Thread: Does Rogaine work? (for women)

Default Does Rogaine work? (for women)

I am experiencing some hair loss, and my doctor recommended Rogaine shampoo. The funny thing is my dermatologist didn't recommend it. She told me there are no products out there guaranteed to work for woman, only men. Has anyone (women) seen good results from it or heard anything about it?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default Re: Does Rogaine work? (for woman)

omg I need the same thing, Im bout to get insurance at work and the first thing I'm doing is seeing a dermo! tell me if you get any good results please!!

Default Re: Does Rogaine work? (for women)

My dermatologist actually prescribed it. She prescribed Rogaine for men too. She said women can still use it, it is just a stronger strength. I'm not really experiencing hair loss though, I just have thin hair. She said Rogaine will make hair grow, but it takes time. She said not to expect any results for at least 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzarelli23 View Post
    My dermatologist actually prescribed it. She prescribed Rogaine for men too. She said women can still use it, it is just a stronger strength. I'm not really experiencing hair loss though, I just have thin hair. She said Rogaine will make hair grow, but it takes time. She said not to expect any results for at least 4 months.
    Cool thanks! Wow your dermatologist seems a lot more helpful than mine

Where exactly is your hair loss? JK
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Im only 19 and Im lossing my hair. Especially in the front, man does it suc. My mom said that it may help you but you might also get more hair in unwanted places also. Im willing to try it but I want someone to tell me how it works for them.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Just thought I'd suggest a couple of things that might help you in addition.

Keep your scalp clean. Dirt can clog up your hair follicles and interfere with blood circulation.

Alopecia Areata (male and female pattern hair loss) is caused mainly by DHT (dihydro-testosterone) attacking anagen hair follicle growth causing insufficient blood supply to the scalp. The other possibility is excessive sebum combined with DHT which causes pore clogging and malnutrition in the hair root resulting in weakening hair growth and miniaturization of the hair follicle eventually leading to hair loss
    http://www.multiflora.co.uk/hair%20f...e%20growth.htm

Take your vitamins

Hair loss occurs when the diet is inadequate in the B vitamins - especially B6, biotin, inositol and folic acid; and the minerals magnesium, sulfur and zinc. The B vitamins, especially B5 (pantothenic acid and B3 (niacin), are especially important for hair growth.
    http://www.holistic-online.com/Remed...-nutrition.htm

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

SVZ

you can try saw palmetto extra, that's a powerful DHT blocker

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

o shit I need to load up on the vitamins! I have a feeling that my Flintstones multivitamins aren't doing enough but seriously; thanks for the help, i'm still gonna get rogaine though as soon as I can.

i've heard that if you stop using rogaine after using it, your hair will fall out (or something negative like that). like, you have to keep using it forever. there is another brand, nioxin, that is good for hair growth that is fine to stop using after awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    i've heard that if you stop using rogaine after using it, your hair will fall out (or something negative like that). like, you have to keep using it forever. there is another brand, nioxin, that is good for hair growth that is fine to stop using after awhile.
    Wow! This is definitely something to look into. Thanks! Like I said my doctor prescribed it(well, it's not really a prescription since it's available in stores but you know what I mean), but this was recently so I never started using it.

Oh, and Fierce---one thing she did say was that you need to be careful when you're applying it. She said the products job is to make hair grow. So if you continually drip it on your shoulder--that's whats going to happen.

And yes, vitamins are good too! Biotin is the way to go!!!!

Thanx Fonz. I have also used sulfur 8 grease which stimulates growth and has a slight menthol smell. I just had to stop using it for a while because my family got tired of me smelling like sulfur.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Thread Information