Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried Bare Escentuals?

Default Has anyone tried Bare Escentuals?

I was really skeptical at first...but my mom got me the starter kit, and ive truly never seen anything like this before. It is a powder, that when applied, looks just like foundation. it covers, undereye circles, blemishes, you name it, with just a sweep of a brush. In addtion, it lasts forever, and unlike foundation, wont come off as soon as you touch ur face...love it

anyone with similar experiences?

Default Re: Has anyone tried Bare Escentuals?

I love it too. But I use very sparingly, or it looks like heavy makeup.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I've been using it for the past six months and love it. I've been tempted to try that RareMinerals Skin Revival Treatment, but it's $60 and I'm a little hesitant. Has anyone tried it yet?
    debauched.

Silver Member
    The First Presleytarian Church Of Elvis The Divine

I like Bare Minerals too, it worked for me as long as I just used just a little...however its just too pricey for me...I use L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral foundation now and it works just as good on me and you can get it at any drug store for about $15.
    How You Durrin ?

I love it, it is amazing..and if you get one of the kids..I think you only have to pay half and can pay the next half in 6 months.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

I will have to try it sometime. I was pretty intrigued when I watched the Bare Escentuals presentations on QVC back in my unemployed days. But I just went on a makeup shopping spree(Bobbi Brown, Lancome, and a little MAC), so I 'd better not buy any more makeup for a while!

I always wanted to try it.
    "Imagination is more important then knowledge..." -Albert Einstein

I'm using the L'Oreal version, too, and really like it. My skin looks good these days because I've used Proactiv for about a year, so I don't know if I would like the powder foundation as much if I had zits or blemishes, but as it is, it's great. When I bought it, I thought I'd use it all up in a couple of weeks, but I've had the same container for, oh, almost 2 months and it looks almost full. Just takes a tiny bit.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Elite Member

If it works for you guys, great, but I know two women at work who use it and their faces always look like shit! They have really greasy, oily skin and I think they use the stuff in lieu of liquid foundation. I don't like how it looks--it looks orangy, bronzy in color and I've seen their makeup bags--jeez, those powders spill because their brushes are always full of dirt and powder. I see them in the restrooms re-applying it and it looks like a mess.

Sounds like your 2 friends aren't doing it right. It is possible to look like that with any makeup. With the kit you buy comes a to go compact . It comes in a little nylon zip up with it's own little brush. Nice , clean and simple. The big brushes that come with the system are too nice to carry around daily in a m/u bag , IMO.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I tried my sisters and loved it. My skin looked great.

I bought my kit in like April or May (the least expensive one they sell) I use it about 5 days a week and still have plenty left. Love this stuff!

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Ohhh..I wanna try it... so, you girls that use it.. what about colors? I mean they only have light,medium,tan,dark (something like that) so how to decide if you are in between??:/
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

When in doubt go medium. If you have darker skin I am not sure. But I have heard that the light is verrrry light. My complexion is light with annoying red cheeks. The medium is perfect for me.

Bronze Member

I tried it, but it made each of my pores look about an inch in diameter! I tried the Pur Minerals and it didn't have the same effect. Maybe the Bare Escentuals is better on younger skin? I'll be 46 in two weeks...
    Bwah!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information