Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Very expensive skincare products - do you?

Default Very expensive skincare products - do you?

Sharing....

I hit the mother load tonight. I went to a cocktail party at a medi-spa where you could have a consult with the fancy doctors in the group (just try and stick a needle in my face), enter a raffle and eat good sushi.

Girlfriend won the raffle along with 10 others. Each raffle was different - it could have been a procedure, a series etc. I got the anti-aging products. Swiss skincare, medical grade like a Park Avenue bitch. The bag was filled with full sized bottles. Eye cream, serum, a hylauronic wrinkle cream and a lip thingy. How can I ever go back? I do have to wash my face and see if they feel good. Then we got a goody bag filled with full sized products from the spa. I love free stuff!

What's the most expensive product you use or would like to try if you got it for free?

Neocutis

Dermatology New York City | Cosmetic Surgery NYC | JUVA Skin & Laser

I use whatever I can afford but I will splurge on La Prairie Eye Cream because I was given a jar a few years ago and it's so rich and beautiful on my skin. But I'm not paying full price for a tiny jar so I buy sample sized tubes on ebay which work out to be about $50 for 15 grams as opposed to $400+ for the 20 gram jar.
    Sassiness likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I forgot - also included was 2 pieces of Cacao 7 chocolate. I just bit into one, tastes like pure cocoa.

Organic Cacao and a Low Carb Lifestyle offer several health benefits.
    Cacao7 advocates a daily serving of 1oz low carb dark chocolate with at least 70% cacao – or 3 pods a day – to reap the mood-enhancing and heart-healthy benefits of this superfood.
    Why Low Carb?

Research shows that a low carbohydrate diet:

1. Helps one lose excess fat
    2. Increases energy levels
    3. Treats metabolic problems
    4. Stabilizes blood sugar levels
    5. Treats diabetes
    6. Normalizes blood pressure
    7. Lowers risk of heart disease (adaptation to a low carbohydrate diet changes the way our body metabolizes fats, hence lowering triglycerides, raising HDL-C and increasing LDL-C particle size.

Why Cacao?

Research shows that cacao:

1. Lowers stress
      Cacao contains theobromine, phenethylamine & anandamide, all of which elevate the mood.
    2. Reduces cell damage
      With its rich source of antioxidants.
    3. Lowers risk of heart disease
      It increases HDL-C, inhibits LDL-C from building on artery walls, reduces risks of clots forming, and lowers blood pressure.

Important to know!

Most of the saturated fat in chocolate is stearic acid, which does not raise LDL cholesterol levels.

- See more at: Good For You - cacao7 Low Carb Chocolates
    Good for you chocolate

Good For You - cacao7 Low Carb Chocolates
    Organic Cacao and a Low Carb Lifestyle offer several health benefits.
    Cacao7 advocates a daily serving of 1oz low carb dark chocolate with at least 70% cacao – or 3 pods a day – to reap the mood-enhancing and heart-healthy benefits of this superfood.

Most of the saturated fat in chocolate is stearic acid, which does not raise LDL cholesterol levels.

- See more at: Good For You - cacao7 Low Carb Chocolates
    MmeVertigina likes this.

I mix mine up, which I suppose you're not supposed to do. I will use something higher end on my eyes and use a low brow face wash. I like to try new things just in case the Holy Grail of beauty products is really out there.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

Jafra skin care is excellent. It's not well known and certainly not considered glamorous but it works wonders. Love it.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Congrats on your goodie bag! I use regular beauty products. I don't have the $ for ritzy stuff.
    Brookie likes this.

I've just started to use Nu Skin. So far, so good. I take scrupulous care of my skin anyway and am never "mistaken" for my age, 60 and I love exploring new stuff, so this is perfect for me. This is anti-aging and it's non-irritating with some great ingredients.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Wow! What great luck! The most pricey product that I use is SkinCeuticals | Phloretin CF . I think it works, the benefits are cumulative so hopefully in 10 years it will matter that I used it. Enjoy your stash!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I mix mine up, which I suppose you're not supposed to do. I will use something higher end on my eyes and use a low brow face wash. I like to try new things just in case the Holy Grail of beauty products is really out there.
    I'm always wondering about cleansing products. I mean, we wash it off? As long as it not drying, does it matter that much? Same goes for makeup remover. I don't like any fragrance in products that stay on but if a makeup remover or cleanser smells like citrus, I will buy it.

Thanks, everybody. Now I can't say I never win anything. So I've been using them and I can tell the difference in the quality - they sink right into the skin, no scents at all, you need very little to spread it and it's like it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I use whatever I can afford but I will splurge on La Prairie Eye Cream because I was given a jar a few years ago and it's so rich and beautiful on my skin. But I'm not paying full price for a tiny jar so I buy sample sized tubes on ebay which work out to be about $50 for 15 grams as opposed to $400+ for the 20 gram jar.

Another La Prairie whore here, I could just sell one of my kidneys for their products (but I wont actually )
    I don't use anything on my skin, apart from entirely natural stuff (vegetal oils, floral waters), but their stuff is good. Really good.

That's when I'd gladly set aside my feminist beliefs and wish I had a millionaire husband lol
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have used pure hormel natural super cream and like the way it works. It's not expensive comparing to the prices of the other companies.
    I can afford it.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; December 3rd, 2013 at 10:53 AM.

I prefer to use spam on my skin, I don't really want skin like a chimp.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Yeah, but it sounds like the chimp cream is "natural", while you know damn well Spam is not.

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Yeah, but it sounds like the chimp cream is "natural", while you know damn well Spam is not.

Cat pee is natural and I won't try that either!
    Brookie likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Card liked my post about the skincare products. Here's the update after using them since I posted.

Eh. I can't say they did anything. It was a harsh winter skin wise, I thought I'd get extra moisture. Can't say I did. The eye serum and the face serum felt clean and clear but I didn't think I was getting enough. I had a facial and the stuff absorbed better of course because my pores were clean.

The fill in serum wrinkle stick which I used on my forehead kind of beaded up under foundation. The best things were the body and hand creams, those worked, they have avocado and almond in them.

I would have been really ticked off I had spent money on Neocutis. But if I did spend that money I'd have been a rich tart anyway and not given a you know what.
    card likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information