Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

Default Recommend a random beauty product!

Recommend a random beauty product you have tried and tested and would recommend! I'll start...

You see these? These are so helpful, keeping my hair dry and off my back after washing them, because my hair is so damn long. Plus, they only cost me two bucks at the discount store. What random beauty would you recommend?

vaseline for chapped lips, i always put some on before i start my makeup (i put lipstick/gloss on last), that way when i go to put on the lippy(*), my lips are smooth and soft.

*i'm not european, but i love saying lippy!

Dr. Mercola's Shea (Body) Butter
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Plain old heated olive oil for a hot oil treatment.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Pond's exfoliating makeup removing wipes:

honey & brown sugar is an awesome exfoliating face scrub; super cheap, to boot.
    dilligaf likes this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

St. Ives Cellulite Treatment gel/creme. It actually works! (I realize it likely reduces the appearance of cellulite rather than actually eliminates it, but that's all that really matters anyway, yes?)
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

The correct basecoat.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Trial size baby shampoo. I make a little paste in one palm, soap down my eyelashes, then rinse.
    This removes all traces of makeup remover. It also helps my eyelashes stay thick.
    Allergy people-when your eyes get burny, reach for this first before the medicine. Pollen gets in your eyelashes making them burn. Lots of times this will do the trick.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Facial primer. In my case, I use Mary Kay facial primer. It's fantastic. Makeup foundation stays on perfectly for hours upon hours--far longer than 8, and makes your makeup and skin looks flawless to boot.

On the cheap, I recommend baby oil for removing eye makeup/mascara. A few drops on a cotton pad (or even on your finger) does the trick. It's cheap and lasts your forever. On the more expensive side, I recommend Touche Eclat by YSL. It's a concealing pen. I love it and can't live without it.

diluted apple cider vinegar as an astringent. 1 part acv, 1 part water. takes off dead skin cells without drying out skin.
    dilligaf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Pond's exfoliating makeup removing wipes:

Do they have any kind of scent? I can't do anything with a scent - fresh or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Trial size baby shampoo. I make a little paste in one palm, soap down my eyelashes, then rinse.
    This removes all traces of makeup remover. It also helps my eyelashes stay thick.
    Allergy people-when your eyes get burny, reach for this first before the medicine. Pollen gets in your eyelashes making them burn. Lots of times this will do the trick.
    She soaps her eyelashes. I want to bow at this woman's feet by sliding up to her on my creamed elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    Facial primer. In my case, I use Mary Kay facial primer. It's fantastic. Makeup foundation stays on perfectly for hours upon hours--far longer than 8, and makes your makeup and skin looks flawless to boot.
    Totally into the primer thing. It truly has made a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    diluted apple cider vinegar as an astringent. 1 part acv, 1 part water. takes off dead skin cells without drying out skin.
    I have this. Didn't know, gonna try. Thanks.

Mine is - even with the many concealer's that I buy and try, my go to creamy concealer is Max Factor Erace. Medium tone. It just works.

Tati - you know those St Ives products make some really nice products and they have a good rep.

The Queen of cheap and abundant is Queen Helene I love big jars.

Queen Helene: Skin Care Products

Purity (face wash) and Hope in a Jar (moisturizer) by Philosophy - I keep trying different stuff and always come back.
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

Burt's Bees tinted lip balm.

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information