Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Back to my real favorite mascaras

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I stay the hell out of Sephora because I always buy $100 worth of crap I never even use.
    No kidding (except that Ulta is what we have here). I've worn more makeup in the last year than I have in the whole rest of my life combined, and I'm still not making a dent in what I have.

Yeah I'm both a Platium member at Ulta and. VIB Rouge at Sephora ,clearly I have a problem and I buy a lot from Nordstrom too
    I can't say no to new makeup it's too pretty to pass up ,if the appcolyse happens I'm set for makeup and nail polish
    Laurent, greysfang and holly like this.

Haven't read through the whole thread so not sure if it has been mentioned but I would definitely recommend Loreal Telescopic mascara, I always get compliments when I wear it, lengthens lashes so nicely and doesn't give you spider lashes. love it.
    Flygirl likes this.
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

If you need mascara that is 100% water proof, I highly recommend Clinique's Lash Power. That shit does not come off no matter how much you cry

Source: me, mental health chaos + work life in tailspin. Much crying in toilets. Mascara flawless.
    Laurent likes this.

I was given a Korean curling mascara by A Touch in Sol. It's the best I've ever used on my unruly lashes (I refuse to use an eyelash curler due to a previous traumatic incident). I can't find it anywhere here so I guess I'll be looking online when it runs out.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

man the Koreans are really getting it done cosmetically. I love Dr. Jart+ products.
    kasippu likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    If you need mascara that is 100% water proof, I highly recommend Clinique's Lash Power. That shit does not come off no matter how much you cry

Source: me, mental health chaos + work life in tailspin. Much crying in toilets. Mascara flawless.
    At least there's that.

Hope things look up for you soon. Take care!
    Sassiness and bootspaige like this.

There's buzz about Charlotte Tilbury's Instant Hollywood False Lashes Mascara. I've got to try one of those Lancome's. Been ages since I've worn their mascara.

Lashes Up Sassiness!

It's mascara madness this Saturday May 21 at Nordsdtrom , which is all mascara buy two get one free !!! I think i am going to try the new Charlotte Tilbury one and my normal La Volume De Chanel and the Guerlain Maxi Lash
    holly likes this.

The Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Mascara is crazy. The formula and the wand work. You get long, long thick lashes. I usually wear 3 coats of Voluminous (Hi Laurent), but one coat of this and whoa. I want to buy another one and keep it sealed because these companies are always changing the formulas. I'm talking to you Dior Show.

Then I see that IT Cosmetics makes the same kind of thing - Super Hero Mascara and Hello Lashes.

Chooz - did you try the Chanel mascara?

Based on Chalet's recommendation I tried the Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes. Lashes looked amazing. I did powder before applying it based on a lot of negative reviews on makeup alley saying it is smudgy and left them with raccoon eyes. I only noticed minimal smudging and it was 96 today with about 45% humidity. It's a winner except for the price. The $32 is definitely the most I've ever spent on a mascara.

I also received a sample of Well People Expressionist mascara. It went on nicely, dry formula and my lashes were feathery and soft. it's a no-go for me though because it smudged and flaked like crazy.
    choozen1ne likes this.

I tried the Legendary Lash too and I had a little panda eye too , It wasn't enough to make me not want to use it , I did like you did and added extra powder ,her first mascara Full Fat Lash is just ok nothing special , Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme mascara is really good too , I had never tried it before and so far I really like it , however the brush is huge , really long ,longer than the Dior Show wand

Quote Originally Posted by Jexxifer View Post
    Based on Chalet's recommendation I tried the Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes. Lashes looked amazing. I did powder before applying it based on a lot of negative reviews on makeup alley saying it is smudgy and left them with raccoon eyes. I only noticed minimal smudging and it was 96 today with about 45% humidity. It's a winner except for the price. The $32 is definitely the most I've ever spent on a mascara.

I also received a sample of Well People Expressionist mascara. It went on nicely, dry formula and my lashes were feathery and soft. it's a no-go for me though because it smudged and flaked like crazy.
    I think $32 is the most I've ever spent as well. I'm sorry you both got smudges. I've been using Voluminous for so long I've been wanting to find another mascara for ages. I have a little trick. I use a hand mirror and tilt my head back a bit and then apply the mascara. This way my eyelashes are up in the air, not against my eyelid.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    I tried the Legendary Lash too and I had a little panda eye too , It wasn't enough to make me not want to use it , I did like you did and added extra powder ,her first mascara Full Fat Lash is just ok nothing special , Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme mascara is really good too , I had never tried it before and so far I really like it , however the brush is huge , really long ,longer than the Dior Show wand
    I tried the Sumptuous Extreme (I think that was a WCG rec). I liked the long wand. There was something about the formula that made my lashes too heavy and not stay up. It's a great formula and got every lash. Maybe I should have used an eyelash curler. I'm glad you mentioned CT full fat lashes. That chick is a major marketer and she talked about it like it was the mascara you'll ever need. I think I'm good with mascara for a while. Unless I get a sample of something...haha. I still keep thinking about that sample I got from Clinique. Really really good mascara in a black tube.

I hope it's OK to NOT recommend a mascara, I'd actually like to ward people off it, it's that bad. I bought Urban Decay Perversion mascara a few days ago and it's terrible in every way. It gave me the worst spider eyes I've ever experienced with a mascara, it has a horrible wand that's wiry and still clumped with mascara even when you wipe it off. It was so thick, sticky and gummy that it flaked off all over my face all day long at work and ended up in my eyes a couple of times. It was really hard to take off too. It's awful.

There are two I do like: D&G, Passioneyes mascara that curls and lengthens without any clumps (or flaking) it's a lighter, softer mascara, good for work, not so much for evening at least not for me as I have really light eyelashes that are thin so I need extra help.

I also love Benefits, They're Real! Lengthening Mascara. It has the best wand of any mascara I've used. It really defines each lash and makes them seem a lot thicker and longer than they really are. It's my favorite mascara because it actually works in one coat for me which is great when I'm running late in the morning.
    sprynkles, Laurent and Brookie like this.

I've been using Grande Lash growth treatment for about 2 months now and it actually is working. I've totally noticed the extra length this week. It's quite amazing. I just wish it would have given me more lashes. I was going to try Latisse, but this is way more affordable. It was $69. I would only buy it from the makers website or a salon. I wouldn't trust anything like this from Ebay or Amazon. Just saying.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread Information