Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 9 High-End Makeup Dupes That Could Save You Lots Of Money

Maybelline, L'oreal and Lancome are all owned/manufactured by the same corporation so it is no wonder Maybelline, which is cheaper, compares to Lancome. Btw, Falsies mascara is awesome!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    That nail polish is so hideous!
    Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    The nail polish looks like it's used in those gross nail fungus ads.

Ha! I totally love the look of that polish; wonder where I can find it around here.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

On a similar note, the makeup Gods have seen fit to build a new Ulta a couple of miles away. It'll be right next to a Marshalls. I'm in trouble.
    Waterslide and azoria like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

In defense of the Cover Girl lipslick v. the Clinique Black Honey - the CG is much more cool toned than the Black Honey, which makes a huge difference. I used to try and make Black Honey work for me, but I finally had to admit defeat and admit that it's just too warm toned to work on me, regardless of how neutral Clinique claims it is. They used to have a lipstick called Black Lily probably 15 or 20 years ago that I adored and it looked great on me, and that's why I tried to make Black Honey work after the bastards discontinued Black Lily. Alas, too warm.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Bronze Member

Not digging that nail polish shade. But this is a good thread!

Elite Member

I used to always wear black honey. I don't do much makeup so I wasn't sure if they even still made it - glad to know they do!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I use YSL Touche Eclat and there is nothing like it. Even the expensive products. I love it and it's worth the money.
    Ooooh..... I got some from Aldi (yeah, that Aldi, the ones that own Trader Joe's) and it is lavish and about 1/4 the price of YSL....
    Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Maybelline, L'oreal and Lancome are all owned/manufactured by the same corporation so it is no wonder Maybelline, which is cheaper, compares to Lancome. Btw, Falsies mascara is awesome!
    Yeah, I used to go to a factory shop that made al of the Ester Lauder brands, it was Awesome! (for those that don't know Ester Lauder brands are:-
    Estée Lauder has a total of 27 brands which include:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    Ha! I totally love the look of that polish; wonder where I can find it around here.
    Yeah, I liked it too! If you can't get any locally you might be able to get it here Welcome to OPI
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I mentioned this article to my wife, and she said, "You know that $23 eyeliner pencil you bought me last year? I've only used half of it."
    yep, that's the best part about it. Instead of piling on a cheaper brand, and then having to replace it constantly, you invest in something that lasts longer.

I started to think I was the only one who loved that green nailpolish. I think I might get some of that...

Novice, I didn't even know that Aldi sold makeup! I go there for all sorts of stuff, but I think we just have groceries and wine.

Clinique used to make a lipstick that I loved, but they discontinued that color, too.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Our (UK) Aldi does make-up and the most fabulous skincare. I have facecream from them that is so rich & wonderful (& £3 a pot) that it beats everything except Clinques moisture surge hands down.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Free Charmed.

I'd would love if they had makeup at the Aldi! I found a review of it for the US, so maybe I just need to look around more.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I'd would love if they had makeup at the Aldi! I found a review of it for the US, so maybe I just need to look around more.
    This may (or may not) help ALDI - Home Page
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    This may (or may not) help ALDI - Home Page
    thanks for the link!!! I was asking someone about this and they said they did see makeup at the Aldi near me, so I must have flown right past it and not noticed. Will be going to check that out!
    ~Manx Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    thanks for the link!!! I was asking someone about this and they said they did see makeup at the Aldi near me, so I must have flown right past it and not noticed. Will be going to check that out!
    In our Aldi is with the washing stuff (deodrant soap etc) which makes sense to me.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I used to try and make Black Honey work for me, but I finally had to admit defeat and admit that it's just too warm toned to work on me, regardless of how neutral Clinique claims it is. They used to have a lipstick called Black Lily probably 15 or 20 years ago that I adored and it looked great on me, and that's why I tried to make Black Honey work after the bastards discontinued Black Lily. Alas, too warm.
    i'd never tried black honey and i needed a new everyday lipstick and after reading this thread, i decided to give it a try and it didn't quite work on me either. i think it was both too warm and too brown. but i really loved the consistency so i tried a few other shades and ended up buying chic honey, which has the same level of pigmentation as black honey (maybe even a little more) but is less brown and more of a red wine colour, so definitely more flattering for cool tones. and it's just a very pretty, natural colour. there were other shades that were more pink/red but they weren't saturated enough and barely put any colour on your lips.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Our (UK) Aldi does make-up and the most fabulous skincare. I have facecream from them that is so rich & wonderful (& £3 a pot) that it beats everything except Clinques moisture surge hands down.
    Plz name brand and type, or pictures? Our Aldi has make up and skin care products but I'm always skeptical about those. I don't know if Aldi carries the same products worldwide.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information