Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best product for crispy ends?

Karite costs anywhere from $30 - $39. It's not much cheaper than Kerastase, but it's not as oily. I bought it last week because my stylist (ending my relationship with him now) went CRAZY with texturing the ends of my hair.

Hit By Ban Bus!

OK I confess ignorance.. what did he do?

Interesting that you think Kerastase is oily. I'm using the reconstructiv, been real happy with it. Maybe you tried another formula (they have so many).

Basically they cut into the layers (kind of thinning out the bottom of each layer) to make the layers look more graduated and give them some oomph. It looks good on most thick, straight hair...which I don't really have. I have fine, wavy hair, but a ton of it. Now, my end actually look kind of like split ends...

Kerastase and Karite make the layers lay nice and flat and not look all wispy.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^That's what I need!

I've been experimenting with cutting my own hair into layers. I have a small pair of hair scissors, and a tiny pair of embroidery scissors. I think I'm due for a pro cut though. Then I can start working with that again.

first of all: trim your hair regularly. even if you want to grow it out, cut a little bit off the ends every 2-3 months, it will actually help it grow faster and will keep it looking healthy.

as for products, i use carita 'le cheveu' anti-split ends complex. it's this very concentrated non-oily oil which i know doesn't make any sense but that's really what it is. that i put on the ends of towel dried hair about once a week, let it absorb for a few minutes and then style as normal. Carita Le Cheveu Anti-Split Ends Complex
    it's expensive but worth it because you really don't use much so it lasts for a long time. i started using it 6 months ago and i can see the difference.
    on the other days when i wash and dry my hair, i use this on the ends: L'Oreal Health and Beauty - tecni.art Hair Mix Supreme Smooth 200ml
    my hairdresser introduced me to this. it basically protects your hair from the blow dryer and makes it really silky and smooth but without weighing it down or making it the least bit greasy. i wash my hair, comb it and then put it on the lower half of my hair. you only need very little so it lasts forever. i buy about one tube every 10 months or so, and i have long hair and wash it several times a week.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information