Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Worst beauty products

Default Worst beauty products

Can be anything: shampoo, lipstick, deodorant, etc.

My newest hate is the money I wasted on L'Oreal Vive Pro shampoo & conditioner. I have to have a fairly thick and moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, but this stuff felt like pure silicone. My hair was so limp and greasy. And I hated the smell - hard to peg, but it was kind of like stale candy.

Dove Energy Glow moisturizer - night cream, I think. I hated the smell, it was kind of shimmery (why, for a night cream?), it felt like it just sat on top of my skin and then faded away to nothing with no discernible hydrating effect, and it seemed sort of metallic somehow - like my skin was *thisclose* to itching or having a reaction. Yucko.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Jelly Belly lotions. All smell and no moisture. I think I only paid $2 for a tube of it on super clearance but christ its bad.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Another one: Cover Girl continuous color lipsticks. It doesn't matter what color you pick, they all show up fuschia.

Oh! And the holy grail of bad beauty products: Maybelline Great Lash mascara.

maybelline shine sensational lip gloss. i bought it because i was out of my favourite l'oréal and the drugstore i was in didn't carry it and this looked to be a similar colour but damn, it sucks ass. my l'oréal actually gives me some colour, this just goes on clear, and not just that, it doesn't last for shit.

another gloss i hate is mac lip glass. that shit is so, so sticky it's annoying. yes, gloss needs some staying power but this is too much. it constantly gets hair and other crap stuck to it and your lips feel stuck together too.

pantene shampoo. all of it. never found one i could use, except maybe the volumising clear one. not that it's great or anything but it's the only one that doesn't give me totally limp hair.

maybelline great lash mascara. never got the hype. tried it and it makes my lashes clump.

labello lip balms. so bad. the consistency is horrible. they're all grease and no hydration for your lips, so that underneath the balm, your lips are actually getting drier.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Garnier Pure Clean shampoo and conditioners. After using this for the first time my hair was slimy, greasy and felt like it was covered in a thin film of candle wax. The Pure Clean anti-frizz serum is the exact same crappy product. Just because a product says it's 'green' or all natural doesn't mean it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Can be anything: shampoo, lipstick, deodorant, etc.

My newest hate is the money I wasted on L'Oreal Vive Pro shampoo & conditioner. I have to have a fairly thick and moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, but this stuff felt like pure silicone. My hair was so limp and greasy. And I hated the smell - hard to peg, but it was kind of like stale candy.
    This times eleventy! I thought it was just me. Turned my head into a weird grease ball.

Any Cover Girl foundation or mascara, its all just so useless.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

that reminds me, garnier fructis hair products suck. and they smell like fruity ass too.
    Fran2 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I hate great lash too. The brush alone makes it horrible.

I wanted to like Max Factor eyeshadow but its like you have to scrape it off the palette to even get any on your brush.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Frederik Fekkai Hair Mask. Its basically fucking parafin and takes ages to come out. It also leaves your hair extremely dull.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    Garnier Pure Clean shampoo and conditioners. After using this for the first time my hair was slimy, greasy and felt like it was covered in a thin film of candle wax. The Pure Clean anti-frizz serum is the exact same crappy product. Just because a product says it's 'green' or all natural doesn't mean it works well.
    Absolutely the same here. Any Garnier product = instant greaseball for me. That Fructis thing (dunno if it's called the same everywhere) is just terrible.

I hate Oil of Olay stuff. Haven't bought any of their creams in ages because I regretted it every single time.

I am a recent convert to Great Lash Mascara - that stuff rocks! Makes my lashes long and lush! Cheap too - I'm over spending $20 + for mascara.

Anyway, the thread is about crap beauty products:

• Cover Girl products suck and they have this odd medicine smell to them.

• Mac Lipliners are bad too - way too waxy and "peely".

I second Maybelline Great Lash!! Never understood the love for this frightful product.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    that reminds me, garnier fructis hair products suck. and they smell like fruity ass too.

I tried their gel once and it looked and felt like someone had ejaculated over my hands.

My worst product has to be Garnier Eye Roll-on. It was awful

@qwerty Whew! I was beginning to think I was the only one who adored Great Lash. I love it! There are only two mascaras that rock for me: Great Lash and Lancome.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information