Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lush Cosmetics

Default Lush Cosmetics

I found the best store over the weekend!!! It's called LUSH and they create hand made, all natural "cosmetics". They say cosmetics, but it's whole body cosmetics. The website is www.lush.com and it looks like they're all over the world. I bought a few things yesterday and believe it or not, I saw results immediately. LUSH products I'm using:

Ocean Salt - All natural sea salt is used for exfoliation. Lime and grapefruit tone and refresh your skin. Organic coconut and avacado butters soften it. If you happen to get some in your mouth no worries, it's tastes pretty good. lol Just try not to swallow it. lol (I saw results right after I washed this stuff off. I kid you not!)

Enchanted Eye Cream - Lavender, almond oil, jojoba oil, honey and the synthetics needed to make sure it's obsorbed into the skin make this so safe for around the eyes. Great night cream. My eyes are usually puffy in the morning. Not today!

Afterlife moisturizer - Too much partying, crappy eating, not enough water, can all take a toll on your skin. This totally puts the life back into your skin. Hense the name Afterlife! The smell of this is distinct. To me it smells like a tea bag. lol But once you put in on your skin the smell goes away. Well worth it for the glow I have this morning.

I used all this stuff last night. This morning my skin is glowing and super soft. I was going to try microdermabrasion to bring the life back to my face, but I think I've found my saviour! lol What's even better is EVERYTHING is natural. The products have a shelf life. The masks have to be kept in the fridge. lol Try it, you'll love it. If you have, you'll know what I'm talking about.
    Most of us die with our music still inside

Default Re: Lush

^^ I could have written that post a couple of years ago, I was also thrilled when I first bought their products. BUT:

What's even better is EVERYTHING is natural
    Not!

For example:

OCEAN SALT

Ingrédients: Fine & Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extract (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoampoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Glycerine, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Perfume, FD& C Blue, Methylparaben, Propylparaben(taken from www.lush-shop.ch
    I do not have the time to check every component now, but those I put in red are chemicals and they are not good for you (google them up)!

Unfortunately you have to check at least twice when the product is advertised as "natural". Yes, they use plants and fresh organic stuff, but then if nocive chemicals are added, what's the use?
    Nope.

Those are described as "Safe Synthetics". Ingredients that need to be added to hold the stuff together I would think. It could be worse though. Have you looked at what high end stuff has in it? Now that's scary. Oh well. I'm happy with the results.

* Methylparaben/Propylparaben - Food grade preservatives developed in Europe and used to ensure shelf life, hygienic stability of products. One of the most commonly used preservative in cosmetics today and is non -irritating, non -sensitizing and non -toxic.

This is what I found online. At the top of the page it said it's potentially pore clogging. But you're right, it's good to know what's in the stuff you're using. I don't think anything could be all natural. Like the saleswoman said to me in the store, they add safe synthetics so the product will be obsorbed into the skin. If I put a mango on my face it wouldn't be obsorbed.
    Most of us die with our music still inside

lush is great and if you get half a block to a store you already smell it!
    my favorites are avobath ballistic and buffy!

Parabens are beginning to be thought cancerogenous. They're mineral oil derivates. They're used in almost every friggin beauty product
    They are used to ensure that the products last a long time and are not degraded even if ill-used (like leaving the pot open, putting not very clean fingers in it, etc..).
    But there are also brands that use vegetal-only preservatives. In Europe there is Lavera, Logona, Weleda, and some products from some other brands (look for the BDIH or Ecocert Label).

http://www.organicconsumers.org/body...aben011304.cfm

http://www.health-report.co.uk/parabens.htm

I may be a bit paranoid but I prefer to be on the safe side

After all, not so long ago, the tobacco industry was denying the link between smoking and a whole series of cancers
    Nope.

We've had Lush here since the mid-90's. Not a big fan, though, just walking by it gives me a sinus headache! I tried their shampoo bars in the past, but they made my scalp break out in sores!

Also, it's funny about the extra additives. I bought some Aveda Shampure conditioner, because I love the smell, but when I was reading the label, it said something about that the bottle was only recyclable where special facilities exist. This company that prides itself on all natural stuff, and you can't recycle the bottle!

My mum bought some Lush products a while ago, am I right in remembering they have stickers with a cartoon picture of the person who handmade the product? My mum had stickers saying "Simon made this product ...and the date"

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaj
    My mum bought some Lush products a while ago, am I right in remembering they have stickers with a cartoon picture of the person who handmade the product? My mum had stickers saying "Simon made this product ...and the date"
    yep, and all that stuff you're buying is from my hometown. I've been buying from Lush for absolutely years; the products are all made in Poole, and it's where their first shop was. You'll see a lot of the ingredients are made with Dorset ingredients, like Dorset honey. Nothing's tested on animals, and they work with a lot of aromatherapy ideas. Some people wl react to the products because there's a lot of essential oils used, but for the most part the products are natural, they only use safe synthetics (and most of their products don't contain parabens, for example the solid cleansing bars with require absolutely no preservatives).

See, I'm supporting a local business

Bronze Member

Default Re: Lush Cosmetics

I used to love love love Lush, would drive to Vancouver for it. Then my skin started reacting adversly to it and now I hardly use any of their products anymore. The quality has definately gone down and prices have gone up unjustifiably.
    Most of the face care line is awful, way too many heavy emollients for long term use.
    The salt scrub is the worst for your skin. THe salt grains are way too big and will more than likely cause a lot of tearing to the skin and I also found it drying, alcohol does do that!

I loved their hardwater shampoo bar, but the contitioning bar was too hard to use. It was like trying to apply crayon to my hair tips.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Don't care for their crap at all. Glittery bath bombs...

^^sounds like a bladder infection waiting to happen.

I can't even get near that place, the stench coming out of it burns my sinuses from across the street.

I knew someone who worked there who couldn't fucking smell anything when she went home.. it took 6 months for her sense of smell to come back after she quit that place.

Can you imagine the multiple chemical sensitivity issues you'd have working there? Good god.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^ the WORST allergies I ever had (4 months of flu like symptoms) developed when I worked in the fragrance department of Sears.

The smell is very over-powering.

If I go in I have to nip in and out quickly . I like some of the stuff but I don't think it's anything special.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information