Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Back to my real favorite mascaras

I needed a new mascara, as my beloved Clinique Lash Power is old (still good but just.... ew. time to change) and the revlon purple lid one I got was awful. Got Maybelline's LashSational - seems good so far. Haven't worn it for a long period yet, but tried it on when I got home and SO much better: lengthening, volume, definition. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    I hope it's OK to NOT recommend a mascara, I'd actually like to ward people off it, it's that bad. I bought Urban Decay Perversion mascara a few days ago and it's terrible in every way. It gave me the worst spider eyes I've ever experienced with a mascara, it has a horrible wand that's wiry and still clumped with mascara even when you wipe it off. It was so thick, sticky and gummy that it flaked off all over my face all day long at work and ended up in my eyes a couple of times. It was really hard to take off too. It's awful.

There are two I do like: D&G, Passioneyes mascara that curls and lengthens without any clumps (or flaking) it's a lighter, softer mascara, good for work, not so much for evening at least not for me as I have really light eyelashes that are thin so I need extra help.

I also love Benefits, They're Real! Lengthening Mascara. It has the best wand of any mascara I've used. It really defines each lash and makes them seem a lot thicker and longer than they really are. It's my favorite mascara because it actually works in one coat for me which is great when I'm running late in the morning.
    Definitely post things NOT to buy. I finally purged all my drugstore mascara's and just keep an older Voluminous in case I'm sitting on a glacier and need emergency mascara. I'm sticking to designer mascara's except for Voluminous if I want to try something new. No more drugstore.

I can't remember which Benefit mascara I tried. It gave me big lashes, but when it dried it got kind of crunchy.

Here's a confession - when I was growing up my Mom had nice makeup, I can't remember what but she bought it in a dept. store. Around 10 years of age, I went to my friend's house and saw her mother's makeup in the bathroom. Almay, Cover Girl etc. All drugstore. I remember thinking she was cheap! Drugstore makeup was cheap! I wondered how she looked so fabulous with cheap makeup, but she was an actress and knew how to do makeup and have that flawless, creamy look.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm a Maybelline cosmetics fan. I like the Maybelline New York Volum' Express. It is the colossal spider effect mascara. This is one of my fave at the moment especially that it gives a 60's look that is quite in demand these days. By the way, you could also have the Maybelline's LashSational

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    The Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Mascara is crazy. The formula and the wand work. You get long, long thick lashes. I usually wear 3 coats of Voluminous (Hi Laurent), but one coat of this and whoa. I want to buy another one and keep it sealed because these companies are always changing the formulas. I'm talking to you Dior Show.

Then I see that IT Cosmetics makes the same kind of thing - Super Hero Mascara and Hello Lashes.

Chooz - did you try the Chanel mascara?
    I was a Dior Show fan for years. A few years back, I bought a tube and noticed a change. Of course, everyone denied that there was a change, but there was. I have long eyelashes (they sometimes hit my sunglasses) but they aren't super thick or very dark. Dior Show was my first "expensive" mascara. Before that, I was always a fan of Voluminous. I still love Voluminous and know I'll be happy in a pinch, so it's sometimes my go-to brand. I recently grabbed another tube of Dior Show and was still disappointed. The girl even told me that maybe my eyelashes changed after I had my kid five years ago. Uh, ok, sure thing.

Anyway, another department store mascara I love is Clinique High Impact. It's not very expensive, maybe 18 bucks? I really like it and love the brush. I actually received a couple of little tubes as a trial and I really like the way I can handle the wand on the small tubes. I can really get those baby lashes.

I swear, if I love a product, they'll discontinue it. In the past few years, pretty much every, single product that I've used on a regular basis has been discontinued or changed into a completely unusable product. Everything from shampoos and conditioners, to leave-in's, foundation (Laura Mercier), powder (YSL), concealer (dermablend), body lotion, etc. I hate it when that happens.
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Definitely post things NOT to buy. .

I can't remember which Benefit mascara I tried. It gave me big lashes, but when it dried it got kind of crunchy. .
    Hope this is ok as it isn't about mascara but I bought the Benefit 'they're real' push up eyeliner. Hate it, it clumps and cracks.

I have UD Perversion mascara here and I love it.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Guerlain MaxiLash is now my go-to mascara. Previously I would use a high-end and a drug store brand together to get the look I wanted but now I just need the one. Dark, holds a curl, lengthens - for me it's HG status.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Hope this is ok as it isn't about mascara but I bought the Benefit 'they're real' push up eyeliner. Hate it, it clumps and cracks.
    I've seen the Youtubers complain out that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I have UD Perversion mascara here and I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexxifer View Post
    Guerlain MaxiLash is now my go-to mascara. Previously I would use a high-end and a drug store brand together to get the look I wanted but now I just need the one. Dark, holds a curl, lengthens - for me it's HG status.

Oh really? That automatically means I'll have a look.

Chantecaille mascara is $72 and Tom Ford is $45.

Bought a sample of Nars "Audacious" mascara - talk about clumpy and spikey. Can't recommend it. Glad it was only a trial size.

- Mark Twain

I ordered Tightline by It Cosmetics. It's a conditioning primer you can use as a mascara. It has a very tiny applicator brush to get all the lashes. I so wanted to love it. But it made my lashes hard and I hate that. For a $25 mascara, I was hoping for amazing. I returned it to QVC.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I got Dior Show in a deluxe sample. It's good, but not better than Clinique High Impact, which is what it reminds me of - except the Clinique one has the good grace not to be perfumed. Perfume in a mascara should be a no-no across the board, imo.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Love "High Impact". Bobbi Brown's "Intensifying" and "Everything" mascaras are favorites here too.

- Mark Twain

Okay, I love Voluminous. I recently bought 2 tubes of it. I haven't used it for years. Who knows why. It is perfect. Since I started using that lash growing stuff, I can really only do one or two coats of mascara before looking ridiculous. The Voluminous doesn't look clumpy, doesn't make my lashes hard and looks great all day. I work 10 hours shifts, sometimes makeup doesn't hold out that long.
    You guys have been singing it's praises for years. I wish I would have listened sooner.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I'm pretty sure this Saturday is mascara madness @ Nordstroms buy 2 get one free on all mascaras ,I'm stocking up on my staples and trying some new stuff

This one! Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere to buy here. Only online, but with too much delivery costs.

-

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information