Thread: Anybody Ever Use the Wen (Chaz Dean) Hair Cleansing System?

Default Anybody Ever Use the Wen (Chaz Dean) Hair Cleansing System?

I know it's sold in late night infomercials (I haven't seen any though) and he also sells it on QVC, which I sheepishly admit to watching when they have one of their beauty hours. There's really not much to demonstrate on QVC because it's a long process. I've really only seen him doing one or two of the styling treatments that he makes. Some of the reviews are a little suspect ... a lot of them say that their frizzy, dry, dull hair was transformed with one washing. I'm having a lot of trouble with my own frizzy (curly), dry, dull hair and was wondering if anyone here has tried it and what they thought of it. On his own website, he sells the whole line (cleansing conditioner, styling cream, two differerent kinds of hair mist and a special detangling comb for $35 (WENŽ hair care by Chaz Dean - Official site - Free Shipping) with free shipping. QVC has bigger bottles of it, but their prices seem high, especially when you add in their ridiculous shipping/handling fees.

Bronze Member

I've never used Wen so cannot give you a personal opinion. However, after reading some threads at EDS:
    http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22246

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14755

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35478

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35478

...I think the general consensus (and partially based on cost effectiveness) is that the WEN system is no more results oriented than the practice of conditioner-only, hair washing. HTH

No, but I'm sick and tired of the damn infomercials! Especially the part where they "prove" regular shampoo "strips" colored hair! Uh, yeah, if you wash it 10 minutes after getting the color put on, like they do in this infomercial.

My friend did and she returned it. Said it made her hair greasy. Then when she tried to stop the auto billing it took her like 3 months. They wouldn't cancel it.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Yikes! Thanks for the feedback! Seems I'll have to look for something else ... *sigh*

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Seems I'll have to look for something else ... *sigh*
    Why don't you give the conditioner-only a try? I have been using this method for over a year and like the results. It does take some getting used to as one feels the hair isn't *clean* enough, but there seems to be just enough detergent in a conditioner to work. Some peeps even suggested the Sauve coconut if you want the smell of WEN. It's definitely worth a try considering how cheap it is.

I tried that Suave coconut. Left me craving coconut cake. Very fattening to use.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I was on a panel to try Wen and at first I really liked it, and I really WANTED to like it but after a week or so I just couldn't use it anymore. It was like building up in my hair, they make it seem pretty complex to use and I feel like if you're not using it right then you're not getting the results they claim. My hair definitely didn't end up full of bounce and shine, it just started to look like I hadn't washed it in weeks.

I will say that the Sweet Almond Mint scent is AMAZING and it does make for a good leave in conditioner for like once a week or something like that, but I wouldn't have ever switched to it full time.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Elite Member

Sally Beauty has a knock-off that you might want to try.

My experience using the Sally's stuff--which I've also heard from people who have used Wen--is that it made my hair start to fall out.

Thread Information