Thread: Hair dryers

Default Hair dryers

I'm thinking about buying a hair dryer. Probably an expensive one. I've been considering a T-3, Super Solano, or a Babyliss but I can't make up my mind. Also, I've been using the same hair dryer for almost 10 years now. It's a Conair 1875. It works fine and I have very few complaints but it does dry out my hair and I don't really get a smooth finish (plus, the attachment that came with it never clipped on to the actual hair dryer so I eventually threw it out). So, is a fancy new hair dryer worth $200 or should I buy another conair for $20. Any ideas or suggestions?
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

you don't need to spend 200$ but definitely more than 20. you just need a very strong dryer with temperature control so that you get a lot of air but that it doesn't get so hot that it burns your hair. and to get that kind of power, you do need to spend more money. but the dryer i have now cost me about 80 bucks and it's great.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Don't laugh but this is almost exactly like the hairdryer I've been using.

My old one gave up the ghost and a friend had it in the cupboard and gave it to me after I'd been bitching about how long it takes for my hair to dry naturally. Apparently it was their mum's and they think she got it some time in the 1970's. The crazy thing is that my soopah doopah Babyliss one that blew up was only two or three years old and this one is roughly the same age as me and still bloody works!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

why must you people make me google? googled dryer and found this awesome diffuser!!! Amazon.com: DevaCurl Devafuser With Set It Free: Beauty
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

so, why were you in this thread?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

mothfucker---random hijack here, but my keyboard is all sorts of fucked up.For instance i hit the question mark key and this happens-- and i hit the little up arrow key (number 6) and i get the question mark?.......anyone know what to do?
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

T13nif, your keyboard has defaulted to French You can change it back to English on the bottom right corner of your screen (by the clock and date). The language bar is there, just click on it and select English

If that doesn't work, unplug it, reboot your computer, then plug it back in.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    so, why were you in this thread?
    BECAUSE SHE LIKES SHOPPING ONLINE. apparently

*Sniffs slight smell of Spam in the air* It's coming.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I have a CHI Handshot. I bought it b/c it is very lightweight & it doesn't have a handle, so it's easy to maneuver. However, it only has cool, med, & hot settings. I don't like that b/c I really only want med heat, but high power, but I can't get the high power unless I have it on the hot or the cold setting, so that really sucks. And it was not a cheap dryer, either. I should have returned it as soon as I realized it, but I didn't.

^ CHI is not cheap but great quality. I have a hair straightener by them and was curious about their hairdryer. Thank you for the heads up as I too prefer medium heat at high speed.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    T13nif, your keyboard has defaulted to French You can change it back to English on the bottom right corner of your screen (by the clock and date). The language bar is there, just click on it and select English
    Those french bastards!!! I checked and it still said i was using US English keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    If that doesn't work, unplug it, reboot your computer, then plug it back in.

It was fine once i rebooted.

On the hair dryer note...i'm looking for one too. I had a BabyLiss Pro Carrera which seems to have busted it's heating coil. It's 4 years old so i guess it had a good run. The best place to buy hair stuff is www.folica.com ---great sales and free shipping (i'm not spamming, honestly).
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

I have an Elchim, it's lasted a really long time - I think I bought it in 1999 for about $85, they still seem to cost about the same. It's the red and black one, six speed/heat settings. I have pretty thick long hair, and it works fast.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Don't laugh but this is almost exactly like the hairdryer I've been using.

My old one gave up the ghost and a friend had it in the cupboard and gave it to me after I'd been bitching about how long it takes for my hair to dry naturally. Apparently it was their mum's and they think she got it some time in the 1970's. The crazy thing is that my soopah doopah Babyliss one that blew up was only two or three years old and this one is roughly the same age as me and still bloody works!
    if it's really from the 70s, you should stop using it. until about 1980, most hair dryers contained asbestos.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I use a Super Solano. Red and black one. It's about ten years old and I paid about $125 for it. I purchased one of those Ceramic Ion BS things (T3) a few years ago and hated it. I have long hair and it dried it super fast, but made it limp and somewhat frizzy. I got it at Nordstrom and returned it. Those things are over $200. I went back to my Solano. It's a bit heavy, but it's powerful and makes my hair look great.

My best friend buys the cheap ones at the drugstore and has to replace them every year. I keep telling her to just invest in a good one and it'll last you.

The good thing with Solano is the repair. Once it's out of warranty, you can send it to them with a check for $30, a description of what's wrong with it and your return address. They clean it up and send it back to you repaired.

Thread Information