Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Companies that test on animals

As I already mentioned, prices are much higher here in Vancouver, so I had no way of knowing that those particular products would sell for so little where you live, wherever that is.

You never mentioned what products you were talking about in the first place so I think it was reasonable to say more power to you given what I'm used to paying for shampoo and conditioner. I also had no way of knowing about your financial situation, as I've already said. I'm glad that you can find products you like for what you can afford to pay.

Sorry you find my responses condescending.
    Last edited by pacific breeze; November 28th, 2007 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    snipped for necessity

Sorry you find my responses condescending.
    I find many things in your responses PB.

What you realize is that you have the right to edit the hell out of your posts... sometimes like this one 3 maybe 4 times over a period of what 2 days?. So yeah. NOW it isnt exactly condescending ... it is just fake as hell.

IF by chance you let people read you the way you respond from your gut right off the top of your head.... I wouldnt be the only one commenting on it.

What are you talking about? The only thing I changed about my last couple of posts was to correct typos and divide sentences into paragraphs. I posted late last night and changed the most recent one this morning. The times are there for all to see.

I'm not sure if the mods can access my previous posts, but if they can, I have no objection to having them post them in this thread for all to see, but I doubt anyone is interested.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The only thing I'm interested in (and others, judging from my PM's and emails), is for this stuff to stop.

DVS, everyone knows you hate PB - we get it. You don't need to ram it down her - and everyone else's - throat every time you encounter her in a thread. Frankly, it's gotten way out of hand and you simply need to stop it right now.

There are several people on here I ignore, and they ignore me. That is what people are supposed to do - here and in real life - when they don't like someone. Ignore people you don't like. It's really quite simple.

The fact that you choose not to ignore subjects everyone else to the negativity. And that is the type of negativity that isn't tolerated here. It's against the rules. It's also not welcome. 98% of the people coming here don't know about your vendetta, and they don't care. And they certainly don't want to read that kind of shit. I'm surprised it's being tolerated.

And don't tell me to put people on ignore when you are obviously unwilling to do so yourself.

I'm sick and tired of the mods having to close threads because some people can't control their hatred and their posting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    The only thing I'm interested in (and others, judging from my PM's and emails), is for this stuff to stop.

DVS, everyone knows you hate PB - we get it. You don't need to ram it down her - and everyone else's - throat every time you encounter her in a thread. Frankly, it's gotten way out of hand and you simply need to stop it right now.

There are several people on here I ignore, and they ignore me. That is what people are supposed to do - here and in real life - when they don't like someone. Ignore people you don't like. It's really quite simple.

The fact that you choose not to ignore subjects everyone else to the negativity. And that is the type of negativity that isn't tolerated here. It's against the rules. It's also not welcome. 98% of the people coming here don't know about your vendetta, and they don't care. And they certainly don't want to read that kind of shit. I'm surprised it's being tolerated.

And don't tell me to put people on ignore when you are obviously unwilling to do so yourself.

I'm sick and tired of the mods having to close threads because some people can't control their hatred and their posting about it.
    I concur!

I know PETA has a bad reputation sometimes, but they put together a list of companies that do and do not test on animals. It's at Caring Consumer // A Guide to Kind Living

Here are a few more companies, in case you don't want to go to the website. These companies do not test.

Almay
    American Safety Razor (Flicker razors)
    Avon
    Basis
    Bon Ami cleanser/Faultless starch
    Citre-Shine
    Erno Laszlo
    Food Lion - household cleaning products
    Freeman
    Garden Botanika
    Goldwell
    Jack Black
    Joico
    La Mer
    Marcal Paper products (toilet paper and tissues)
    Merle Norman
    Nivea
    Norelco
    Physicians Formula
    Revlon

Oh Mira, if you only read MY PMs... more people than you know are tired of this passive aggressive bullshit you two and whoever else play.

The fact you had your own personal PM campaign begging me and anyone else to write SVZ at his personal email to complain about PB and demodding her, then disappearing for 3 months like YOU had nothing to do with it.

As for threads being closed? Dear woman, you start a thread to instigate shit and then NEVER explain yourself. Remember reverse stalking? Remember your manifesto about leaving and whatever else.

I think you fail to realize there are 6 THOUSAND members, and when ONE of them follows me non stop from thread to thread.... yeah... its just pathetic.

So please do keep the PMs up, you have a leak ... I see almost EVERYONE of them. You dont scare me, and you dont tell me who I can respond to.... UNLESS, you bug the mods and the owner nonstop to get your way.

I dont bother as many people as you seem to think, if so, they can PM me.

Stop with the fake ass Im-not-doing-anything-to-instigate bullshit. The only dif with me is I dont just crawl away from the bully tactics... I stand up.

As for this thread. Some people and MANY of them on this board and the net cant afford to live like "saints". Some of us actually live in the real world with real people to feed, clothe, and even buy shampoo for.

If it means test it on an animal instead of MY kid or 3rd world people that need the money so bad they will undergo testing for money to save a damned animal then yes I will speak out. And I realize there are people that wont like it, just like I dont like that they want me to worry about the animal first.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thanks... I went out this a.m. to check out some alternative cosmetics since I'm running out... looks like I'll be sticking with the Trader Joe's soaps and the health food lotions (from bulk) for a while. I've heard good stuff about a lot of what you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by DVS_one View Post
    Oh Mira, if you only read MY PMs... more people than you know are tired of this passive aggressive bullshit you two and whoever else play.

The fact you had your own personal PM campaign begging me and anyone else to write SVZ at his personal email to complain about PB and demodding her, then disappearing for 3 months like YOU had nothing to do with it.

As for threads being closed? Dear woman, you start a thread to instigate shit and then NEVER explain yourself. Remember reverse stalking? Remember your manifesto about leaving and whatever else.

I think you fail to realize there are 6 THOUSAND members, and when ONE of them follows me non stop from thread to thread.... yeah... its just pathetic.

So please do keep the PMs up, you have a leak ... I see almost EVERYONE of them. You dont scare me, and you dont tell me who I can respond to.... UNLESS, you bug the mods and the owner nonstop to get your way.

I dont bother as many people as you seem to think, if so, they can PM me.

Stop with the fake ass Im-not-doing-anything-to-instigate bullshit. The only dif with me is I dont just crawl away from the bully tactics... I stand up.

As for this thread. Some people and MANY of them on this board and the net cant afford to live like "saints". Some of us actually live in the real world with real people to feed, clothe, and even buy shampoo for.

If it means test it on an animal instead of MY kid or 3rd world people that need the money so bad they will undergo testing for money to save a damned animal then yes I will speak out. And I realize there are people that wont like it, just like I dont like that they want me to worry about the animal first.

As for what you wrote, DVS, you never give up, do you? And if there is a leak, then the site owner and/or the mods need to put a stop to it. Frankly, DVS, I don't write anything in PM's that I don't want seen.

I'll bet you do, though. You're not going to win this, DVS, and neither are the others (vast minority here) who agree with you. You're not going to bully anyone off of this website.

People PM and e-mail you about a dispute between two other posters? Weird.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    People PM and e-mail you about a dispute between two other posters? Weird.
    Yes twitchy, as a matter of fact, they do. And they don't like it. Would you expect them to?

Why wouldn't people alert a moderator if there is a perceived problem? You would think that a mod could talk to people in PMs instead of filling threads with these sorts of things.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    Why wouldn't people alert a moderator if there is a perceived problem? You would think that a mod could talk to people in PMs instead of filling threads with these sorts of things.
    Yes, one would think.

Same old shit, same old people!!

Yeah, old people!

I posted in this thread BEFORE DVS, I did NOT follow her here. I did not quote or respond to her directly. I did not realize that there is a GR rule stating that I am unable to post in threads that DVS has posted in. If one exists, please point it out to me.

I attempted to give posters on this thread some tips on affordable cruelty-free products, which I MYSELF use. No one else has accused me of being a "saint" or condescending because of it. And I am not rich, not even close.

FYI, what is the age limit for posters at GR? Again, I did not know there was a rule regarding it.
    Last edited by pacific breeze; November 28th, 2007 at 03:36 PM.

snipped... because

As for what you wrote, DVS, you never give up, do you? And if there is a leak, then the site owner and/or the mods need to put a stop to it. Frankly, DVS, I don't write anything in PM's that I don't want seen.

I'll bet you do, though. You're not going to win this, DVS, and neither are the others (vast minority here) who agree with you. You're not going to bully anyone off of this website.
    Well considering it isnt a game, its a messege board. I will NOT back away from my beliefs if that is what you mean.

The leak is your PMs get around more than you realize. and yes, even your emails. Why would people complain to you or PB ... you arent mods or site admin. It makes no sense.

I also forgot to mention the PM campaign to get Grimmlock banned... What the hell, is A*O next????

Thanks for answering my questions about your participation though, much appreciated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information