Thread: L'Oreal Microdermabrasion Kit

Default L'Oreal Microdermabrasion Kit

I asked this question in another thread but everyone has probably already read it to death so I'm not expecting anyone to see it. So, I thought I'd start a new thread.

Has anyone tried the L'Oreal Microdermabrasian Kit? I've been tempted to try it for ages but I'm a bit scared since it seems full on. Have you tried it, and did you find it effective? Or perhaps there is another alternative brand I can try? Any thoughts and suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I have used the Oil of Olay kit and I really liked the results. I try to do it every 2 weeks. I does seem to give you a more polished face.

Thanks Sweetie I don't mind some of the Olay products, might be worth a try. Does it leave your skin red for a while after use, and does it feel sensitive? Also, I have a few acne scars and wonder if makes any difference in that area. Actually, I should go look it up

A*O

To be honest if you are planning a microdermabrasion or micropeel or whatever I'd go and have it done by a professional. Those chemicals are pretty full on it has to be done by someone who knows what they are doing.

I had a mircopeel at a local, very reputable, beauty salon and my face erupted into a million tiny blisters. Not their fault, I was allergic to the product (unusual for me), but when I went back with a face like a pizza they were able to go into full damage control and I was fine.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    Thanks Sweetie I don't mind some of the Olay products, might be worth a try. Does it leave your skin red for a while after use, and does it feel sensitive? Also, I have a few acne scars and wonder if makes any difference in that area. Actually, I should go look it up
    No, I have no after effects at all, I only had good results. I have used it for a couple years now and nothing bad has happened. I try to stay out of the sun and use a very high spf lotion for a day or so after using it, since it does leave fresh skin, but other than that I take no precautions.

I just ordered a sample kit from Avon. Can't wait to try it!!

I use the Roc products once a week and I've never had any problems. They are perfectly safe. They give me glowing, smooth skin -- it's a real pick me up on blah winter days.

Thanks for the advice everyone! A*O, I think ultimately you're right, it's best to get this kind of procedure done by a professional. I might try a few of these other products in the meantime and see if they can make a bit of a difference until I can make the time for a full on treatment. I"m a bit scared though after seeing a few horror stories! I guess I wouldn't mind trying the home ones first since they're likely to be less invasive and I can see how my skin reacts to that.

I'll post how it goes when I try each of these products. Any other product suggestions are more than welcome!

I've never used a microdermabrasion kit before but I want to try this out. I'm also trying to rid myself of a few acne scars and my aunt told me about the L'Oreal kit. My cousin uses it for her acne scars and such. So, from what I've heard, it's definitely worth trying.

Thanks Carrie, I might try that one first

I use it and i love it! Of course, probably if you get it done professionally the results would be much better but this is much cheaper and works well. It didnt really erase the acne scars i had but they were less noticeable and faded away the redness i had. My skin was much cleaner and appeared more toned

Thread Information