Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Razor recommendations?

Default New Razor recommendations?

I've been using the Schick Intuition for years now, probably almost 10, but the refills are so damned expensive that I've been looking for other options. I bought the Schick Hydro Silk last week at Target and used it this morning for the first time and got uncomfortable razorburn in my underarms and some nasty cuts in my bikini line (and I haven't cut myself shaving in YEARS), although my legs feel pretty good.

Anyone have any good razor recommendations? After that I just want to suck it up and pay the price for the Intuition refills, but $20 for 3 cartridges is crazy.

Venus makes some decent razors. The cartridges aren't cheap but I think they are around $20.00 for 4 or 5 cartridges. I think I use this one and I like it because it has the gel bars on the cartridges - oh & all the cartridges are interchangeable.

http://www.amazon.com/Gillette-Breez...zor+cartridges
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

You're right, Schick Intuition is really expensive for the 3 replacement cartridges - like upwards of $10 at WalMart, but it's the only thing I've ever found that didn't leave me with horrible razor rash. If there was anything cheaper that worked as well, I'd be interested too. I wish Equate would churn out an equivalent!
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I still use the good old two blade bic disposables. They're good for two or three really sharp shaves then you toss them and use a new one out of your bag of like 10 for $3.
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I had my legs waxed for a couple of years. Maybe up to 4, can't remember but the hair quit! Just gave up. Now, no need to wax or shave.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Venus makes some decent razors. The cartridges aren't cheap but I think they are around $20.00 for 4 or 5 cartridges. I think I use this one and I like it because it has the gel bars on the cartridges - oh & all the cartridges are interchangeable.

Amazon.com: Gillette Venus Spa Breeze Womens Razor Refill Cartridges, 6-count Carton: Health & Personal Care
    I use the Venus Embrace and I haven't had any issues. I do use a binkin razor by Noxema. They are disposable and come 3 to a pack for less than $2.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    I still use the good old two blade bic disposables. They're good for two or three really sharp shaves then you toss them and use a new one out of your bag of like 10 for $3.
    I use the pink, disposable Daisy razors, really cheap and work great.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Those cheap plastic razors tear me up. I use Schick Quattro - the men's version. Works better than the women's for me. I've tried switching to different stuff over the years and always go back.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I used one of my SO's spare razors several years ago and never went back to using the ones that are typically marketed to women. He uses the Gillette Fusion and it's the best. We buy the refills at Costco and they're pretty expensive but really good.

Thanks everyone! I just ordered the Venus Breeze from Amazon, will give that one a try, if that doesn't work I might start glomming onto the BF's razors like a few others suggested.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I've been all about the cheapest razors, I see no reason to spend the extra money, done it, don't matter. Go with Preserve if you're feeling eco or buy the target brand disposable double razors. What matters is that you shave at the end of a steamy shower and use a great shave cream/gel or body wash.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I've been all about the cheapest razors, I see no reason to spend the extra money, done it, don't matter. Go with Preserve if you're feeling eco or buy the target brand disposable double razors. What matters is that you shave at the end of a steamy shower and use a great shave cream/gel or body wash.
    Posted from my iPhone
    I can't do the cheapos or I'll slice my legs open. Which pains me because I am the cheapest person alive.

I use the Schick Quattros, but only when they're on sale and I get a coupon and extrabucks at CVS.

Cheap ones are usually okay for me, although that said I prefer the Venus Breeze and the men's ones I've tried (random ones, I get samples in the mail for some reason). The biggest difference for me comes from the shaving cream - I use a light, slippery (cheap) hair conditioner and it works brilliantly.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I like Venus razors but the ones with the gel included like the Intuition doesn't compare to Schick IMO. I do like the Venus disposables, with a good shaving gel/cream I get a good clean shave.

Bic razors slice the hell out of me, even if I've used them 5+ times and expect them to be dull I'm still taking chunks of skin out. I'd avoid those!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

That's the reason I refuse to use the disposables. About 15 yrs ago I used a disposable that had a defective blade. It took a HUGE strip of skin off the front of my leg, I was bleeding like crazy and I still have a scar from it. After that I've never been able to let myself use disposables again.

I got the Venus with the gel block on it, got a little bit of razor burn issues, but then the next time used some of the expensive conditioner I bought and my hair doesn't like (but I refuse to throw out because it was expensive) with it and I was good. Might stick with that, at least until that conditioner runs out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information