Thread: John Frieda Hair Glazers: Yay or nay?

Default John Frieda Hair Glazers: Yay or nay?

I really like the John Frieda line of products for specific hair colours. I have used the Glazer product for Honey blondes, and am nonplussed. I followed the instructions to the letter. I like the amount of colour it deposits , but my hair just feels filthy afterwards. I rinsed and rinsed too! Am I the only one?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

SVZ

Default Re: John Frieda Hair Glazers: Yay or nay?

I tried one by Sebastion...didn't really do anything, but it made my hair shiny...for like 4 washes

I used the JF glaze for brunettes, then realized my hair looks greasy. Now I've got one in the shower and another in the closet. Guess it wouldn't do a lot of good to wash after putting it in. It does kinda turn the gray in my bangs a golden color.

It's received bad reviews on makeupalley.com. You're not the only one who has experienced greasy, dirty feeling hair after using it.

Okay, today I tried something different. In the shower I wet my hair then applied the Glaze and left it on for 5, rinsed well, then shampooed, and used conditioner. I can tell it left some colour and shine, and my hair feels clean!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

It makes my hair feel dry. Some people recommend wrapping the head with plastic wrap, then covering with a towel for 15 minutes to let it soak in...

^ That's what the Sebastian stuff tells you to do. I had the same experience with it that SVZ had.

I did try the plastic wrap and hair dryer for 20 minutes one time. Very dirty feeling after . I really see the same colour results with the shampoo after the glaze.

I've been using the honey-colored one, too. I really can't notice any color change. My hair looks greasy on top, too. The only positive I've noticed is that my long hair is easier to comb out when I get out of the shower--fewer tangles.

I use it, and I have had good results. but I have VERY thin and fragile hair, so the product actually "plumped" mine up fairly well.

Bronze Member

I used it today for the first time, it was the brilliant brunette from cognac to maple. I really noticed a color change, but thought my hair looked a little greasy. Tomorrow I am going to glaze first, and then shampoo and condition (because I REALLY like the brilliant brunette shampoo and conditioner..) and let you know about the color difference, if any! Otherwise, if it works out tomorrow and it wont be greasetacular, I'll be really pleased!

Thread Information