Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Bare Minerals users?

Default Any Bare Minerals users?

I get hooked on that segment whenever it is on QVC. DOes anyone use it? Do you like it?

Well, I don't, but my friend's mom does. It looks a little heavy on her... she does the whole thing, with the concealer and the foundation and the mineral veil. It's a little mask-like, IMO. And she says that it feels heavy. She likes the foundation alone, but it doesn't give that perfect, finished look by itself. At least on her.

Default Re: Any Bare Minerals users?

I can't imagine that it would work well if your skin was flaky or not perfectly smooth...it would settle in the cracks and divots, wouldn't it?

[Edit:] I just went to Sephora yesterday and bought some Bare Minerals. Just the foundation and kabuki brush (I don't use bronzer, plus my colour (fair) didn't come in the kit). It actually looked very nice; matched my skintone better than anything else (still a bit too pink, though, and I was surpised that my colour was the lightest shade they make) and blended well. You can use more than one layer for more/less coverage and it makes a great concealer as well. It took about 5 minutes of application to make me look far less red and far more polished. However, after 3-4 hours it was starting to settle into the cracks and look dry. I think more moisurizer base would help prevent that. I only hope I will be able to "tap, swirl, and buff" as well as the makeup artist. :\

I don't like the way the makeup looks on the models in the tv ads or on OVC, so I definitely wouldn't purchase it.

i liked it ok, but it did feel heavy on my face...the brushes are great....but i still prefer studio fix by mac....great coverage and all you use is the sponge...

I use the foundation as a concealor and I like it.
    I get bored with everything though but I would still recommend it.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I don't use that particular mineral product, but I bought the Jane Iredale version this summer and quite like it. The coverage isn't as good as they claim, but it's great for summer. It gives a very smooth polished look and I haven't had any trouble with dryness -- you have to use a good-quality moisturizer under any makeup -- but I like more coverage in the winter so I wear it over light foundation.

It's expensive, but lasts a long time. I've used Studio Fix since it came on the market and still like it, but a change is always good once in a while.

Use it, love it, and I look great. Plus I find it very fast to put on

I have been using "Bare Escentuals" for a few months now.There is much I love about it, and much I don't. I still need to use alittle foundation underneath. Without, it looks cakey and makes pores I didn't even know I had look huge. If I use it near my undereye area, yikes. It absolutely does cover up redness and other discolorations. But used alone as per the directions, I am Kabooki like. So after many adjustments, I am happy with the routine I've formulated. But it was totally not the end all solution I had hoped it would be. I just saw the Leeza Gibbons version of Min. Makeup and checked out the ratings of it on Home Shopping Net. and I would say, try Bare Escentuals over it.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Many people use a foundation primer, like Smashbox, underneath. It helps prevent the settling effect into crevices and pores.

I use this instead of foundation and find it to be really natural and comfortable. It's better if you don't need a lot of coverage but if done properly, it doesn't look like you have any make-up on at all. I never use the kabuki brush because it becomes much too heavy and settles into the lines of my face. Using a lighter brush and then a concealer brush for trouble areas, I get perfect natural coverage and I'll actually forget I have a considerable amount of make-up on.

I'm rather intrigued by Bare Escentuals, but a little afraid to try it, as I have oily but sensitive skin. Is it ok for people with skin like mine?

Zee

Eddie- I have similar skin and the product is not an irritant for me. It's essentially tinted titanium dioxide powder.

Keep trying to like the product but still don't. Look in the mirror and see all of my flaws. Which are supposed to be hidden by foundation.

The mineral veil is good- it reminds me of CornSilk powder from years ago. Have to see if that product is still on the market.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Use bisque under the foundation as a concealer. It covers all my blemishes (if I got them that is) LOL
    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2220_1.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information