Thread: Color Oops, I can't believe I actually used it.

Default Color Oops, I can't believe I actually used it.

So a week ago, I decided out of boredom to color my light brown hair a beautiful shade of medium golden brown. I knew better. I have had dark hair many times. I always hate it. So today after some research I went to Walgreens and bought two boxes of color remover, Color Oops. It's a newer product so that made me a little nervous.

I figured since I've got an appointment to get my hair trimmed tomorrow that I would do the remover today, and then recolor in a day or so, and in the meantime I would deep condition a few times.

It smelled pretty bad, not quite as awful as some of the reviews but not exactly pleasant either. It BUBBLED when I first put it on my head, a bit disconcerting I must say, but I had read about that so I kept on applying. I could tell it was working, saw strands getting lighter as I was waiting for it to process.

After the recommended three washings with 5 minutes of rinsing between each I was very excited to see what had happened.

My hair actually appears to be in great condition. It's still silky soft and I didn't notice any hairloss or breakage. It's like a strawberry blonde color. It claimed to be great at removing all red but I knew better than to expect it to. I plan on putting a Medium Ash Blonde on it on Sunday, because I know it will grab the color and turn out darker than what's on the box.

I'm actually really excited about this. Definitely not something I would recommend doing often but if you really hate your color, and your hair is in decent shape I would think about it.

Btw, it said if you did it within 48 hrs. of coloring it would work the best. I did it after about 1 week and it turned out pretty well.

Man, you are one brave babe!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I am a beauty school drop-out. I know just enough to get myself into hair trouble and then dig myself out. LOL

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Color oops; color fix all that fun stuff... smells like nasty perm solution.

The smell took about 3 days to really go away. My hair feels wonderful now that it's colored. I'm so glad I used that stuff. I'm much happier with my color now.

Thread Information