Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foundation primers?

Default Foundation primers?

Has anyone used a foundation primer alone or under foundation? Example: Smashbox.com > Face > Photo Finish Foundation Primer

I don't use foundation since I got my skin under control, though I use a concealer stick (dark circles and occasional zit), moisturizer and pressed powder. I'm thinking a foundation primer might give my skin more evenness without feeling like a layer of ick and without being opaque.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

i sometiems use that under my eyeshadow. my friend works at the smashbox counter and gave me a sample. i honestly haven't noticed a difference. it's clear, and i've never tried it without make up over it. if i remember to, i'll try and get back to ya.

i too don't wear foundation or anything except a bit of bronzer powder since i am practically see through pale.
    I'm a hard act to follow because when I'm done, I take the microphone with me.

Try a tinted moisturizer, they dont feel icky and will even you out, and they are sheer.

I like Clinique Almost Makeup, and the cheap one by CoverGirl works well also.

I've tried others: Laura Mercier, Stila, etc ...but the above two seem to be sheerest and most natural

Check out makeupalley.com for reviews on these items as well as primers. I like to get reviews there before trying things.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I am fond of Laura Mercier - she has three types of primers and the secret camouflage is out of this world (the ladies at the counter will try and talk you in to a different one - don't let them).

I also like her oil free foundation.

A make up artist turned me on to her and these products and they are the best I've ever used.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

The best rated primer at MakeupAlley.com is Urban Decay Primer Potion. Out of over 1,500 people, it has a 91% approval rating.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^^ L Mercier secret camo and secret concealer are great. Go one shade darker than you think you need. I also use LM secret eye brightening powder by my eyes, it really works great over concealer.

a primer is usually colorless, so it may not help anything visually.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I love the one by Shishido...under foundation.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I tried the Smashbox in the store and didn't like it. Same with Mercier, the Spackle is it? No, wasn't good for me.

I don't think it's a real makeup primer but I'm addicted to Estee Lauder's Idealist Refinishing Serum. Really works. Smooths out skin, very light, no grease.

I like LM products, but they don't all agree with me. I love her glitter tho -- it is so subtle with just a hint of sparkle.

I've heard nothing, but good stuff about the Urban Decay Primer Potion as a product. However, their packaging REALLY needs to be reworked. It's in a really odd shaped tube. I found a link of someone who actually cut their tube open to see how much was left once they thought they had emptied it out. It's absolutely insane how much product was still in there.

Urban Decay Primer Potion - "To Slice or Not to Slice, That is the Question?" | urban decay primer potion | teamsugar - Women's Social Network & Community.

^OMG that's shocking how much was still in there!

Thank you, everyone, for these suggestions! I think I'll check out the eye brightener powder too.
    Last edited by Tati; March 27th, 2008 at 06:57 PM.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I'm tempted to try one of these after hearing so much good stuff about them.. or maybe I'll just have my face lasered to perfection; there is a laser for that, right?

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I use MAC primer, and it works pretty well. Next, I'm going to try Estee Lauder, because I have a lot of their products and love everything except for the mascara.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Estee Lauder and MAC are the same I bet their primers are quite similar.

Zee

I love the UD primer and just threw one away. Never thought to slice it open to check. Now, I'm mad.

I get samples of many of the Estee lauder brands and do like the Idealist primer. It just lays down a nice silky feel. Foundation flows on better and lasts longer.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information