Anyone else had some product they loved snatched away and want it brought back?
    Sooo, I went to CVS on my break, and guess what I found? 2 tubes of the Blushberry Shine, unopened, on clearance for $3.49 each...

Finally thought of a makeup product that I haven't seen in a while.

L'oreal Colour Fresco:

From the looks of it, there is a new version in a tube that I haven't tried. But the version I liked above seems to be gone

It's not a make-up per se, but Victoria's Secret Garden Fragrance used to have a scent called Tranquil Breezes. It was cucumber with a faint hint of honeydew melon and smelled DIVINE. I want it again!!!!!

Maybelline Auburn eyebrow pencil!!! I am a redhead and have been using it for many years. No other company makes as good a pencil. After months of thinking Duane Reade/CVS etc. were sold out, I wrote to Maybelline and they told me it was discontinued. No stock left anywhere. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......................

Also, Revlon California Sunshine lipstick and nail color (from the 80's), and Lancome Magie Noir perfume (which I can still buy on Amazon and other sites, but dept. stores no longer carry it).

Oh, and L'Oreal Feria Power Reds hair dyes....they might still make it but I can't find it anymore (ok, I'm not a NATURAL redhead, but I still need my red eyebrow pencil!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by delilah View Post
    Maybelline Auburn eyebrow pencil!!! I am a redhead and have been using it for many years. No other company makes as good a pencil. After months of thinking Duane Reade/CVS etc. were sold out, I wrote to Maybelline and they told me it was discontinued. No stock left anywhere. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......................

Also, Revlon California Sunshine lipstick and nail color (from the 80's), and Lancome Magie Noir perfume (which I can still buy on Amazon and other sites, but dept. stores no longer carry it).

Oh, and L'Oreal Feria Power Reds hair dyes....they might still make it but I can't find it anymore (ok, I'm not a NATURAL redhead, but I still need my red eyebrow pencil!!!)
    If this is what you're referring to, it looks like Amazon has it:

Amazon.com: Maybelline Expert Eyes Twin Brown & Eye Pencils Auburn: Health & Personal Care

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara... it was my favorite !

They still make that one.
    "Creepy, like when Tom Cruise laughs." - Bloodhound Gang

"I don't know anyone who likes Justin Bieber." - Seth Rogen

THANK YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    If this is what you're referring to, it looks like Amazon has it:

Amazon.com: Maybelline Expert Eyes Twin Brown & Eye Pencils Auburn: Health & Personal Care

Silver Member

L'Oreal Shock Proof extreme wear nail color. I bought a few bottles years ago and I still use them and they are nowhere near finished. I wanted to get a few more colors and I found to my dismay that the polish has been discontinued. It is the only nail polish that I have used that stays on for a month for a pedicure. I guess it is one of those "flexible" polishes and the colors I have are really rich- not flat or cheap looking.

If anyone has a clue about nail polishes that advertise themselves to be "flexible" and "shock proof" I'd like to know what brands are out there. I remember a few years ago Sally Hanson and Revlon (in addition to Loreal) had shock proof polishes. Revlon had a two step system - color and topcoat. The Loreal was the best in my opinion.

Zee

Max Factor Lash Perfection Mascara- in blue. P&G pulled Max Factor from the US market. Have tried several different mascaras without success. Now I have to try and get it when I'm out of the country- pffffft.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information