Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Best skin care system for aging skin

czb

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I have god awful rosecea and everything bugs my skin, but I've used DHC Olive Oil Cleanser for years, mostly when I travel and at night. But my regular (own everything under the sun) is Eminesence, which I'm a little obsessed with. Anyone else with rosecea, I have finally found something that really helps - Aloe Vera supplements. A couple of shots a day has had an amazing calming affect.
    i have rosacea as well. you take the aloe vera orally?

Yes. I've read places where we're advised to use it topically, but the dietary supplement isn't bad. It calmed a breakout the first day. I don't know if you get the rosecea breakouts, but mine are impossible to clear once they appear unless I drain them - which is aweful and makes it worse in the short term, but they just don't go away otherwise (and they hurt). But the Aloe seems to dry them out from the inside. And they go away within a day or two. That allows all the other shit I use to calm the redness some. I use:

Oh and I use Eminence (not eminesence) and some Lucrece.
    Novice likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

czb

drain them? wow that sounds rough.

my rosacea is relatively mild ... just redness on the sides of my face. it does get too bad but doesn't really improve, either.
    fgg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    And avoid stress and sugar, if possible.
    It's been almost three months since I quit sugar, and I'm already seeing a difference. Winter will be the test, but so far my skin is loving it.
    fgg likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Make sure you exfoliate at least once a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt_toast View Post
    What do you recommend for exfoliation?
    A flannel and warm (not hot) water.
    I used that for years with great effect.

When I can get it I “cleanse” with rose water you can get big bottles from Turkish food stores and it is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Yes. I've read places where we're advised to use it topically, but the dietary supplement isn't bad. It calmed a breakout the first day. I don't know if you get the rosecea breakouts, but mine are impossible to clear once they appear unless I drain them - which is aweful and makes it worse in the short term, but they just don't go away otherwise (and they hurt). But the Aloe seems to dry them out from the inside. And they go away within a day or two. That allows all the other shit I use to calm the redness some. I use:

Oh and I use Eminence (not eminesence) and some Lucrece.
    I’ve seen a lot of aloe, in fact I got a tube cheap for 99p on offer so I am going to try external while I have it.
    I may try internal but I hear it’s very gloopy?

I looked in a mirror at a downward angle this weekend, and I realized I'm getting my mom's turkey neck . I'm thinking of trying this product, which has great reviews and is cheap: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-Bond...-0-OZ/49369542

Has anyone tried it, or anything else you would recommend?
    Last edited by Moongirl; April 17th, 2018 at 12:34 AM.

A*O

I'm spending the kids' inheritance on the Obaji skincare range and it's pricey but worth every cent. It was developed by a proper MD/dermatologist and I love it.

I've had problems with rosacea for about 3 years with painful flare ups and dormant phases. None of the topical remedies worked so I take antibiotics (Doxycycline) which seem to be keeping it more or less under control.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Ugh! I can’t even get a decent amount of antibiotics to shift this chest infection let alone anything else.
    Maybe I should just complain more to them???

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    For anti-aging (specifically preventative), I absolutely swear by Biotherm's Skin Vivo line. When I was a cosmetician, I used to go to training classes for a wide variety of brands. When you'd leave the class, you were given full sized products that were discussed in the class. It gave me the chance to try a ton of brands. While Arden's Prevage line is phenomenal, it's incredibly expensive.
    Skin Vivo is a bit of an investment still, but the products last a long time and absolutely work.

With my family, we have pretty good genes to begin with on both sides of the family We tend to age well. Having said that, in my immediate family it tends to be our under-eye area that shows age first. That's where we start to show lines first. I started using the Skin Vivo eye when I was 26. I'm now about to turn 34 and my under eye area is better than my siblings' under-eye areas were when they were in their late 20s.

This is a somewhat recent picture, taken in my room without any filtering or fancy lighting. Just mah face while smiling... and barely a line. Not much makeup.

We're the same age, and your skin seems to look way younger than mine !
    I used to have a very smooth and wrinkle free skin, but somehow last year my old age finally kicked in and my cells were like woohooo we can go down the drain now

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    It's been almost three months since I quit sugar, and I'm already seeing a difference. Winter will be the test, but so far my skin is loving it.
    Do you avoid all sugar, like the one from bread and pastas too?
    (how do you manage?)
    I think that being a vegan already helps my skin (plus good genes) but I'm always interested to hear more tips to have a glowing skin !
    Winter is long her (like suuuuuuuuuuuuuper long) and it's hard on the skin
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I swear by my Clarisonic. I use it every morning and night. Between that and these awesome Philosophy peel pads, I can't see my pores anymore.

It was in this thread I saw this. THANK YOU !!!
    I bought the MIA (they only had that model) a week ago, after you were so positive about it. I love it.
    sprynkles and Novice like this.

I have one kasippu and struggled to get into it. It’s now somewhere in a bathroom cabinet may be I nam ed to dig it out again?

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    A flannel and warm (not hot) water.
    I used that for years with great effect.

When I can get it I “cleanse” with rose water you can get big bottles from Turkish food stores and it is really good.

I’ve seen a lot of aloe, in fact I got a tube cheap for 99p on offer so I am going to try external while I have it.
    I may try internal but I hear it’s very gloopy?
    That's why I take the dietary supplement - not goopy and actually kind of pleasant after the first couple of shots. The one I had in the picture is lemon/lime and with pear juice. I still get break outs, but it's not the painful last for a month ones, just little bumps that go away in a day or 2.
    Brookie and Novice like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

Does it help the redness?

A new colleague of mine said “I have some “tea” for you it will help your skin” to me last week.
    Not happy about that plus I am in a different place(most of the time) and am getting better at the self-care thing. It would be nice to calm it down a bit??

I do think the redness is down somewhat. Once a week a do a little masque of full fat yogurt and a couple of drops of tea tree oil - that seems to keep my skin hydrated through the week and the tea tree oil is good with rosecea skin. Most people really just think I'm a perpetual sunworshipper, so I don't worry too much about the red, but I do notice when it's calming down.
    Novice likes this.

I have been doing the low carb thing for a few weeks. I have to say, that has helped with calming my redness more than anything.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information