Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 1 Post By electrocuted_sheep
  • 1 Post By zzzz_what

Thread: Eye Shadow Palettes

Default Eye Shadow Palettes

People seem to be really big into buying palettes, so I thought I'd create a thread where people can review any they may have or compare products.

Urban Decay's 'Naked' has kind of been "the big one" for awhile. I have it and I do like it. Now there is 'Naked 2' which has similar colors but of a different tone.

Last night I picked up Stila's In The Light palette. It was an impulse buy, then kind of regretted it when I got into my vehicle because the colors seem very similar to UD's Naked. Had a moment of, "Why the heck do I need so many of the same colors?"

Last night I did different looks on each eye, just testing out the palette. I may be the only one but In the Light is MUCH better than Naked. The colors are much nicer once on and they have a better feel to them. The Stila shadow feels 'softer' and like they have a better pigment.

I'm also really happy with the black eyeliner that came in the Stila palette.

I rarely buy palettes. I have a few of these from Trish McEvoy, and I put my shadows in them.

I use a lot of stila single shadows that come without a case, I just lay them on the magnet on the McEvoy page. When I get a shadow that comes in a case, I turn it over and heat it up with a blow dryer. The shadow pan then pops out and I stick it on the page.

When I travel I take one page, put eye shadow, blush, bronzer, etc on it and save space.
    Waterslide likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I've loved every Lancome eyeshadow palette I've ever had, but I always seem to run out just in time for them to discontinue them. The colors are usually true, I love the glimmery stuff, and I love how they feel.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I rarely buy palettes. I have a few of these from Trish McEvoy, and I put my shadows in them.

I use a lot of stila single shadows that come without a case, I just lay them on the magnet on the McEvoy page. When I get a shadow that comes in a case, I turn it over and heat it up with a blow dryer. The shadow pan then pops out and I stick it on the page.

When I travel I take one page, put eye shadow, blush, bronzer, etc on it and save space.

That's genius!!!!

I could actually use one of those because I have a ton of loose shadows. When I worked in cosmetics, we had spare tester shadows from a certain brand in a locked drawer (never used) to replace testers that were on the shelf. The brand did a re-line, so the unused testers in the drawer were now basically trash. They let me take them home, so I am left with single shadows in little metal tins.

I still have several very similar to that from MARK (Avon). I've done that too when they've fallen out of a compact, but I've never thought of using a hairdryer to go ahead and get them out and organize them. That might be my next "can't sleep" project.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I really like these quads from Maybelline. My favorites are Natural Smokes and Chai Latte. They're cheap, handy and pigmented, but some of them are kind of hard to blend, and you have to really dig in your brush to get some product out. I also have Emerald Isles, but I don't really like it all that much. Here are some pics.

I already have Urban Decay's Naked Palette and yeah, it's alright, I agree with others that it can look kinda dirty on you, but I really, really want to try out Lorac's Unzipped palette. Doesn't it look so pretty??? Even though it looks a lot similar to the Naked Palette, oh well, lol.

Brookie likes this.

I like the MAC palettes since you can create your own.

I like MAC and Makeup Forever is really good too you can customize both brands . Inglot has a lot of options for pallets , the only problem is their web site can be a pain in the ass but the price for the shadows almost makes up for it

I don't buy pallettes because I hate frosted eye shadow, but the McEnvoy stuff looks cool. Thnaks WCG.
    Free Charmed.

My mom recently gifted me an Estée Lauder palette... Honestly, I don't think I can ever go back to drugstore eyeshadow again. I'm not Ms. Moneybags by any means, but the color saturation, coverage, and durability are totally worth the extra cost in my opinion.
    Sassiness likes this.

I love Blackberry Frost by Clinique - it's a duo and I wear it most days.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

I realized nearly all my neutral eyeshadows were running out so I bought the Stila In The Light palette. I love the eyeshadow, but has anyone used the smudge stick that comes with it? It's like using a Sharpie for eyeliner. I can't get it to blend, but it will smudge all over my face and not come off. It would be really nice that it doesn't come off in the right spots, but I'd like to be able to blend it or fix the mistakes. I usually use eyeliner that's softer and more smudgeable I guess. dallison, you said you like the eyeliner, do you have the same problems with it though?
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Honestly? My kids got into the palette when I wasn't looking and used it. There went the eyeliner.

To set an eyeliner, you can put a bit of the same color shadow over top or a bit of setting powder. I tend to stay away from MAC, but after watching a pixiwoo tutorial on YouTube I bought a MAC liner and like it. I use a thin eyeliner brush after to shape it.

Thread Information