Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite foundation

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Default Your favorite foundation

I've tried so many different brands over the years, everything from expensive department store brands all the way down to the cheapies. And the other day I thought what the hell, I might as well try one more (even though I own like 12 different brands ), and I bought Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation. IT IS THE BEST FOUNDATION I HAVE EVER OWNED. It literally stays on for hours without needing a touchup, and I use very little of it. Normally, I'm apprehensive about buying foundation from a regular store because I usually get the wrong shade, but I lucked out this time. Not to mention it's not runny at all, and doesn't make me look like I have any foundation on at all, it just looks like I have a natural glow. Imo, it's way better than MAC, Lancome, Clinique, or any other mid brands that I've bought, and it was only $7! YAY.

I thought about switching to bare essentials or something, but I have oily skin and like the natural matte look that seems to be hard to get with the mineral powders (at least for more than a few hours).

I was going to buy Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation, because I've heard that it lasts for hours as well, but why bother spending $35 when I found something wonderful for $7?

Has anyone tried EL's Double Wear or Maybelline's mousse foundation? If not, what's your go to foundation?
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I use MAC studio fix powder. It matches my complexion, and it looks flawless on me. All of my make-up comes from MAC except some cheap lip gloss that compliments my Nico Now lip glass by MAC..
    Boycotting The Ravens!!!

I use bare minerals and I love it. When I used regular foundations my favourite brand was Helena Rubinstein.

I also have a lot of makeup by MAC, but I've never tried their studio fix powder. I ADORE their eyeshadow and blush, because you only need a little bit and it seems to last for hours.

I've never tried Helena Rubinstein's products either, in fact I don't recall ever seeing it in a store, but I'll check it out online.

That is so funny! I just discovered Maybelline's Mineral Power (which is liquid) and am in love with it! I bought it at Targets after seeing a commercial. Goes on smooth as silk & beats the heck out of Clinique or Shishido. I wanted to try mineral again,with oily skin I got annoyed with the powder stuff-that doesn't work for me. This REALLY does. I am glad to know I am not the only one! They have taken over,far as I am concerned.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I was thinking about ordering sheer cover or whatever it is called has anyone used it?
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

McJag, I'll try the Mineral Power, I've heard some good things about it. Does it stay on for hours like the dream matte mousse? That's the problem with oily skin- a lot of foundations look like crap after a few hours.

Glitter, I've never personally tried sheer cover, but I do know a few people who have tried it, and I did research some consumer reviews about it, and a lot of the feedback wasn't good. Apparently it's not good at hiding anything like Bare Essentials supposedly does. SC is a lot less expensive, but unless you have awesome skin and just want a little something over your skin, I would pass on it. Seriously, I had my debit card out and everything, ready to order it, then I remembered some of my friends have it so I'm glad I called them first.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    McJag, I'll try the Mineral Power, I've heard some good things about it. Does it stay on for hours like the dream matte mousse? That's the problem with oily skin- a lot of foundations look like crap after a few hours.
    It really does. I still need those oil blotter papers some,but it works.And the best part for me-it has a shade that matches me! I wonder if the dream matte mousse,I have not tried yet. This tiny bottle will last a long time,you don't use much! Might as well get some of your kind also. Can't hurt! I still so happy to find out I am not the only one out there saying"Wow! Maybelline-I think this beats Clinique!"
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I really like Cover Girl's Clean Makeup. I'm so fair complected, it's hard to find the right shade that isn't too light or too tan/pinky which equals makeup lines. The Ivory is perfect.

I've tried loads and I love the colour match thatI get from Smashbox's "petal" but it just doesn't give me the coverage I now need, so I use bare minerals. It was recommended to me and its really good.
    I've tried their mineral veil for the first time last weekend and I'm a convert - it didn't bring me out either which was why I'd avoided it for ages.....

My main problem with foundation is getting it both light enough and a pinky not beigey colour.

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    I really like Cover Girl's Clean Makeup. I'm so fair complected, it's hard to find the right shade that isn't too light or too tan/pinky which equals makeup lines. The Ivory is perfect.
    Exactly my prob,too! And I hate those orange jaw lines some people run around with! I get it to match my neck & it can be hard. Maybelline does better for me than Shishido even.Porcelain Ivory works for me (in maybelline). We sound close to the same color!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    I also have a lot of makeup by MAC, but I've never tried their studio fix powder. I ADORE their eyeshadow and blush, because you only need a little bit and it seems to last for hours.

I've never tried Helena Rubinstein's products either, in fact I don't recall ever seeing it in a store, but I'll check it out online.
    I don't wear blush, just eyeshadow... MAC have really brilliant colors and it does last long.
    Boycotting The Ravens!!!

I wear Clarins which I like, but I'd be open to trying something else, I've heard Chanel is good

I have just begun (in the last six months) using Mary Kay's version of minerals foundation and I LOVE it. It literally washes years off my face, without making me look made up.

However, after reading about sparkly's discovery, I want to try that after I run out of my present foundation. It sounds great, and I like Maybelline mascaras A LOT...even if they are cheap, they're great!

I like Rimmel. I have a MAC Dewy one but I think it looks a bit chalky.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information