Thread: Lip lines/wrinkles advice needed

Default Lip lines/wrinkles advice needed

I am looking for a product to reduce the vertical lines beginning to appear on my top lip! It's beginning to look like I am a "smoker". These lines just became noticeable in the last year (I'm 44).

I searched threads but came up with nothing, so sorry if this brings up an old subject.

Any great advice out there?

Yes-see a good Dermotoligst. They have stuff to help. And see them first, before you waste lots of money!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Lil

Only thing I've tried is Bliss Spiff Upper Lip, but I bought that because it lightens the little hairs on your top lip. It is supposed to help with fine lines too but I don't know if it works.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

A*O

As far as I know this is a tricky problem to fix. Go and see a dermatologist by all means, or perhaps a properly qualified beauty therapist (but don't let her sell you expensive crap unless she can prove to you that it works). These things tend to be genetic I think.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

but don't let her sell you expensive crap unless she can prove to you that it works
    Good advice. Maybe you can ask for some samples? Just so you know you are not allergic to the product and can see if it works.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Thanks for the advice ladies!

I made the mistake of buying a couple different products that haven't worked at all, and it's getting frustrating.
    The lip lines are aging my face more than anything!

Research online and see what you're interested in doing and what you'd be able to spend. There's a great site called: "Yes, they're fake" which reviews procedures, products and has feedback from members. I have a small line in my middle lip that I'm going to get some filler in. Maybe Restalyne. If you have a lot of lines, you can get a chemical peel done in that area. Depending on how deep they are will determine what kind of peel you should get.

I got a light peel a few years ago just to even out my skin tone and for light lines. It was great. But you absolutely have to stay out of the sun and give up smoking. I never smoked though.

OTC products can only do so much. Retin-A products (They are prescription) can minimize, but again it depends how deep your lines are. I use Renova and a Vitamin C that I got from my PS.

Anyway research and see a reputable professional. Let us know what you do!

^^I've never smoked, but I do tan ocassionally. I just started using a SPF on my lips (bad that I hadn't before, I know..)

I'll look into more info online, thanks!

Thread Information