Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyebrows

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Default Eyebrows

What do you do with your eyebrows? Wax them, tweeze them?
    Does anyone use scissors to cut those longer hairs? I want to do that but I'm kinda scared to mess 'em up!
    I constantly have to adjust them (using fingers, kinda push them upward) cause they fall down and look messy
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Look no further!

I have been doing my own since I was 14. There is a whole world to it!

Some general problems:

Hair underneath and possibly between the brows.

You can pluck, or wax, either is fine. Remember that at first the hair will grow back more, but for me, maybe because I have been doing it so long it does not grow back as much. I find that a really good set of tweezers or Sally Hanson's wax kit for face and bikini area (wax strips) do the job great.

As far as the shape of them, it is really up to you. Don't pluck above the natural form of the brow, unless you have to, this will ruin the natural curve of them and make you look like a drag queen. Don't pluck too much. Same effect will happen.

As far as the shape underneath, start inside and work out. I always start my eyebrow to line up with the inner corner of my eye, and then progress the natural shape outward, making adjustments as I want. As far as the outer side of the eyebrow, it should extend past the outer corner of the eye, if it lines up it just looks silly.

About 3/4 of the way from inside to out, you should imagine where your arch will be, I just pluck a little bit more, one hair at a time (you will see why if you ever mess it up) until the desired acrh is there. Don't over do it or you will look like you are again, a drag queen.

I do use baby scissors or even cuticle scissiors for the longer hairs. I take an old toothbrush (my old trusty in this whole process) and brush the hair straight up, then trim a little off the top, if you over do it, it will look stubbily, and that sucks.

I always clean the area with a cleanser after I am done, and to keep my strays in place I use an eyebrow gel or if I am out, my old toothbrush and some fragrance free hairspray.

If you are still unsure, you can always pay about 15 bucks to get them waxed to get the shape you want then try to maintain at home until you feel more comfortable!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyWifey View Post
    I do use baby scissors or even cuticle scissiors for the longer hairs. I take an old toothbrush (my old trusty in this whole process) and brush the hair straight up, then trim a little off the top, if you over do it, it will look stubbily, and that sucks.

I always clean the area with a cleanser after I am done, and to keep my strays in place I use an eyebrow gel or if I am out, my old toothbrush and some fragrance free hairspray.
    This is what I was looking for
    I'm sorry that you misunderstood me, its not my first time to do them.. it's just that I'm not sure about those longer hairs and should I or shouldn't I cut them with scissors...
    I have been doing mine since I was 14 as well.. hehe.. (I'm 21 now...)
    Thank You AW!

In the persuit of perfect brows, you are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Green-eyed-hottie View Post
    I constantly have to adjust them (using fingers, kinda push them upward) cause they fall down and look messy
    Lol, I do the same thing. I push them up with my fingers a couple times a day when they start feeling like they are falling...I know exactly what you mean.

I wish I had a personal eyebrow-doer. I am soooooo sick of plucking...I basically pluck every day or every other day. I have been plucking for over 10 years...I thought at some point the damn hairs would STOP growing, goddamit!
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

AW
    Algernon- Ohhh.. I am not the only one! Thank You! You have to pluck them every day? Maybe you are breaking them, not plucking their roots? If that is the case- they grow really fast...
    We should try clear mascaras or hair-spray trick to keep 'em up lol

^^^lol, no, I'm pulling them from the root, but not the same hairs each day, kwim? It's like different hairs grow in seemingly overnight. I must tell you that my brows are naturally very thick and very dark (think Ugly Betty thick), so there are a lot of little pesky hairs to contend with. I maintain them (with much work) at about half their normal thickness. My brows are such a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Green-eyed-hottie View Post
    We should try clear mascaras or hair-spray trick to keep 'em up lol
    Been there, done that! I actually did use clear mascara to keep them in line for awhile.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Oh yea! Hair grows in cycles or something like that!
    I'm gonna use scissors to trim mine, and then I'll see if they still keep falling down...
    Do you trim yours or not?

I've decided I want the thicker natural brow because I've been overplucking for years. It's very hard to just let that stubble fill in. I'm going to have to get me an eyebrow pencil in the meantime....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Bronze Member

Whats weird for me is that I used to have to pluck them all the time. Sometimes I overplucked and looked stupid. The weird part is, I haven't had to pluck them in about 5 yrs, they just stopped growing back/in! Now, I'm stuck with the way I plucked them 5 yrs ago. How odd is that?

Go to a salon, it's less than $10.00 to get them waxed. It's well worth it to let a professional do it.

Silver Member

I have been doing my own for years. I have no choice. I will look like Frida Kahlo if I don't. Anyhow, I have thick eyebrows and only tweeze to clean up the shape. I also use an eyebrow brush and comb all the hairs up, then trim them with small scissors. I do go to someone every once in a blue moon. I only trust one lady with them. Eyebrows are very sacred to me. I am scared someone will overpluck them or make them lose their shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Go to a salon, it's less than $10.00 to get them waxed. It's well worth it to let a professional do it.
    Damn, that's a good price. Out here, where I live it averages $20!

I had the most awesome person do my brows before, and then she up and quit! She wanted to go into a new profession. I almost cried. I have a little scar in my eyebrow and she knew how to work with that. Last person I went to "balded" me! Huge chunk, cut right out of the arch...looked like i had two eyebrows over one eye. I fixed it as best as I could at home.

I look bad with thick eyebrows, although, being blonde and having light eyebrows, that's not too much of a problem.

Actually I only pay $7.00, I was just rounding up.

Since I moved to CA, everything as far as personal care is 25 - 50% more than it was in DC or Miami Beach. Except manicures and pedicures. They are cheaper here than they were in Miami Beach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information