Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best product for crispy ends?

Default Best product for crispy ends?

I color my hair pretty regularly. I had highlights and then decided I wanted to go brown again. I have very silky hair except for the last about 1/2". I'm trying to grow it out so I really don't want to get a trim until late August when I have to go back to work.

I've been trying to take good care of it, gentle shampoo, good conditioner, minimal hair dryer if any. Does anyone know of a good deep conditioner that won't break the bank? Dove used to make these awesome one use tubes that came in a four pack but I can't find them anymore.

Any input would be very appreciated. Btw, I don't have any split ends they just feel thick and a little crunchy.

A*O

Only half an inch? Cut it off. Seriously. You can't mend fried ends with product. It will have grown back by August.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Only half an inch? Cut it off. Seriously. You can't mend fried ends with product. It will have grown back by August.
    100% CORRECT!!!Give up and get a trim before it splits up to your noggin!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A trim will be your best bet. Hair grows 1/2" per month, so you'll have it back in no time.

Some things to try:

1.) While your hair is damp, take a couple of drops of extra virgin olive oil (a little bit goes a looong way) and rub between your fingers. Then smooth on the ends of your hair. The oil will help to seal in much needed moisture.

Coconut oil works even better-- preferably virgin (unrefined) though it can be harder to find. You can find regular refined coconut oil in the baking and/or health food section of your grocery store. Will still give nice results.

2.) When you wash your hair, keep the shampoo off those crunchy ends. First coat the ends with conditioner-- this will protect them from any shampoo that lathers down as you wash your scalp/upper parts of your hair.

3.) Put a couple of teaspoons of honey (any kind, even the cheap stuff) in with your regular conditioner. Honey is a natural humectant-- it draws moisture into the hair. It will NOT make your hair sticky at all, and will easily rinse out along w/ the conditioner.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Get a trim. If you don't, you risk split ends that could go further up the hair shaft.

Try some Dumb Blonde conditioner by Bedhead. It is in a silver tube and you can buy it from stylists, Trade Secret, or on Amazon. About once every two weeks, or weekly if you are using a lot of heat on your hair, work some of this into the ends and put a plastic bag on your hair. Wear it for about an hour and rinse out with cool water.

I color my hair and this product kept my hair in good shape when it was longer.

Thanks. I'll probably just get it trimmed and then maintain it with your recommendations. It's the longest it's been in about 8 years and I'm having a hard time parting with it. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by *blink* View Post
    Thanks. I'll probably just get it trimmed and then maintain it with your recommendations. It's the longest it's been in about 8 years and I'm having a hard time parting with it. I appreciate it.
    Remember-that stuffs already dead-keep the good-junk the bad! Off you go!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm glad you are going for some slight snippage. Your hair will thank you! I like sweetness' recommendations, I am going to try them myself!

Biosilk - Silk Therapy, this product is my HG it's the best thing every invented, you can use it on wet and dry hair, it makes your hair feel so soft and silky. I trim my hair every two months in the summer because I live on the beach and the saltwater/sun damage my hair. Within one week my ends dry out from the damage. This product is my savior. It's quite pricey but I recommend it 100%

Scissors.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Pocahontas13 View Post
    Biosilk - Silk Therapy, this product is my HG it's the best thing every invented, you can use it on wet and dry hair, it makes your hair feel so soft and silky. I trim my hair every two months in the summer because I live on the beach and the saltwater/sun damage my hair. Within one week my ends dry out from the damage. This product is my savior. It's quite pricey but I recommend it 100%
    I'm a Biosilk fan as well. Did a lot for my frizzies but it's pricey. It can get oily at times though. is it good for your hair? I worried it would dry my hair out even though it's silky while it's in my hair.

My hairdresser just gave me samples of Biolage, which you rinse out. That makes a difference with shine.

When I had ends that I wouldn't cut but were icky, I "healed" them a bit with daily Infusium leave-in conditioner so it didn't look like hell. Cutting them, of course, was the answer.

scissors.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Hit By Ban Bus!

Combination of scissors (good ones) and Kerastase. Swear by both.

My new favorite product for ends is Karite by Rene Furterer. I love this stuff. The leave in conditioner is amazing, too. It's called Okara. Love this stuff. You can get it at beauty supply shops and at Sephora.

I love Kerastase, too

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hey, always open to new suggestions! Especially one that doesn't cost $35 through eBay. Takes too long to get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information