Thread: Skin doctors' Vein Away Plus

Default Skin doctors' Vein Away Plus

Has anyone tried this and had any success? My mother just purchased some for her spider veins and hand veins (yes kind of like Angelina's but not as bad yet).

I have started to notice a few spider veins on my legs too. Short of surgery (I don't want), has this cream worked for anyone?

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I'm not optimistic that any topical product will relieve those. I wish they did, but i'm looking into laset or saline injections for my spider veins.

I haven't tried creams, but did try the saline injections. I had a spot on my thigh the size of a quarter. I've heard many reasons for getting these, crossing your legs, trauma to being hereditary.

The injection worked okay, not amazing results. New ones popped up and I just learned to live with the little things. They are easy to cover up with foundation if you wear shorts or a skirt.

Thanks for your replies. Yeah I am doubtful about it working wonders either. Oh well there are probably worse things to worry about than spider veins.

Oh btw, can I ask how much surgery cost? (just in case you know!)

Not sure about laser surgery, but the saline injections were around $250 per vial. I had 4 spiders zapped and no more than one vial was used.

If you do the saline route, I would recommend doing it before summer. I had to wear an Ace bandage for a few days and there was brusing afterwards for a couple weeks.

^^Thanks for the info BIAB!

You're welcome! Let us know if the cream works.

I've had saline injections in my legs with excellent results. I use to go every two weeks through the winter to have them done but wearing the ace bandages for 3 days can be bothersome. Now that it's really cold out I may start them again. I kinda miss my "therapist" nurse that did my injections she was awesome. My insurance covers them which surprised me because it seems cosmetic to me, but hey it's was cover so why not. It was $!80 a visit. I really doubt a cream could do anything for them & my injector lady told me laser won't help them. She would do laser on the face for spider veins but not on the legs. My legs aren't all that bad but after 30 yrs. of being on my feet & two childbirths (not sure if that contributes) but it was free for me so why not.

Eeep my skin is so fine that I can just see the beginning of a few on my face. Very faint though.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Not sure about laser surgery, but the saline injections were around $250 per vial. I had 4 spiders zapped and no more than one vial was used.

If you do the saline route, I would recommend doing it before summer. I had to wear an Ace bandage for a few days and there was brusing afterwards for a couple weeks.
    Thanks for the info. I am luck enough to have a flawless fair complexion except for a few broken capillaries around my nose. I want them gone!! Many days I would do without foundation altogether were it not for those. It pisses me off when others say they can hardly see them because I see them and it bothers me. I try to keep it in perspective, though, because I need to appreciate that there are people suffering from real disfigurements that would give anything to trade places for just a few red spots. Same goes for the few spiders on my upper thighs. If I lost one of those legs I'd sell my soul to have it back spider veins and all. My bf is a nurse and her poor legs look like a road map. I had a really cute friend who had a huge brown birthmark that was about the size of a silver dollar and it took years of various treatments to get it off. Of course that was back in the 80's before all the genius methods we have now.

I really like being fair skinned because it looks classy and elegant most of the time (and stands out in a sea of fake tans). I like that I heal very well from burns/scars, etc. But God! Everything stands out when you are light and your skin seems thin. I bruise like a motherfucker and if I scratch an itch I get red whelps that look like I got into a fight with a tiger. I wonder if I get the saline inj on my nose will that bruise badly,too, or will the doc use the laser (and is that more expensive?) I can't handle that kind of major bruisng on my face and I can't go around in a ski mask all summer.

Thread Information