Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Karistiona

Thread: InStyler Rotating Hair Straightener

Default InStyler Rotating Hair Straightener

Thinking of buying it. Have thin curly hair, medium length. Should I?
    They people who try to sell it say in doesn't burn the hair at all, although I could see tiny steams coming out from it as they showed how it flats the hair. Is it really something special that doesn't damage the hair or just another straightener?

http://www.amazon.com/Original-InSty.../dp/B002L5THSI

Unless they've dramatically improved it in the last couple of years, keep your money. I had one given to me and it just doesn't hold your hair well and it's very difficult to maneuver. I had a hard time doing the back of my hair and you really have to use both hands to make it work properly.

I maybe used it 10 times and finally gave it away. Your mileage may vary, but I was very unimpressed.

fgg

i imagine it trapping your hair and getting it all stuck up next to your scalp.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

It doesn't trap your hair and you can't get anywhere NEAR your scalp. I'm tellin' ya, the thing would only work well if you had 3 hands. Plus, it does get extremely hot and it's easy to burn your hands fumbling with the stupid thing.

that's a shame about the Instyler. It's creator is a local boy, Dean Banowetz, so I wanted it to do well.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

As I said, other people may have no trouble with it. It's been selling for at least 2 years, maybe 3, so evidently many people do like it!

I'd suggest just going with GHD straighteners and some good heat protection spray
    smileznlaughs likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I take care of someone who lost her arm at the shoulder a few years ago. She swears by this machine. Her hair always looks beautiful and she said it's the only thing she can use with one hand to get her hair done.

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    I'd suggest just going with GHD straighteners and some good heat protection spray
    I hear lots of recommendations about the GHD straighteners but it's flat iron. I use flat iron and it damages my hair so bad it looks like I have plywoods on my head. Plus, it pulls the hair. I mean, I know they're good but the fact that the InStyler rotate should be a great advantage right?

OK I googled it forever and seems like some people love it and say it's great and then you have people who say it's a complete waste of money. I guess it doesn't work it. The rotate iron is a good idea, maybe they are other hair straighteners like that who actually work and without toasting the hair.

Thread Information