Thread: Roc's Renewex home microdermabrasion kit

Default Roc's Renewex home microdermabrasion kit

I bought this a couple of weeks ago because it was on sale at Shopper's Drug mart for $35 for the applicator and the cream, which is finely granulated aluminium oxide microcrystals used by dermatologists (or so they claim).

So far, I absolutely love it. I've used it four times -- twice weekly as recommended, although I've used less product than what the instructions say -- and my skin is glowing and healthy. This despite that I've been swamped with work, over tired and haven't seen the sun in ages.

You apply it to a sponge on the head of a small, battery-run, hand-held applicator and move it gently over your face for one or two minutes. I also did it on my neck and decollatage, but probably won't do that too often. The applicator has two speeds. I usually start on the lower speed and then switch to the higher one. I never experienced any redness or discomfort -- I think this is a great product and much cheaper than going out to have it done.

I'm not certain that the applicator is really helpfull - I use the L'Oréal micodermabraison product and it seems to work as well

I think it works, for me anyway, because it distributes the product deeper and more evenly than I could do by hand.

Ooh, thanks, PB! I'm interested in picking up a microdermabrasion product but had no idea which ones would work as they claim. I'll look for this one.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

WOW! Great price.
    I might have to try it.
    Does it work on sun spots?
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I don't know. I have a few and I think that over time it will lighten them. I'm not sure if you will find the product this cheap -- I basically got the applicator for free. But I'm sure there are deals online.

I have a Shopper's right next door - I'm not in a hurry, I'll just camp it till I see it on sale. My skin is all right and still "young", but it's not the most even complexion. Could use a little fine-tuning.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Hit By Ban Bus!

has anyone tried the neostrata dermabrasion or peel? im really tempted to try it, but dont know what it will do. im this close to going to get my face professionally peeled or sloughed. i have little teeny wrinkles and light acne scarring on my cheeks, oh and big pores yuck.

PB - how goes the microdermabrasion? I bought the Loreal kit just before Christmas. No applicator, unfortunately. I've been using it two - three times per week since then, and I'm noticing quite the difference now. Nice, soft, younger looking skin I have an age spot that seems more noticable now, though. I think it might be from our lack of sun, though. My skin's whiter, so the spot is more noticeable.

Thread Information