Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Best skin care system for aging skin

Betres Oatmeal soap, Pond's Dry Skin Cream, and occasionally La Bella Vitamin E oil as a moisturizer. I scrub my face with a loofah-ish wash cloth daily, otherwise my skin feels gritty and flaky. I also notice more dryness and flakiness in the creases around my mouth if I don't drink enough water, especially right before my period.

I've purchased anti-aging moisturizers/eye creams in the past (from Avon, Olay brand) and they all seem to irritate my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    And avoid stress and sugar, if possible.
    Well there's my problem. I'm FULL of stress and eat tons of sugar.
    czb, Nevan and louiswinthorpe111 like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I got sucked down the hole of that R&F stuff when a family member began selling it. After a couple of months, noticed it didn't make a difference and I didn't want to continue to pay. I'm 50 and just wash with Philosophy's face wash. I also am a tomboy and don't wear makeup unless I have to...luckily, I get to work remotely most days of the week. Use makeup wipes from Neutrogena or the off-brand knock-off store brand to remove makeup. I don't use moisturizer a lot these days..tired Olay, philosophy, and some other brands but have oily skin so they just weren't the best solution for my skin. Also, I live in the south in a state with high humidity for many months of the year...

I do drink a ton of water, use sunscreen and SPF lip balm. Heck, I'll probably be that lady you meet and think, "I'll bet she has a ton of fun stories, seeing as how she looks to be about 72!

You should check out this blog https://www.carolinehirons.com/ Caroline is a skin care expert that is brutally honest and has really good info for all age and skin types
    burnt_toast likes this.

So much excellent information, thank you all. I drink lots of water but this winter weather has really taken its toll on my skin this year. I'm contemplating a facial but am also going to look into some Hyaluronic Acid products to see if I can get some super moisturizing going on ... my oils just aren't cutting it.

Bronze Member

I dont use soap on my face at all. As far as improving the texture of the skin, there is nothing out there better for it then a retinoid cream.

I swear by my Clarisonic. I use it every morning and night. Between that and these awesome Philosophy peel pads, I can't see my pores anymore.

burnt_toast, Brookie and Beeyotch like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I swear by my Clarisonic. I use it every morning and night. Between that and these awesome Philosophy peel pads, I can't see my pores anymore.

I love the idea of the Clarisonic but the price makes me cringe ... I'm so cheap.

I got mine for around $100 from QVC. That was about 5 years ago. I don't know how long they last, but it was worth it. And if mine broke tomorrow, I'd buy another one. I get replacement heads on Ebay for a fraction of the cost of what Clarisonic charges.
    burnt_toast likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Well, when I look at the cost of a quality facial, it's really pretty comparable around here ... this might be a better investment.

Inigo's post reminded me that I also don't wear makeup on a daily basis, only if we're attending a get-together or function; I also use makeup wipes (WM brand) to remove my makeup before I go to bed, I never leave makeup on...

Bronze Member

I SWEAR by Philosophy products. None of it is overly expensive. I started in my mid 20's, and I'm now in my mid 40's, and I think my skin looks pretty damn good. I'm (bragging a little) often asked what I use particularly when people find out how old I am.

My skin is sensitive to just about everything, but I never get a reaction to any of their products. I also try to keep it simple with the Hope in a Jar moisturizer under makeup daily, occasional extra moisture for the eye area in the winter and their SPF products in the summer. The liquid dermabrasion works really well any season.

The facial sunscreens are a life saver for beach and boat days.

Sephora is great with giving out samples of anything you might want to try just to make sure you like it/don't get a reaction.

Good luck!
    sprynkles likes this.

QVC should be having a Clarisonic on Todays Speical Value or a monthly special sometime in spring, they tend to have one around the season changes and they have specials on skin care quite often and I swear by easy pay , it's same as cash and it's split into payments and I can get highend skin care and spilit up m payments
    Paula's Choice is a good brand too and at reasonable price
    sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I got mine for around $100 from QVC. That was about 5 years ago. I don't know how long they last, but it was worth it. And if mine broke tomorrow, I'd buy another one. I get replacement heads on Ebay for a fraction of the cost of what Clarisonic charges.

Good to know. Might invest in one. How does it work? Do you need special soap?

I think I have tried every cream and serum under the sun and I have no idea what I would recommend. I do prefer serums over Creams and I love the Korean face mask. Some make my skin glow (for a couple of hours)

I like using a mild foaming cleanser with mine and mine lasted almost 8 years before it died and I am in the market to buy another one
    I have sensitive reactive skin and the sensitive brush made my skin feel super clean and didn't irritate it. In the last year, I have found out 90% of my breakouts where from chemical sunscreen so I have been trying different things to get it clear

If you live in the US Differin Gel is over the counter and it's anti-acne and anti-aging and cheap too and it works

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information