Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Back to my real favorite mascaras

Quote Originally Posted by Snarker View Post
    An honorable mention to Maybelline Full and Soft mascara for a very natural look.
    I know a ton of women who love Full & Soft because it doesn't clump and makes their lashes look so feathery. I like the brush on it a lot, but I tend to like a LOT of lashes, so it's why I stick with Voluminous' formula.

I have never been able to make the Maybelline Great Lash work for me and I've tried several times. The tiny brush gives me the worst clumps and I end up smearing it everywhere. Maybe I just don't know how to work the wand right for the brush.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Full & Soft is a favorite of mine. Damn near every Maybelline mascara is a favorite depending on what I'm going for (for the life of me I can't stand the pink & green one though) I have a couple maybelline brushes that I saved and washed out and use those to go over my mascara after applying to brush it out.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I know a ton of women who love Full & Soft because it doesn't clump and makes their lashes look so feathery. I like the brush on it a lot, but I tend to like a LOT of lashes, so it's why I stick with Voluminous' formula.

I have never been able to make the Maybelline Great Lash work for me and I've tried several times. The tiny brush gives me the worst clumps and I end up smearing it everywhere. Maybe I just don't know how to work the wand right for the brush.
    Yup. Full and Soft is great if you want a really natural look. It will slightly darken your lashes and helps keep the curl. Otherwise, it doesn't really lengthen or give any volume to your lashes. Maybelline Great Lash doesn't work for me either. I look like a raccoon whenever I used that mascara - it's really smudgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Full & Soft is a favorite of mine. Damn near every Maybelline mascara is a favorite depending on what I'm going for (for the life of me I can't stand the pink & green one though) I have a couple maybelline brushes that I saved and washed out and use those to go over my mascara after applying to brush it out.
    I've started to collect the brushes from my old, high end mascaras. I'm gonna do an experiment one of these days using these brushes with a cheap mascara and see if it makes a difference. Although I think the mascara formula is responsible for whether it will smudge or not, the brush might makes a difference in whether it will lengthen or add volume to the lashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    While looking for a decent eyeliner at Ulta, I picked up a box of Lorac stuff. Came with a fantastic eyeshadow trio, creme eyeliner (that is awesome), eye foundation, and their Pro Mascara. Let me just say this shit ROCKS. It is one of THE best mascaras I've ever used. Doesn't smudge or flake, and my eyelashes look a foot long and super thick. I am now a devotee of Lorac eye products. For LYFE.
    I have still been using the Blinc and a tube by Nars, but after reading this ^ I might try out Lorac too. I have to use formulas that are wheat protein free because of an allergy, if I can find out details about Lorac I'll pick some up.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Can only get it online here - 43 bucks!
    I got a set at the actual store! The whole SET here was only $39! I wouldn't buy it either if I had to pay that much! It's great--but not THAT great!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

I bought one of these today but I haven't tried it yet. I'll wear it to work tomorrow and and see how it performs.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

i've been using tubing mascara since withcurlgirl recommended it. my first purchase was the blinc mascara amplified and it is fucking awesome.

i've since switched to the l'oreal beauty tubes mascara. i don't use the white stuff though.

it's also very good. not quite as great as the blinc but the blinc is also 26.00 whereas i can buy the l'oreal at target for about 9...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I bought the Loreal and it was good but it set like cement on my lashes (with or without using the white end) so I chucked it. I got sick of ripping out half my lashes trying to get it off.

hmm, it just comes off with water. maybe the aussie formula is different.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^^
    the thing with tubing mascara (any brand, not just l'oreal) is it doesn't 'dissolve' the way normal mascara does so if you're used to taking yours off with make up remover it won't work, it needs water to come off. not a problem for me since i always wash my make up off with water, and then it's really easy, it just comes off in these long bits (that kind of look like lashes but on closer inspection you'll see it's just mascara) but it won't take any of your lashes out if you remove with water.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ yes, i have to immediately wipe off the sink or i end up thinking those mascara strands are a spider
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I'm on my second tube of this Rimmel $10 mascara. The applicator gets all those lashes at the corners of the eye for a nice wide lash look. The fat end of the applicator really gets all of them. Washes off super easy. I don't find it clumpy, and I can comb thru my lashes easily after it dries.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I'm waiting for some reviews, to see if it's worth it to try this one:

There's a handful on that one over at Makeup Alley and it has a 100% rating so far. Not many, but they RAVE about it. Looking at it, I can't quite figure out how it's applied.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I'd better retrieve my Loreal from the garbage then and give it one more chance. I didn't try washing it off with water but I would hold a make up wipe to my eye for about 30 seconds and the mascara would soften and some would come away but I'd still be finding bits of it on my face an hour later and some of my lashes would still be stuck together.

And the Loreal here is about 20 bucks so even the cheap brands are a rip off. I paid $14 for the Cover Girl one I bought yesterday and that's about as cheap as you can get.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information