Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Kerastase Initialiste Hair and Scalp Serum

A*O

Default Kerastase Initialiste Hair and Scalp Serum

If you have hair that's thin, brittle, falling out, dull, splitting, generally crap ie my hair, get some of this magic potion. Massage and leave in between washing and drying/styling. Seriously, it's miraculous and worth every cent.

Brookie and holly like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

My hair has never been the same post-baby. I think I'll try this.

OK-so you put it in after you wash hair and leave it? Does it add shine?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

Yes, it comes with a dropper thing and you add a few drops directly onto the scalp and then massage it in. Then you can add styling product and dry as usual. It's not at all oily and doesn't make the hair shinier as such, just stronger and in better condition.
    holly likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Can you tell me the price of this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Krot View Post
    Can you tell me the price of this thing?
    On the official website it's $60

You can get cheaper elsewhere.

I need this. My hair has thinned so much that I'm using rogaine (2 weeks ago) & taking spironolactone (2.5 yrs) , & started using this stuff by Joico about a month ago from their clinicure line that you spray in after you wash your hair that's supposed to make it look thicker & I'm also taking the vitamin from that line. I also take a multi vitamin, multi mineral, vitamin D & iron supplements. My mom actually noticed a difference in the way my hair looks without me saying anything. But I'll look for this product too.

Eta: I've had my thyroid checked & it's normal. There are some other tests I can take, but I may as well try this plan first, cuz if it works for me then I saved hundreds of dollars on tests that may result in me taking the same supplements anyway.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    I need this. My hair has thinned so much that I'm using rogaine (2 weeks ago) & taking spironolactone (2.5 yrs) , & started using this stuff by Joico about a month ago from their clinicure line that you spray in after you wash your hair that's supposed to make it look thicker & I'm also taking the vitamin from that line. I also take a multi vitamin, multi mineral, vitamin D & iron supplements. My mom actually noticed a difference in the way my hair looks without me saying anything. But I'll look for this product too.

Eta: I've had my thyroid checked & it's normal. There are some other tests I can take, but I may as well try this plan first, cuz if it works for me then I saved hundreds of dollars on tests that may result in me taking the same supplements anyway.
    If you have no indications that anything is off systematically, maybe check your labels for wheat proteins. I know if I use this my hair falls out. I only use products that are organic and do not contain wheat, gluten or hydrolyzed vegetable protein and my hair had a ton of new growth and is thick again.
    holly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post

Try this: take a strand of hair equal to the size of a pencil. Yank. If more than 6 hairs come out get to your doctor tomorrow. This could be far more serious than thyroid. Also,take a B-complex , all the B's.
    holly likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Aw! Good luck Holly! Hope you find something to help.
    Thanks A*O, having been on a diet forever, I feel that my hair sometimes needs help, but I'm also a big believer in "feed from within".
    whitetigeress likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Try this: take a strand of hair equal to the size of a pencil. Yank. If more than 6 hairs come out get to your doctor tomorrow. This could be far more serious than thyroid. Also,take a B-complex , all the B's.

Just now saw this (almost two months later...) I forgot about this thread. Got less than 6 hairs, but I quit using the rogaine about a month ago because it was making my problem worse! Initially my hair was looking better, but then my hair started shedding way more than ever. I ended up having to cut my hair short...like really short. I was devastated. Still am a bit. Anyway, I am going to get those tests done because I want to know wth is up with me. Plus I had a pancreatitis attack yesterday that I'm still recovering from (first time in a very long time), so it's a good time to get all checked out. Plus I just got new (better?) insurance.

Hope it all works out for you Holly! And I bet you are rocking that short cut!
    holly likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Thank you Novice! I've had this cut before, but the difference was that when I did it before, I wanted it. This time it was cuz I had to. It's a good cut though.
    KrisNine likes this.

I know what you mean Holly, I'm just trying to help you make lemonade with those lemons!

Have you had any color put on it? That might help both to bulk it out a tiny bit and also for you to fall in love with it?
    Free Charmed.

I'm actually trying to not color it so as to keep it as healthy as possible, but I'm about over that! I have way too many wiry grey hair spiking out everywhere! So I plan to color it again within the next week or so. My roots aren't obvious because I only go a couple of shades lighter than my natural color, but those grey hairs are really obvious!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information