Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 194
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Back to my real favorite mascaras

  1. #16
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    nevan - I DO have the purple mascara in the ball wand. It's not brand new, but it's definitely what you're talking about. Got it at Sephora, I think.
    SERIOUSLY?! It must have been a limited edition or something. I double checked earlier on their site and the only purple was their regular wand. Now I'm going to have to scour Amazon and eBay. And Sephora's site has been down for hours so I can't even email them to ask. I'm pretty certain that Sephora is the exclusive supplier for Givenchy makeup.

    If you see it somewhere and grab me one or two, I'd be more than happy to pay you for your troubles!

  2. #17
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,676

    Default

    I'm currently loving Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume mascara. It came as a gift when I bought this fucking awesome new Invisble Fluid makeup, which is the best TM I've ever used on my oily skin (and I've tried everything). I have given up Laura Mercier TM for this. It's as thin as water, it's perfect.

    But the mascara is great, it doesn't smudge, flake or clump. You can use a light hand and they get all full and feathered and if you go heavy it gives great volume. It's a drier mascara, and I like it way better than Diorshow, which I use on and off.

    I usually use Voluminous, mixed with Lash Out for night, and Clinique bottom lash mascara- which is a tubing mascara with a really teeny brush- but this stuff could be holy grail for my lashes.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  3. #18
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    22,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    SERIOUSLY?! It must have been a limited edition or something. I double checked earlier on their site and the only purple was their regular wand. Now I'm going to have to scour Amazon and eBay. And Sephora's site has been down for hours so I can't even email them to ask. I'm pretty certain that Sephora is the exclusive supplier for Givenchy makeup.

    If you see it somewhere and grab me one or two, I'd be more than happy to pay you for your troubles!
    Will do. Have looked at several websites; looks like it's still around in brown, black and blue but I can't find purple (yet).

    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  4. #19
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,978

    Default

    I just found a seller on eBay with 4 unopened, new Purple Phenom Eyes mascara. I bought two.

    Thank you so much, Brookie! It appears from the seller's page that it was a special edition for spring 2010.

  5. #20
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    22,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I just found a seller on eBay with 4 unopened, new Purple Phenom Eyes mascara. I bought two.

    Thank you so much, Brookie! It appears from the seller's page that it was a special edition for spring 2010.
    YAY! Great work.

    When I try to buy cosmetics on eBay, I get this:
    Unfortunately, access to this particular listing or item has been blocked due to a Paris commercial court decision that bans trade of certain authentic perfumes and cosmetic products on eBay because of French selective distribution laws. eBay is appealing this ruling but is nevertheless required to enforce it. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to comply with this court decision. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of the decision because of limitations on existing technology.
    I get this with ALL cosmetics I try to access. Anybody else have this?
    Last edited by Brookie; April 17th, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  6. #21
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,978

    Default

    I'm wondering if I should go back and order the other two .... I am THAT much of a purple freak! LOL

  7. #22
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,978

    Default

    I just wanted to throw this one out there too. It's brand new and just recently came out in Sephora's stores. Some people rave about it, some are meh about it, but it definitely looks interesting.

    Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System: Shop Mascara | Sephora
    (sorry, I still can't figure out how to copy image urls on my iPad)

    I've been intrigued enough that I'm actually considering using the nylon lash tube and then use my own brown mascara that I love (Two Faced only offers this mascara in black). If it didn't work out, I could always return it. I've never used any Too Faced products except for a sample sized plumping gloss, which was fine but I hated the color, so never wore it again.


    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post

    When I try to buy cosmetics on eBay, I get this:

    I get this with ALL cosmetics I try to access. Anybody else have this?
    No, I've never seen that. I'm rarely on eBay though and I think this is the first time I bought cosmetics from there Do you live in the US? The seller I just bought from is in the US, but explained numerous times that even though they ship internationally, they do not ship to Italy. I wonder if it's related?
    Last edited by Nevan; April 17th, 2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: To answer Brookie's edit.

  8. #23
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    28,020

    Default

    Italy has some weird customs laws that bars all sorts of weird shit.

  9. #24
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    22,299

    Default

    Unless Detroit is now in Italy, I'm in Michigan.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  10. #25
    Elite Member Chalet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I'm currently loving Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume mascara. It came as a gift when I bought this fucking awesome new Invisble Fluid makeup, which is the best TM I've ever used on my oily skin (and I've tried everything). I have given up Laura Mercier TM for this. It's as thin as water, it's perfect.

    But the mascara is great, it doesn't smudge, flake or clump. You can use a light hand and they get all full and feathered and if you go heavy it gives great volume. It's a drier mascara, and I like it way better than Diorshow, which I use on and off.

    I usually use Voluminous, mixed with Lash Out for night, and Clinique bottom lash mascara- which is a tubing mascara with a really teeny brush- but this stuff could be holy grail for my lashes.
    Put Witch on ignore or have her banned.......I'm not buying another mascara to try!.....damn!

    It has the kind of brush I like too. Damn.


  11. #26
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,978

    Default

    I used to use Estée Lauder. Their stuff smells amazing!

  12. #27
    Elite Member PinkCadillac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,434

    Default

    I'm currently using Soap & Glory's Thick & Fast mascara and I love it! My second favourite is Max Factor's False Lash Effect.

  13. #28
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,978

    Default

    Just got my purple Givenchy mascara in the mail today. Haven't tried it yet, but I checked both tubes. They're definitely new and still in great shape ... I was concerned because they were special editions from 2010. Can't wait to try them ... they are realllly bright purple. Thanks again, Brookie!
    Brookie likes this.

  14. #29
    Elite Member kalirga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    Lancome's Hypnose is the best mascara in the world, hands down, forever #1!!!1111


  15. #30
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    I have been having a hard time finding a mascara that doesn't look clumpy or spiky but still makes a visible, dramatic difference. Even my old favorites seem to clump. It's like they've changed the formula or something. I'll have to try some of these. I'm especially interested in the Givenchy one because I like the ball wand.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Favorite Drug Store Mascaras?
    By Thighs in forum Products and Reviews
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: September 20th, 2011, 04:10 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2009, 06:56 PM
  3. Replies: 76
    Last Post: August 5th, 2008, 02:03 PM
  4. Lindsay Lohan's Boobs are Back! Are they real?
    By shadowplay in forum Breast Augmentation
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: December 5th, 2005, 02:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •