Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Back to my real favorite mascaras

Ok, no. That skeeves me out big time. No fucking way.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^Hmmmm. Okay. That doesn't look too freaky, and I do have huge issues with smudging - maybe I'll give it a try! Thanks, Sput.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    if you're actually in the shower or washing your face in the sink, it just slides off really easily, you don't have to pull at your lashes at all, or even touch them. i just splash water on my face and it comes off.
    yes, they just slide off with the warm water. it even easier than washing off regular mascara.
    Brookie likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Crap alert. The brush feels odd when you brush it on. I can make any mascara have a winged end effect with good application. It's going to back to BedBath. I really don't do well with the plastic wands or oddly shaped wands. Give me a full, thick traditional brush.

Clinique High Impact Mascara

This Clinique is excellent (for me). It's creamy/dry, makes the lashes long and thick. Buildable. I got it with a Clinique bonus and I think I'll buy the big size. I should have one other mascara in addition to Voluminous ? (which is still reigning champion).
    Brookie, Belt Up and KrisNine like this.

I just bought the Laura Mercier Full Blown and it's pretty bloody good - sounds a bit like the Clinique High Impact one above in terms of consistancy and buildability (that's not a real word is it?), makes lashes thicker, longer and nicely fanned out. Seems us Voluminous lovers have a definite type.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I just wanted to throw this one out there too. It's brand new and just recently came out in Sephora's stores. Some people rave about it, some are meh about it, but it definitely looks interesting.

Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System: Shop Mascara | Sephora
    (sorry, I still can't figure out how to copy image urls on my iPad)

I've been intrigued enough that I'm actually considering using the nylon lash tube and then use my own brown mascara that I love (Two Faced only offers this mascara in black). If it didn't work out, I could always return it. I've never used any Too Faced products except for a sample sized plumping gloss, which was fine but I hated the color, so never wore it again.

No, I've never seen that. I'm rarely on eBay though and I think this is the first time I bought cosmetics from there Do you live in the US? The seller I just bought from is in the US, but explained numerous times that even though they ship internationally, they do not ship to Italy. I wonder if it's related?

I learned about the better then sex on GR (other thread) and bought one when I went to NY. Love it.
    I bought it in Sephora NY, the Milan Sephora didn't use to stock NARS (my favorite lipstick) and now they have it. So keep your hopes up!

Chalet, I just bought a full size of the Clinique High Impact. It's my new favorite mascara. Ulta was giving away the small tubes as a gift. It's awesome. I love the little tube and wand because I get much more control with the brush, but the mascara is great. I always used Dior Show, but it seems to be really flaky now or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    I just bought the Laura Mercier Full Blown and it's pretty bloody good - sounds a bit like the Clinique High Impact one above in terms of consistancy and buildability (that's not a real word is it?), makes lashes thicker, longer and nicely fanned out. Seems us Voluminous lovers have a definite type.
    Well now I'll have to try that LM. And now they're talking about the new Armani Black Ecstasy.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Chalet, I just bought a full size of the Clinique High Impact. It's my new favorite mascara. Ulta was giving away the small tubes as a gift. It's awesome. I love the little tube and wand because I get much more control with the brush, but the mascara is great. I always used Dior Show, but it seems to be really flaky now or something.
    Oh good, it wasn't just me. The last plain Dior Show I got at Sephora was so dry. Sometimes I think they put the returns back on the shelves or maybe they changed the formula. I don't ever remember it being dry and flaky before.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Oh hey, so I was buying perfume online at Sephora and checked retailmenot for a coupon code, and found one "DIORMINI" it worked for a mini of Dior Addict It-Lash, so I guess I'll finally try one of these out. I usually use Maybelline (anything but that god awful pink and green tube.) So I'll let yall know how it works, I should have it by the end of next week.
    Brookie likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I sell Youniques 3d fiber lash mascara. I can never use another mascara again.
    BelledeJour likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Well now I'll have to try that LM. And now they're talking about the new Armani Black Ecstasy.

Oh good, it wasn't just me. The last plain Dior Show I got at Sephora was so dry. Sometimes I think they put the returns back on the shelves or maybe they changed the formula. I don't ever remember it being dry and flaky before.
    Nope, it's not just you. They've done something. One of the girls at Nordstrom told me to use the DiorShow Blackout, but the brush isn't the same. I love the brush on Diorshow. I'm sad because I really loved that mascara.

I got the sample of the Dior Addict mascara, not bad, I did put it on over my old mascara from this morning, it seemed a touch flakey until I brushed it out, made the lashes look way fuller and longer, not clumpy after brushing but you will get flakes on your face, so I would use a dust of powder under or a paper as a guard first. Of course this was over old mascara from the morning, I'll try it on clean lashes tomorrow, it might be better. It hasn't continued to flake after the application so we'll see, I did like the way it went on and the brush, but for over $20, jfc, I dunno.

My lashes look nice but the formula seems dry-ish and flakey. I do love the applicator brush so I plan on washing it off and keeping it for combing through lashes with other mascaras.
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; December 4th, 2014 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Can't type for shit.

Okay, the Dior Lash Addict has grown on me, I've used it everyday, I love the brush, the formula is not unless you glob it on, this builds really well with thin layers. Would I spend $26 though when Maybelline works perfectly fine, I dunno. I am definitely saving the brush when I'm done with the sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

Nope, it's not just you. They've done something. One of the girls at Nordstrom told me to use the DiorShow Blackout, but the brush isn't the same. I love the brush on Diorshow. I'm sad because I really loved that mascara.
    i thought it was me!

i used to swear by dior show when i lived in geneva and had access to this amazing diplo duty free shop and could get it for cheap. then i stopped buying it because i'm too stingy to pay full price, finally bought it again in an airport in september and i was so disappointed. the first few days, there was way too much on the brush and it would get messy if i didn't wipe it off, then when there was finally the right amount on the brush, it was sticky, then it went from sticky to dry and flaky.

i stopped using the tube mascara too because i felt it was suffocating my lashes or something because i was losing more of them than i normally do. i'm now back to cover girl lash blast length mascara (the thin yellow tube), after i'd given that up for the orange lash blast (volume) but then the orange one started sucking too. what's with brands fucking around with their formulas and ruining perfectly good products?!

anyway, the yellow lash blast is pretty great because it goes on in very thin coats, so you can do one coat for very natural, every day make up and build it up for when you want your lashes to be more pronounced. it's not perfect though, i remember it doesn't last very long and it's cheap so it starts to get flaky/sticky fairly quickly but in the meantime, i'll stick to it until i find another great mascara that doesn't suck.

why is it so hard to find mid-priced mascara? it's either cheapo drugstore stuff or high end, and there really isn't much in between.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I just bought Loreal False Lash Architect which I'm liking at the moment. I don't like my lashes to look too long and thick because I don't wear any other eye makeup and if my lashes are too prominent they look fake and stupid. This one is easy to apply so I can do a light coat for a more natural look and if I want to look like a hooker I can apply a thicker coat.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information