Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What kind of skincare are you loving right now?

Default What kind of skincare are you loving right now?

This doesn't happen often but I am at the bottom of my face moisturizer. It was Tatcha's The Silk Cream, which I feel like is right in between their The Dewy Skin and their The Water Cream. I find the Dewy Skin one too much and The Water Cream doesn't do enough. I use their eye serum too, which I'm okay with but would try something else if it was suggested. I don't mind repurchasing Tatcha products, just checking to see if someone else is using something else that they love. I have very dry skin, especially in the winter.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

I've heard really good things about thishttp://https://www.sephora.com/produ...-serum-P449180 and it's on my list of things to get next and I am thining about this Peter Thomas Roth stuff because the deal is amazing and I am a sucker for discounts on skin care . I use a lot of Tatcha too and I kind Kate Somerville works really well with it too ,I like the mostirizer with Vitam C

https://www.katesomerville.com/us/en...zer/10269.html

https://www.peterthomasroth.com/labordaysale/

And Farmacy is really nice too and they are having a sale and I going to pick up the new acid toner because I am getting texture all around my jaw line from mask

https://www.farmacybeauty.com/

i've never managed to have a skincare routine. maybe i should because i have dry skin, and sometimes i buy some product that i use for a while but it doesn't stick. and sometimes i make some clay face mask and exfoliate my body with rice flour and liquid soap, but i wouldn't call it routine honestly.
    but i also don't wear make up and i usually wash my face at night with a gently soap.

i'm now suffering a lot because it's winter here and very dry and i like my showers very hot, so my hands and lips are super dry. i have cuts all over my knuckles (i bike to work and that's not helping) and my upper lip. i'm using burt's bees lip balm and its amazing, i bought the one that comes in a tin. for my hands i apply baby cream like the one you would use for diaper rash (here it's call hipoglos).

sorry i couldn't be of any help, Nevan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    This doesn't happen often but I am at the bottom of my face moisturizer. It was Tatcha's The Silk Cream, which I feel like is right in between their The Dewy Skin and their The Water Cream. I find the Dewy Skin one too much and The Water Cream doesn't do enough. I use their eye serum too, which I'm okay with but would try something else if it was suggested. I don't mind repurchasing Tatcha products, just checking to see if someone else is using something else that they love. I have very dry skin, especially in the winter.
    So is the eye cream not worth it? I have it in my Sephora cart but am leery of spending $60 on one product

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post

That's so funny. i just saw the title of the thread and thought, ooh, I gotta tell them about Tatcha. I got some in my Ipsy box last year and it is one of the few big items that I went ahead and purchased. I love the Water Cream and their Dewy Skin Cream so I really need to try the Silk. I tend to prefer the water cream though as it's the lighter feeling of the bunch. I love the cleanser that comes with the water cream too. I'm usually too cheap (and too inconsistent with face care) to spend money on the big name brands but I really adored the samples I got so I had to splurge. There are a couple of others from the Ipsy box that I wound up splurging on and buying the big size.

This Clarins night cream smells amazing and leave my skin so soft when I wake up in the morning. I'll try to exfoliate before hand and then put this on. It's so relaxing too.

https://www.sephora.com/product/mult...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

And my current favorite is this exfoliator. Vasanti's Brighten Up exfoliating face wash. My skin is such a combo and it will be oily one day and crazy dry and flaky the next. The Tatcha cream and cleanser does wonders for this when I'm consistent, but sometimes I just need to a scrub to get the dead skin cells off and attack some brown spots that starting to crop up. This thing feels like a microdermabrasion with the little microcrystals in it. It's amazing.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004V9QP0A...v_ov_lig_dp_it

This peel I also tend to ration because it is sooo good but expensive to me. I have just a couple of really flake dry spots in two areas on my face. A teeny tiny eraser sized amount massaged into those spots and poof they are super smooth again.

https://www.amazon.com/Real-Chemistr...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

ETA:
    Oh, and if you are a super cheap bitch like me, I also adore this stuff that I get from Wal-Mart. I really need a light moisturizer for my face and this is what I used before I got the Tatcha and still when I'm trying to ration the Tatcha. The gel really feels so good.

https://www.amazon.com/Garnier-SkinA...=pantry&sr=8-6
    Last edited by OrangeSlice; September 4th, 2020 at 12:01 PM.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I decided to try out The Ordinary a couple of months ago and I LOVE it. And I’m not someone who can easily switch products because I have combination skin that’s also super sensitive and products for oily skin are too aggressive but most sensitive skin products seem to be formulated for dry skin.

I use Buffet as a serum all over my face, neck and chest, the caffeine solution around my eyes, and follow that up with the moisturizer (Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA) on face, neck and chest. It goes on super rich at first which kind of freaked me out the first time because I hate it when creams don’t absorb and sit on your face like an oily film but this gets sucked up in seconds and leaves your face feeling very moisturized and elastic.
    I’ve been too scared to try some of the more aggressive anti-ageing acids but I think I’m going to take the plunge. I also want to try their sunscreen but it’s always sold out.

i wear sunscreen year round and i really love the tinted 50SPF BB cream from kiehls. it's only lightly tinted so it doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation, and it absorbs beautifully (even though it's the third layer after the serum and moisturiser) and prevents shine.

i mostly have a routine but I’m not religious about it. I only wash my face once a day, in the shower, and follow it up with everything I just listed. But at night I usually just remove make up and clean my face with micellar water (bioderma for sensitive skin and it’s amazing and like 13$ for a bottle that lasts at least 6 months) and follow that up with serum and moisturiser or just moisturiser if I’m lazy. Unless I forget and go to bed and wake up with mascara smudges on my pillow.
    Last edited by sputnik; September 4th, 2020 at 08:28 PM.
    funky_chicken likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I've tried so many creams but always go back to Estee Lauder Daywear. It's great as a makeup base too. So many creams separate when you try to put foundation on top.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

czb

i don't use anything during the day but sunscreen. every day.

at night, i've rotated using different things. this week, i'm trying strivectin. i like it so far.

Egyptian Magic! I love that stuff, even though I walk around with a face smeared in grease. But working from home nobody sees me. I don't wear it every day, maybe twice a week, but my skin has come through the dry winter in pretty good shape.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I love Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream, but I only need to use it it the winter. I use CeraVe Daily moisturizing lotion for normal to dry skin the rest of the seasons. It's not heavy and works well under my makeup. I've tried so many creams that don't look good under my foundation and sunscreen.
    rollo likes this.

^ That's the issue with day creams unless you are not going to bother with makeup.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

At the moment, I am obsessed with Sunday Riley. I use the auto correct eye cream, good genes lactic acid and the ceo moisturiser. My dry skin is loving it!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I've done a lot of research and found an easy routine. I've also gone as clean beauty & makeup as possible. Less for topical skin issues and more for the inside with regard to toxins and heavy metals. No vitamin C, no squalane, no super heavy plants because they all caused my skin to purge when it didn't need to. No fragrance and no essential oils, no parabens. The better the price, the more I'll use the products.

I had read and saw Youtube videos on First Aid Beauty and I loved the ingredients. I needed a super rich moisturizer and I love the First Aid Beauty Ultra Hydration. Super thick and creamy. My skin is so dry that those creamy gel types don't do a thing. Their creamy cleanser is good too, I had a sample to try. They have a creamy mask which I tried. I'm not much of a mask person but I would buy that one.

I've been using the Ordinary serums and I love them.

Here's my latest: This is a very big bottle for $15. Creamy and leaves dry skin soft.

The Ordinary:
    Niacinimide
    The Buffet
    Reservatrol/Ferulic Acid
    Matryxl

First Aid Beauty
    https://www.firstaidbeauty.com/skin-...SABEgLnqvD_BwE

(take a look at their entire line). Their eye creams and Coconut water based cream are supposed to be very hydrating.

https://www.sephora.com/brand/first-...uct_link_brand

Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator (once per week)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052P0YLI...5&ref=aa_scomp

I bought a kit from QVC of Josie Maran a while ago which has lasted a long time. Her Argan oil mixed with previous moisturizers really went a long way for night time. Her Whipped Argan Oil in a jar is super rich before bed.

I was given this Shiseido sunscreen because my friend had two, it's $40. It has that yummy Coppertone beach smell, and fragrance is a no no and it's got talc so I gave it back to my friend.

palta likes this.

I was trying to reply to each of you, but I would have been quoting the whole page!

First Aid Beauty was strongly encouraged to me by a dermatologist after my fire to treat the burns on my face (I damaged my moisture barrier?). It was great and did it's job (and just to note, this is when the brand was in its infancy and only had a handful of items) but after my skin got back to mostly normal, I didn't feel like it had any anti-aging benefits so I switched.

Chozen1, I have that Farmacy acid toner on my list. I too get skin rashes just from wearing a face mask for just an hour or so. I'm thinking of trying to get a sample of it (I don't think Sephora is doing samples right now, right?) because I have super sensitive and dry skin. Acids, even ones good for you, usually flare up my skin. It does sound good though!

I've tried almost all of PTR stuff. The last one I tried was their hyaluronic line, which worked well for a while, and then I noticed my skin looked rash-y and was stinging a bit. I couldn't understand because hyaluronic acid is very hydrating. I found a few articles that said that it's best not put hyaluronic directly on the skin, but it should go on top of your serum or moisturizer (the PTR line had HA in their toner, serum, moisturizer), so I just moved along. I have so many discarded (but not thrown away) skin care lines.

Palta, don't be sorry! I have dry skin too and it sucks. I hope you find something you like!

I have all three of the Water Cream, the Dewy Cream and the Silk Cream. I'm really dry but I find the Dewy Cream too much. I use it once in a while. The Water Cream does almost nothing for my dryness. The Silk Cream works best for me, but I apply a good 2+ layers on if I'm wearing makeup that day. It reminds me of the Shiseido cream I used to use.

Josie Maran, I have issues with. The first thing I tried from her was the intensive hand cream in Apricot. Omg, that stuff is amazing and I still use it. Her site was having a big holiday sale so ordered the jumbo body lotion in the same scent. I put it on and got rashes and hives wherever it was on my body. I was being hardheaded about it because I wanted to love it and I had no reaction to the hand cream, but after the third or fourth rash/hive episode, I gave it to my best friend who loves it. So now I'm afraid to use anything of hers.

My face HATES sunscreen in cream or makeup form. I get pimples and rashes from it. I never wear sunscreen on my face but I'm very rarely in the sun and if I am, it's under an umbrella. I know quite a few people that have the same reaction from sunscreen on the face.

I would love to try The Ordinary and I always tell anyone here that mentions it that I know so many people that love it and I really haven't heard any bad reviews (except for the occasional person that has an allergic reaction to it and then blames the company/product). But quite honestly, it intimidates me. I don't know what to use, what to stay away from.

Tatcha has two different eye creams, one in a pot and one in a tube with a ceramic applicator at the end. I use the one in the tube. I use too much though ... I literally have dry eyelids (just in the past year or so) and even the skin under my eyebrows is flaky dry. So I put the eye cream around my entire eye and into the brow. It has lasted surprisingly long. I still use and I love it. I just expect way too much from my eye creams. I want it to suck the wrinkles and eye bags out and to make my dark under eye circles disappear. Nothing does that. Would I recommend their eye cream (the one in the tube, I've never tried the one in the pot)? Absolutely. Just don't expect it to make you look like you're 20 again!

I did try two Sunday Riley products a couple of years ago and I think they were cult classics. One was the Good Genes. I think the other was Luna but I can't sure. I was totally unimpressed and I returned them not long after purchase.

I think for now I'm going to stick with Tatcha and maybe throw in something else here and there. Like I said in my OP, it is so rare for me to reach the end of a tube or jar. I like to try new things, but in reality Tatcha has worked pretty well for me.

One thing I did want to mention. I have tried sooooo many primers over the years. I do have pores that need filling but most of the ones that do that also make my dry skin so bad that my makeup makes me look awful. Many years ago, before primers were really a thing, some MUAs were suggesting using Monistat Anti-Chafing Powder Gel as a primer. When I first used it, it was amazing, my skin looked almost perfect ... but this was at least 15 years ago and my skin is very, very different now (mostly from stress!!). I decided to pick up a tube and have been using it since. It makes puffiness disappear, it fills pores beautifully and even helps not to take the makeup off underneath my sunglasses nose bridge. I don't think I'll ever use anything else again. And it's like $7!!! It's very silicone-y which works best for me, but if you don't like that kind of look, you might not love this as much as I do. It reminds me of the original pore minimizer primer from Smashbox, one of the first primers on the market.
    choozen1ne and OrangeSlice like this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I decided to try out The Ordinary a couple of months ago and I LOVE it. And I’m not someone who can easily switch products because I have combination skin that’s also super sensitive and products for oily skin are too aggressive but most sensitive skin products seem to be formulated for dry skin.

I use Buffet as a serum all over my face, neck and chest, micellar water (bioderma for sensitive skin and it’s amazing and like 13$ for a bottle that lasts at least 6 months) .
    I love Ordinary, cheap and seems to work, I use Buffet and also the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5. Want to try the retinol.
    Same for bioderma and even when not wearing make up, I am sometimes grossed out how dirty my skin is at night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information