Thread: Clairol Herbal Essences Citrus Lift Product Line Review

Default Clairol Herbal Essences Citrus Lift Product Line Review

Clairol Herbal Essences

Clairol Herbal Essences' advertising has more in common with the famous restaurant scene from the movie When Harry Met Sally than it does with hair care. But when cosmetics advertising works, it really works and Herbal Essences' sales are enormous. Whether or not your love life will improve after—or while you are—washing your hair with any of these overly fragrant shampoos and conditioners (which aren't organic in the least) is something I can't review. However, what I am 100% sure of is that you will not look beautifully coifed like the women in these commercials from using any of these products.

Citrus Lift Fine Hair Uplifting Shampoo ($3.99 for 12 ounces) The grapefruit peel and bergamot oils in this product may get your morning shower off to a zesty start, but with sodium lauryl as of its main detergent cleansing ingredients, this citrus-scented shampoo may be drying to the hair and irritating to the scalp.

Citrus Lift Normal Hair Bodifying Shampoo ($3.99 for 12 ounces) is similar to the Citrus Lift Fine Hair Uplifting Shampoo above, except this one doesn't contain the irritating citrus oils. Instead it contains lemongrass oil. Regardless, the same review applies.

Citrus Lift Fine Hair Uplifting Conditioner ($3.99 for 12 ounces) has merit as a basic smoothing conditioner with silicone. It is appropriate for normal to slightly dry hair that is normal to slightly coarse or thick.

Citrus Lift Let Loose Detangling Spray ($3.99 for 8 ounces) is a very lightweight leave-in conditioner in spray form that will work well for someone with normal to slightly dry hair.

Citrus Lift Normal Hair Bodifying Conditioner ($3.99 for 12 ounces) is a more emollient version of the Citrus Lift Fine Hair Uplifting Conditioner above, and is suitable for normal to dry hair that is normal to coarse or thick. This version does not contain any citrus oils, but the lemongrass oil is a potential problem if it comes into contact with the scalp.

Citrus Lift Rinse Out Daily Tip Conditioner ($3.99 for 5 ounces) is a "targeted" conditioner whose formula isn't much different from other standard conditioners. It is fairly similar to the Citrus Lift Normal Hair Bodifying Conditioner above, except this one does contain citrus oils. The avocado oil makes this slightly more emollient and a better option for dry to very dry hair.

Citrus Lift Flaunt It Finishing Mist ($3.99 for 8 ounces) is an aerosol hairspray that flakes and provides almost no hold, which makes it a must to avoid.

Source: Paula Begoun

SVZ

Default Re: Clairol Herbal Essences Citrus Lift Product Line Review

I bought the conditioner on sale for like a buck, and it sucked. Made my hair dry and filmy at the same time.

I think they've discontinued their Citrus Lift line. I know they've repackaged their whole brand recently. I hate it, because I loved their Rainforest Flowers line and it's gone now.

SVZ

I hate how they got rid of Daily Defense, that made my hair so silky, it was unbelieveable.

Now that you say that, I knew a lot of people who swore by Daily Defense. I never tried it, but everyone I knew that did loved it and were pissed when it was discontinued.

Thread Information