Thread: L'Oreal Bare Naturale gentle makeup collection

Default L'Oreal Bare Naturale gentle makeup collection

Got a coupon for it today.

No preservatives, fragrance or oil.

I'm curious about this stuff - concealer, bronzer, blush. Since it's powder, how is the coverage?

Obviously a rip-off of Bare Escentuals, no? I'm assuming it's lots cheaper, but is it worth it?

Hi

I've used the powder and I would rate it about 7/10. It comes out kind of blotchy on my face, and the brush isn't the best, I also found in my case the powder was better applied over a tinted moisturizer.

But my skin has always been a little troublesome when it comes to finding the right foundations and powders. So please don't let me put you off completely.

I have heard some really good reviews on it, and a girlfriend of mine uses it and she looks flawless!
    ssabmud

Good tip on the moisturizer - thank you. Sounds like a fair rating you gave it - since it isn't too expensive, might be worth a shot. Thanks again.

^^I've tried it and liked it; my only complaint was that my shade must have been very popular, because I would have a hard time finding that particular shade at the store. Another option would be Physican's Formula mineral makeup; I've used the pressed powder and loose powder type, and they cover really well.
    Mineral wear - Talc free mineral make up for sensitive or breakout prone skin at PhysiciansFormula.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Physican's Formula mineral makeup; I've used the pressed powder and loose powder type, and they cover really well.
    Mineral wear - Talc free mineral make up for sensitive or breakout prone skin at PhysiciansFormula.com
    Heh - I've used the mascara and loved it. Thanks for this tip.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Another option would be Physican's Formula mineral makeup; I've used the pressed powder and loose powder type, and they cover really well.
    I've tried it, and I agree the product covers and wears great.

My only problem with it was the shade range. I'm pale, and they didn't have a shade even remotely light or cool enough.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I'm using it right now. It's alright, I have the glow powder, I use it over a moisurizer. I loove the brush.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDoll2025 View Post
    I'm using it right now. It's alright, I have the glow powder, I use it over a moisurizer. I loove the brush.
    Does the glow stuff have glitter or mica in it?
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

I stopped using L'Oreal when I learned that they use lead in some of their products, including their lipstick. There is just no need to put lead in cosmetics any more.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I stopped using L'Oreal when I learned that they use lead in some of their products, including their lipstick. There is just no need to put lead in cosmetics any more.
    PB, do you know which lipstick brands do not contain lead?

For what it's worth from Snopes.com:

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Lead in Lipstick

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    PB, do you know which lipstick brands do not contain lead?
    Quite a few don't. A test of more than a 100 lipsticks of all different brands from drugstore to top drawer discovered quite a few that contained lead. Other cosmetics have also been found to contain lead in independent studies.

Red lipsticks are the worst offenders, and I love red lipstick!

Campaign For Safe Cosmetics: Latest Press Releases

Many lipsticks contain lead, group says - Skin and beauty - MSNBC.com

Science group calls lead in lipstick scare unfounded

Doesn't MAC have a promise to be free of all harmful chemicals and to be cruelty free as well?

Gold Member

I use it and love it. I use the foundation then put the shimmer powder over it. I just tried the Revlon 12hr color stay mineral makeup and it does not work as well. Barely covers unless it's a lot.

I used the L'Oreal for my sisters wedding and not once did I have to reapply. It made me look flawless throughout the day.

Thread Information