Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a facial moisturizer?

Default Recommend a facial moisturizer?

The harsh winter air has been wreaking havoc on my skin, my face in particular. Lately I've been breaking out in the T-zone and flaking everywhere else. What are some of your favorite facial creams/lotions/moisturizers? I need some good recommendations...I am willing to spend a little extra $$$ for good quality products.

Thanks guys!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

My dermatologist recommended Eucerin (sunblock 30) and Cetaphil for my face. I've had great luck with both. Cetaphil is a much deeper moisturizer. I also use the Cetaphil wash on my face.

Everything did just as well as the more expensive stuff he could have recommended.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I recommend Mary Kay Timewise Moisturizer for dry skin. I use it as my basic year-round moisturizer. I can get those fine bumps on my cheeks that are a dry skin problem. I have never had any since I started using this several years ago.
    TimeWise® Age-Fighting Moisturizer (Normal/Dry)

In the winter, I sometimes use MK Oil Free Hydrating Gel. I can get breakouts in my chin area so this is moisturizing but not too much to cause breakouts in my oily areas.

Oil-Free Hydrating Gel (Normal/Oily Skin)

For uber dry, I have used this before too:
    Intense Moisturizing Cream (Dry Skin)

If you can't tell, I really like Mary Kay moisturizers. They work for me. Everyone's skin is different but I think, for the money, you are getting good quality product and the jars aren't tiny little things.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

avène eau thermale. their products are amazing. my dermatologist was the one that recommended i start using avène (or la roche posay but i don't like their products as much)
    i have normal-to-oily extremely sensitive skin and the only moisturiser that has worked really well for me is avène hydrance optimale légère
    they sell in the US now, you should check them out: Eau Thermale Avene - Hydrotherapy and skincare dedicated to sensitive skin

not too expensive either. over here, they're more expensive than the drugstore stuff and cheaper than the high-end brands (estée lauder, clinique, etc).

from your description it sounds like your skin could be dehydrated. you should try the hydrance optimale, either the rich one or the light one depending on your skin type.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Try Nuxe for size.
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Thanks you guys! I appreciate the feedback. I will be surfing the web tonight for the products.

Dove, I have used Mary Kay in the past, but something about their products do not agree with my skin. I LOVE the Time Wise facial cleanser, but the moisturizer stings my face.

I LOVE this mask to re-moisturize winter skin. Its so rich and amazing. L'occitane also makes a honey moisturizing cream but I can't seem to find it, so maybe it was discontinued: L'OCCITANE en Provence - Honey Comfort Mask - Treatments - Skincare - Usage

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    Thanks you guys! I appreciate the feedback. I will be surfing the web tonight for the products.

Dove, I have used Mary Kay in the past, but something about their products do not agree with my skin. I LOVE the Time Wise facial cleanser, but the moisturizer stings my face.
    You know, they did change some of their formulas a few years ago. I just loved their eye moisturizer until they changed the formula. Suddenly my eyes would just swell up when I used it. So annoying.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    The harsh winter air has been wreaking havoc on my skin, my face in particular. Lately I've been breaking out in the T-zone and flaking everywhere else. What are some of your favorite facial creams/lotions/moisturizers? I need some good recommendations...I am willing to spend a little extra $$$ for good quality products.

Thanks guys!
    it's a lot of work but...Oil Control hydrator for the t-zone (Clinique) and any regular oil based for the cheeks.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Thanks again everyone! I will definitely be looking into things tomorrow during my break at work.

A*O

I have the T-zone problem too so I can't use anything too thick and claggy. I've tried them all and still go back to Clinique Visible Difference. It's a lotion rather than a cream and is absorbed very quickly without that horrible oily residue that some creams leave. Not the cheapest but by no means the most expensive either. It's also good if you are prone to breakouts or have sensitive skin.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I have a crazy oily t-zone and dry cheeks and with the crazy amount of stuff I put on my face to combat clogged pores... ugh... for over a month now I've been using the Burt's Bees Milk & Honey lotion on my face. A little goes a very long way and I haven't had any breakouts from it and my skin just seems happier in general. You should definitely check it out.

^^^I've heard many good things about Bert Bees products. I'm going to check some of them out.

Right now, i'm using Tea Tree matte moisturizer from The body shop. Its awesome. Absorbs great and feels clean throughout the day.

I just bought my second bottle of Oil of Olay's REGENERIST DEEP HYDRATION REGENERATING CREAM. It's good stuff. Feels really smoothy and silky on.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

I've tried alot of moisturizers, but always come back to Moisture 24 by Avon. It seems to be the only one that my very sensitive skin totally approves-- it puts an end to the flaking and does not clog my pores at all. Heavy enough for dry winter skin, yet light enough to use in summer. I can make a jar last quite a while by applying it while my fingers are damp, this it helps it spread and absorb better too.

Runs about $10, but they often have buy-one-get-one-free specials.

Anyway, I highly recommend it!

I'm also a fan of all natural products: in a pinch do a good exfoliation with some brown sugar on a damp face, then do a light application of extra virgin olive oil, or with my favorite, unrefined virgin coconut oil. Of course the olive oil is usually easier to come by, so that's why I recommend it first. Just be sure to have your hair pulled back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information